Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

Gran tourismo look alikes on the pc?

As title says, do you guys know of any (fairly) recent PC titles that play like Gran Tourismo? What I am looking for is

- no F1 cars

- modding cars

- races

That sort of thing smile_o.gif

TIA smile_o.gif

Nastcar 2003, Live for speed ?

Nascar doesn't feature good cars, the tracks are rubbish, and you can't do much modding either, can you?

hehe honestly... i have no idea... You say nascar is bad? because one of my friends has orderd it to xbox and i was looking forward for that one...

anyway im more into formula 1 myself so i guess i can't give too many advices

GTA 3

You can find all sorts of modded cars.

Not so sure for Vice City, I think there will be tools to make your own missions/races for it soon.

I know in VC there's a few races, one of them takes you around both islands. I did it once on a motorbike without falling off or crashing once. Just remember to brake once in a while. biggrin_o.gif

-=Die Alive=-

I really don't like GTA 3 that much... It wasn't as fun as i expected. I was gonna buy either mafia or GTA but i didn't buy any of them (borrowed both from a friend)

Edit, Advanced Member - here i am  dazzler.gif

smile_o.gif

I used to like the races in the Midtown Madness series. And I think there were modded car for those games too. Midtown Madness 3 is out now/soon, set in Paris and Washington. But not sure if it's XBox only.

-=Die Alive=-

I used to like the races in the Midtown Madness series.  And I think there were modded car for those games too.  Midtown Madness 3 is out now/soon, set in Paris and Washington.  But not sure if it's XBox only.

-=Die Alive=-

He means Moddable, my modifying the car, not modifying the game by adding addons

like tune up engine horsepower from 300 hp to 380 hp

lighting the weight of a car

adding a turbo

smile_o.gif

I saw an MMO game about racing where you could tune your car, never tried it as i am no big fan of p2p its made by EA, i think its called Motorsport online or something

PS: In GT3 you can win F1 cars  tounge_o.gif

He means Moddable, my modifying the car, not modifying the game by adding addons

like tune up engine horsepower from 300 hp to 380 hp

lighting the weight of a car

adding a turbo

NHRA Drag Racing 2 then? biggrin_o.gif

-=Die Alive=-

TOCA Race Driver maybe?

Very close, but not close enough smile_o.gif

Less formal races and racing cars, more normal cars, basically, more or less just like Gran Tourismo biggrin_o.gif With a bit of Fast+Furious, if you wouldn't mind wink_o.gif

Isn't there such a game for the PC sad_o.gif