Sign in to follow this  
itim_tuko

Problems with recognicing paa-textures

Visitor doesnt show paa textures i have in one folder. I first have to convert them into tga or gif so Visitor can see them and then Visitor converts them back into paa - does anyone now why?

I have the same problem, it will only show .pac files and not .paa. It is a problem with visitor for opening files.  When you go to open a texture file the default "file of type:" is (*.pac, *paa). To open a .paa file go to the line above where it says "File name:" and type     *.paa         this will show all of the .paa files in that folder.

This is an extra tedious step, maybe they should have released a beta version first to iron out the problems.

They couldn't have released a BETA version because V2 isn't a 'new' program that has to be tested. It's the same program they made the original islands with. I think most of the problems we are experiencing are related to our lack of knowledge of the program and not to bugs.

I have the same problem, it will only show .pac files and not .paa. It is a problem with visitor for opening files.  When you go to open a texture file the default "file of type:" is (*.pac, *paa). To open a .paa file go to the line above where it says "File name:" and type     *.paa         this will show all of the .paa files in that folder.

This is an extra tedious step, maybe they should have released a beta version first to iron out the problems.

Yes, it's the right solution, we were doing the same. We had to live with it all the time when working on Flashpoint and Resistance so I guess you have too wink_o.gif

Yes, it's the right solution, we were doing the same. We had to live with it all the time when working on Flashpoint and Resistance so I guess you have too  wink_o.gif

Heheh. Nice one.

Its not a big thing, I can count numerous applications that have a similar system. But its not a big issue and once you know it works like that you do get used to it. smile_o.gif