Sign in to follow this  
PHY_Hawkeye

Second forum war story

I found this on my hard drive, and realised it was never compiled and cleaned up. It's the second war story we did, and I think it's worth a read. Note, this was all written before the war started, and please don't turn this into a political thing.

The Operation Flashpoint Official Forum War Story 2

Contributing Writers:

Cloney (Vasquez)

Hawkeye (Clarke)

Albert Schweizer (Unnamed U.S. soldier)

Col. Kurtz (Iraqi conscript, Iraqi Sergeant)

rocketjager (Sgt Ibraham Al Hazid)

FSPilot (O’Donnell, Kensingsen)

IsthatyouJohnWayne (Ali Al-Maroun, Salvador)

Edit: the story is too long to fit into one post sad_o.gif, you can go here if you wan't to read it.

Sorry about that Mods, close the thread if you think it's nessessary

Totally forgot about that ,heh

had to edit some obvious stupid mistakes i saw reading through my little part again

I suppose doing one now (before and after) might be a little tasteless.. people are dieing now but im kind of tempted tounge_o.gif

I must have been drunk!

We should do it again! This time I try harder! I promise! Lets start is all over, but this time with an After Iraq-war scenario.

I want someone to be called Seargent Whitaker! tounge_o.gif

Why don't we create our own scenario? That way, we don't have to worry about checking the news to see if it's accurate.

Why don't we create our own scenario? That way, we don't have to worry about checking the news to see if it's accurate.

Do I hear "Guba and Saddam ; Attack of the Clones!"? biggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Do I hear "Guba and Saddam ; Attack of the Clones!"?   biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

How about Guba breaks out of his cell with a few of his communist friends and run to Iraq before the 1st gulf war and become advisors of the Iraqi army? wow_o.gif

Urm.....what mistakes? As far as I know, the Iraqis didn't make all that many mistakes. They just got the shit bombed out of them and there was nothing they could do about it.

I would tend to think that fighting for Saddam Hussein in that war would constitute a personal (if unavoidable) mistake in which case no they didnt make many mistakes. If Iraqis want to fight for their -country- on the other hand then now seems more the time to do it.

I think it is possible to view the total breakdown and dispersal of the R.G. and an unbelievable lack of fortification or military preparation in Baghdad (allowing the coaltion to a great extent to drive straight in) as a military mistake.

I was going to contribute by having a small British signals troop conducting operations, and then have a A10 engage them and put in a gory description of how the pilot took great joy in killing them believing them to be subhuman Iraqi scum.

But then i thought it might put a slightly negative tint on this glorious tribute to our brave warriors fighting for liberty!

Oh what a lovely war!

Jinef- No each contribution is different, you could add yours (even if it comes after the war has been fought and descibes a real event totally unrelated to the original story). I dont think you can make a judgement on the bias of the whole thread (as you are wont to do) as each post in a composite story like that is different.

-----------------

USSoldier11B-

Quote[/b] ]I'm severely lost.

tut tut American SF eh? rock.gif

wink_o.gif

The only thing I can think of is he's talking to IsThatYouJohnWayne, saying anyone who criticises the US military should be locked up.......but I somehow doubt that.

The only thing I can think of is he's talking to IsThatYouJohnWayne, saying anyone who criticises the US military should be locked up.......but I somehow doubt that.

Why should someone be locked up for saying something like that? Democracy gives him the right do say what ever he wants. He can write what he wants as long as it's not against the forum rules. smile_o.gif

$33ker @ June 27 2003,16:17)]Why should someone be locked up for saying something like that? Democracy gives him the right do say what ever he wants. He can write what he wants as long as it's not against the forum rules. smile_o.gif
.......but I somehow doubt that.

$33ker @ June 27 2003,16:17)]Why should someone be locked up for saying something like that? Democracy gives him the right do say what ever he wants. He can write what he wants as long as it's not against the forum rules. smile_o.gif
.......but I somehow doubt that.

Ok but he must be talking to someone. smile_o.gif