Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Batlle field earth beta

Hey again peeps!

As well as the skye virus I have complete a solo project:

Battle field earth.

It is a single player mission based on the X-com classic stragy games.But it can allso be played in multiplayer with 6 other buddies,as long as they are patient and do not fool around.

It is pretty simple to get to grips with but i recomend you read the breifing firtst.

addons and missions can be found at my newly opend site:

Shells workshop

Thnx,

Shell shock

EDIT:

Iknow this is a bit breif so ill put down all the features.

In this mission you as a leader of a highly trained military unit speciley created to fight a unkowen alien force.You must protect the city and citizecne of petrovice from the alien threat.

Features:

*A supplie system

*use supplies to buy equipment and vehicals for your squad

*Aliens attack the city at random times and in random numbers

*Attacks will occure randomly in major citys all over the island (in later versions)

*will be able to recrute new squad members (later versions)

*Reaserch to upgrade your weapons and vehicles (later versions)

Oh my god dude that is so awesome!

I played your mission for like 5 hours non-stop and loved every minute of it. It kinda felt like X-COM again, and to tell the truth I didnt expect that. Wow, hey could you please add a better choice of vehicles and weapons? And maybe some repair trucks and ammo truck, etc, that would be nice! Also I would love it if you could FDF mod's XA188 Pasi to the list of available-buyable vehicles, it's just so kind of futuristic looking and fits the atmosphere. Thanks dude for this great mission.

P.S I played this with FDF mod, it's better than original.

Thnx m8,

Nice idea but I do not want to add addon vehicals (as this limits the range of ppl who can play it) And allso i do not have the FDF mod (dont want all thous addons clogling up my OFP crazy_o.gif )

P.S.the current Battle Field earth on my website is the new updated single player version.

Okay I kind of edited the thing...you know for pure...ammm enjoyment for meself...I will not release it then, well not without your permission anyway. I added BAS MH47 and instead of M113, there is XA185 Pasi from FDF. Also I replaced both the cargo transporter/weapon bringing truck and the money bringing truck with M113s because of pure frustration when I find out that my base was swarming with aliens (which by the way I had no notification, fixed that) and at that same unfortunate moment the truck with money came and the driver got killed. So no money for me. Also I added a kind of jukebox (for some nice tunes while alien ass kicking) and the ability to save the game by 0-0-1. And finally I replaced the crew model with BAS rangers, I dont know why....

Some more ideas:

How about a sort of an antennae tower that you can upgrade. (thats when you make the aliens attack different cities) Say at first, your tower can pick up distress signals from Petrovice only, and hence your income would be low (say 250sps), then as you gradually upgrade it your range increases so does your funding. Thats how it was in X-Com... Also how about the ability to create other bases (again increasing the range but costing more) also as I'm typing this I got another idea. You know how you can only recruit 5 soldiers? Well in X-Com you could recruit more by upgrading your barracks, so why not implement it here.

On the contrary, your mission gave an idea: To make a whole new X-Com mod, with geniune models.

Okay thats it before another crazy-whacky-unintelligible idea pops into my head...

Well you have my permission to realese your Battle field earth 'Remix' mission smile_o.gif .

And for the ideas,Love the one about upgradble antennae tower! I will try and script this (cnt think how to go about it at this moment) allso the barracks idea is nice too.I was all ready planing to make the ablity to build new bases,Or in the mission they can be Out posts.I might even try make some simple multi commandble squad system,so you can deal with a encounter on the other side of the island without having to fly your squad from one end to the other,and just simpley have sqauds in diffrent out posts across the island.

Allso i have heard that there is all ready a X-com mod,i will try to see if i can find any thing onit now.

Quote[/b] ]P.S.the current Battle Field earth on my website is the new updated single player version.

Hold on so yer saying that you have updated the mission since yesterday? (With research, random cities, etc???)

biggrin_o.gifrock.gifwow_o.gif

no im saying that i have updated BFE since this thread was first posted (witch was a while ago,supprise aint been locked)

Because the very first beta of BFE was orginaly MP but when i tested it with other ppl i found that most of the 'avrage' players did not have the pations to wait for the weapons arrive and aliens to attack.(Plust no one would read the fucking breifing crazy_o.gif )

So i delelted the other playes and kept it single,allso added recruitble Soldiers.

Hmm well i havent worked on it on quite some time but i think ill go back to it soon,just a bit short on time latley

Quote[/b] ]Because the very first beta of BFE was orginaly MP but when i tested it with other ppl i found that most of the 'avrage' players did not have the pations to wait for the weapons arrive and aliens to attack

Well, there are a lot of players who like it that way.

In my opinion, that's the greatest problem with RTS3, it is too fast, eliminating the need for a decent strategy. The way me and my friends would like to play is to drag a lot of computers to the same house, then play a realistic guerilla warfare game where a single game may very well take an entire day.

In other worlds, don't be afraid to make a slow multiplayer version. A lot of people like that.

Well i found somthing on the X-com mod:

Info.cz

And i am thinking of making a RTS style mission with much more stragy involved.

OK. Beta-test:

1. You need to fix all your spelling mistakes. Really annoying. I'm not saying taht I know English like my primary language but still the mistakes should be fixed.

2. Add Black Baron's UFO addon. In the beginning of the game there should be normal UFOs and closer to the end - invisible ones.

3. Why aliens are not attacking civilians ?

1.Im 14 and spell like shit and english is my one and only language.(lol)

2.I was going to do that but the AI on thous UFOs are shit and they just keep flying in one direction as soon as they see a enemy.

