Sign in to follow this  
SpecOp9

Americas army: operations

Dang when are these servers going to open! unclesam.gif

If you poke around, you can find a few unofficial servers that seem to work. None of them have worked for me, but you can try crazy_o.gif

I was finaly able to play online!God, it is a heck of a lot better then 1.7!

Also to get the AT4, RPG, and shotgun, open a single player map, and type "playerlock 0"(to free to soldier)

and type:

Quote[/b] ]Summon AGP_inventory.PickupW_M870_shotgun

or

after "PickupW_"

Quote[/b] ]RPG7_rocket

or

Quote[/b] ]AT4_rocket

Oh, and medic training was really boring.But I passed it 100% on every class.Last one was soooo simple.Maybe the classes aren't really needed. crazy_o.gif

But the way it works is, someone calls for a medic, and you see a red tag at the top.So you run over in the direction, and you'll see the stats of the wounded soldier.And all you do is press "e"and hold it.As simple as that.(you have to select the be a medic check box in order to heal people)

Also, did you see the new animations?i.e. the M4.You'll see your charactor pull the buttstock back.

Here's a glitch, drop the M4, and pick it back up, and walla, a M4 with a reflex sight. biggrin_o.gif

I CAN PLAY ONLINE NOW YAH! Their offical beta servers not to be confused with beta testing servers.

$#(*&!!!!!

Can't play on any of the servers, I'm either not authorized or cant download the models.

%@#%!!!

mad_o.gifsad_o.gif

Also to get the AT4, RPG, and shotgun, open a single player map, and type "playerlock 0"(to free to soldier)

and type:

Quote[/b] ]Summon AGP_inventory.PickupW_M870_shotgun

or

after "PickupW_"

Quote[/b] ]RPG7_rocket

or

Quote[/b] ]AT4_rocket

Unrecognized Command

Unrecognized Command

Unrecognized Command

Unrecognized Command

This game ranks high on the "frustrating" list. sad_o.gif

This game sucks. It's like CS with US Army uniforms. OFP mops the floor with this game.

Multiplayer is about as difficult to get a good game out of. mad_o.gif

LOL, and I bet there's an interesting story behind that picture in your sig.

Multiplayer is about as difficult to get a good game out of. mad_o.gif

As soon as they get all the official servers up and running, you wont have that problem.

But I wanna play nooooow wink_o.gif

Do you think the error "Downloading AGP_CharModels not allowed" is a problem on my side or it'll be fixed when the servers get up?

Ooh also, if you've got spare time, go to the medic training and look around for a break room (it's behind the main desk), then turn on the radio. unclesam.gif

Ok, it's mysteriously working now. biggrin_o.gif I dont think the official servers are up yet though.

I think it has to do with the way some people have configed there server.They didn't set it up right.

Also, on the main page, they said that 1.9 will be realesed today at noon! ghostface.gif

But I think its the same version, as the one that was prematurely released.(Or at least I hope so  crazy_o.gif )

Don't worry- the version you have right now is the actual final 1.9 release, but due to a mix up with one of their distributors it was made available too early. Today at noon was when they meant to release it, which means that the servers ought to be ready for play now- I hope.

geez...........combat medic need to attend listening class and take paper test :P crazy_o.gif

Want to have target dummies that shoot at you in single player?

Type in

Quote[/b] ]summon agp_characters.npc_soldier

You have to wait a min. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just type "walk" in your console and they will drop to the ground,

then fire at them, and they activate immediately, no need to wait 2/5 mins.

Ah, I read this in the forum, and that also what you need to do to get the ai activated.

bloody gamespot and all the other places make you register to their bloody websites which is bloody stupid....

gah.

I'm havin fun with it. retty cool. What I don't understand is the teams thing. Your opponent, though actually American military, is seen as OpFor with AK's and other weapons like that. What I dont get is how they can use the AK's with full auto when for real they are actually using M16's on their side.

That, the honour system I dont really get. I've done very active medic duty, and yet I'm still at ten. The hell?

I dunno I bet the nerds are getting high honor smile_o.gif I only got 22, but there is a squad of like 15 or something with only reserves, vets, and act. duty.

I'm havin fun with it. retty cool. What I don't understand is the teams thing. Your opponent, though actually American military, is seen as OpFor with AK's and other weapons like that. What I dont get is how they can use the AK's with full auto when for real they are actually using M16's on their side.

That, the honour system I dont really get. I've done very active medic duty, and yet I'm still at ten. The hell?

Do you get points for healing other´s ? If not you should put the medikit away for a while and shoot some bad guys! Here´s an explanation of the Honor system:

Quote[/b] ]Each time reached Honor will raise 1 Level.

[00-10] 500 Pts.  

[10-20] 1000 Pts.

[20-30] 2500 Pts.

[30-40] 4000 Pts.

[40-50] 6000 Pts.

[50-60] 8500 Pts.

But I don´t understand the thing with OpFor´s FullAutoFire too.....weird stuff.

Now that I see 190 is released I'm downloading this too now biggrin_o.gif

And is it me or is the paradroping just plain cool?

The only time OPFOR fires is when they have an M16- that is, what appears to be an M16 to you, but appears to be an AK47 to the OPFOR. Any other time where it seems like the OPFOR is going full auto, it is just someone twitching while on three round burst.

Now, my personal opinion for the odd way that OPFOR/BLUEFOR are portrayed is this.

The Army is attempting to shed some light on the good guy/bad guy paradigm by placing the player in a seemingly intractable position. No matter what he does, to someone else he is always the bad guy. He may be as Mom, baseball, and apple pie as anyone, but to someone else he is suicide bombings and decadence. He can't win. Rather, he is forced to do his best for his chosen allegiance, despite the knowlrdge that those he kills are no different from himself. So, in its own small way, the Army is attemting to prepare its audience for a world that can simultaneously be black and white, grayscale, and inverted all at once.

That or they weren't willing to see how many players would, given the choice, pick being a bad guy over a good guy. One of the two.

wink_o.gif

Now that I see 190 is released I'm downloading this too now biggrin_o.gif

And is it me or is the paradroping just plain cool?

Yup, paradropping is really cool. But the only map (FLS) where you are inserted as Para was previously deleted from the official servers because of some honorwhoring issues with it. Dunno if the got it fixed yet.