Sign in to follow this  
D.murphy man

Batlle field earth beta

Oh and another few suggestions:

1. Make a radio tower upgrade avaliable. So for example if you don't have a radio tower you can only monitor aliens around you base and in Petrovice

2. Make a SP carrier upgrade avaliable. So upgrade #1: truck is changed to M113; upgrade #2 m113 is changed to Chinnok (for quicked delivery)

Quote[/b] ] Make a SP carrier upgrade avaliable. So upgrade #1: truck is changed to M113; upgrade #2 m113 is changed to Chinnok (for quicked delivery)

Stalker, yer thinking RTS style thing. Every type of vehicle has different pros and cons like: a 5t truck can carry a lot of people and equipment. M113 is slow, and doesnt carry as much. Chinook is a totally different category, isnt really maneouverable, and cant land in every place. In X-com (it's suppose to be a clone, am i right?) there were no upgrades, only research. You could research new weapons, better armour, etc. And even then, a new upgrade didnt mean the best, there were different reasons both from tactical and economical point of view to keep the level of technology at a certain level.

Quote[/b] ] ...maybe multisquad command

If you mean like have an AI leader controlling his own squad and the player can give him orders then its not a good idea. Fighting aliens (as seen in petrovice) is a complex tactical thing as they pop out of buildings and stuff.

If however you mean being able to switch between say two different squads in two different places, well thats a good idea. Again though it doesnt solve the problem of having to go a long way if a distant town is attacked, since the player has to be there himself to effectively command his troops.

Oh yeah, I think it will be a good idea if you switch existing vehicles from default to 21vcargo pack's since it's quite important for the player to be able to stuff his weaponry and equipment in his current vehicle and go battle.

Quote[/b] ] Make a SP carrier upgrade avaliable. So upgrade #1: truck is changed to M113; upgrade #2 m113 is changed to Chinnok (for quicked delivery)

Stalker, yer thinking RTS style thing. Every type of vehicle has different pros and cons like: a 5t truck can carry a lot of people and equipment. M113 is slow, and doesnt carry as much. Chinook is a totally different category, isnt really maneouverable, and cant land in every place. In X-com (it's suppose to be a clone, am i right?) there were no upgrades, only research. You could research new weapons, better armour, etc. And even then, a new upgrade didnt mean the best, there were different reasons both from tactical and economical point of view to keep the level of technology at a certain level.

And why not to make the mision a bit RTSsish smile_o.gif Maybe not uprgades but reserches and ability to buy 5t Truck, M133 etc

Okay the ultimate idea! You know how right now there is no end? Well I got a solution. It consists of a few sub-ideas as well: 1)Make aliens capturable when player or his squad mates are say half a metre away. 2) Thus creating the motivation\drive for Research. The more aliens you capture the more research points you get (a weapon: say 1 point, an alive alien: 5 points), the more points you get, the better things you can research (temporary). And finally we come to 3) But you need the captured alien not just for research purposes, but for interrogation for he might just tell you where their hidden base is. HENCE if you destroy it, the mission finishes. Also, the base is not yet spawned until the player captures the alien (so you cant just take a chopper and fly around). The more aliens you capture, the better and more accurate location you get.

Nice idea,ill have to think how to script it.Maybe i could script some sort of Knock out Gas grenade (Like in the game) where it will put the aliens asleep so u can capture them alive,Then do research on them like you said.Just the time and motovation..

Hmmmm, what about using the stroke action (god that sounds dirty) to make them unconscious. But then again, witht the way I suggested it, the AI squadmates can do it as well, because with stun grenades, they'll just throw them like the normal ones which isnt very effective.

EDIT: I'm downloading the actual game, I'll have a closer look later, might suggest something better. (Is Apocalypse any good?)

X-com Apocalypse is the only one iv ever played,and IMO is one of the best games iv played

Ahhh playing Enemy Unknown brings back all those great memories of me and my friend naming two soldier our names and we could play this game all day, record was 22 hours and 42 minutes non stop...ofcourse that was only 4 years ago...

This is only an Idea but how about adding the Tau Pack (warhammer addon) instead of the Zabrak?? at least it would be worth buying the apache in the mission to take out the tanks and Walkers!! if i knew how to edit the mission i would try but you would also need the autors permission.

well i got the tua pack and well,it aint that good,the tanks invinsble (things jus go straight throw it) the walkers dnt have ne guns (could all ways add sum on them thou) and the textures are awful (i know its a beta) but when later versions of it come out i might consider it.

P.S. my editing pal Sims has tooken the project of my hands and has now made it multiplayer again and with an extra village and lots of new stuff.Check out site for D/L