3.Because the game ends when all civies are dead and when i made the aliens shoot em i could neva get the the city in time to stop then,so i lost.

Thnx

dictionary.com is great, or you can use MS Word to spellcheck, or paste into a netscape Email and spellcheck there, I assume outlook has a spellchecker but I don't use outlook. There are plenty of ways to spellcheck, will make your work more respected and it may teach you something which is never a bad thing smile_o.gif

hey why now respawn UFOs landed on the ground? Like in the X-COM (yes again with that game).

Oh and about the Civilian killing thing, why not make a time limit, say 5 minutes, if you cant\dont show up, the aliens would finish with their business and kill 1 civilian. So then the player has all the motivation to go and kill them rather than sit and make money.

Ladies and Gentlemen! (Yo, ladies, can I have ye number?)

Anway, without further ado, may I present to you, BattleField Earth REMIX (with permission of the author himself)!  Changes\improvements:

-Alarm system notifies you when the town attacked or when your base is under attack (I put it in the last seconds so I didnt have time to test it, but it should work)

-New type of soldier: Elite, costs 1000SP but more experienced

-The models improved, I changed them from Crew to Special Jaegers and Jaeger Officer from the FDF mod. They look up the the theme

-Replaced the default HMMVW with the one from Qkg's pack (with M2 machine gun on top)

-JukeBox added with both Resistance and FDF tunes.

-Save game from the game itself (0-0-1)

-Now 4 types of weaponry

Light issue Weapons: MP5 + M80 pistol

Assault Weapons: M16 + RS95 (from FDF)

Heavy Weapons: All the usual except TAC2000 and Remington shotgun

Spec Weapons: Usual (cant remember now, lol)

-Replaced the ammunition and money bringing truck with M113s (not very practical carrying essential money and weaponry through warzone on trucks)

-Sorry Murphy but I removed the annoying black background that comes with the "Petrovice under attack" message. I did the same with the beginning intro-thing. It blinded the player when that message appeares during combat.

-Added BAS MH-47

-Replaced M113 with FDF's XA185, better fits the scene.

-Added fuel, ammo and repair carts

-Added storage with lots of stretchers for wounded and extra support carts, just in case.

-2 versions, the one with the Qkg's hummer pack and the one without (for those 56kers who dont want to DL extra 2mbs of addons)

Known Bugs:

I am sorry if some random "no entry" message appeares, I checked and double checked the mission.sqm but sometimes it does come up...or is it me?

Also please do not order more that one type of weapons with one delivery, the result isnt really bad but the weapons litter the surrounding landscape with mags and weapons all over the place. Hopefuly Murphy will fix that (wont you Murphy, *wink* *wink*).

Also, its not really a bug but it needs to be fixed: Whats up with aliens carrying grenades? I have nothing against it, its just that sometimes they pop out of a building and boom - you and your squad down.

---------------------------------------------------------

As you have probably guessed, you will need FDF mod for this remake. And no, I wont release a normal, default version...awwww stop looking at me with those puppy-dog eyes!.....oh well maybe later....but I cant promise anything. Besides, you should get FDF anyway, better sounds, realistic recoil, etc.

Well here they are, still hot from all that testing I've done:

BattleField Earth Remix with no HMMVW MG:

http://www.freewebs.com/kiwiswhofly2/BatleField Earth REMIX NoHMMVW.zip

BattleField Earth Remix Normal:

http://www.freewebs.com/kiwiswhofly2/BattleField Earth REMIX.zip

QuakerGamers HMMWV pack (2.95mbs)(needed for normal version)

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=2966

FDF mod:

http://koti.mbnet.fi/~fdfmod/downloads.html

So there....download your head off. And thanks to D.murphy man for this very original mission, all credit should go to him! Hope you will update it soon.

EDIT: OH sorry forgot the link for BAS MH47 (although ya'll should have it already):

http://www.ballistic-studios.com/downloads/BAS_BAS_MH47E1_2_for191.zip

Okay there was a problem with siren at your base not working when the town is attacked, fixed that. So please if you downloaded it like 5 minutes ago, could you download it again.

One word: Sweeeeet

I will try updating it soon,ill be adding more towns and most properly upgrades and maybe multisquad command and more buyble bases (And of course bug fixes wink_o.gif )

Thnx,

Murphy

(a.k.a shell sh0ck)

2.I was going to do that but the AI on thous UFOs are shit and they just keep flying in one direction as soon as they see a enemy.

3.Because the game ends when all civies are dead and when i made the aliens shoot em i could neva get the the city in time to stop then,so i lost.

Thnx

1. Really LOL smile_o.gif

2. Make their behaviour careless and remove all weapons

3. Solution number 1: add more civies

Solution number 2: add civie revive script

And plese release the next version w/o FDF mod. It's too huge for me (and manyother ppl who have 56k) to DL.

1.yep

2.I all ready tried it! nothing works !! not even disable AI !! crazy_o.gif

3.ill look into it rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]And plese release the next version w/o FDF mod. It's too huge for me (and manyother ppl who have 56k) to DL

Lol dude, it's only my remix that requires FDF, I doubt Murphy will do the next version with it. And I might replace the FDF models with others (if I will find suitable substitutes).

Quote[/b] ]And plese release the next version w/o FDF mod. It's too huge for me (and manyother ppl who have 56k) to DL

Lol dude, it's only my remix that requires FDF, I doubt Murphy will do the next version with it. And I might replace the FDF models with others (if I will find suitable substitutes).

I'm saying it to Murphy. I have nothing against your remix.