Sign in to follow this  
BronzeEagle

Hows this for a scenario?

"There's a new weapon sweeping the land and noone knows where it came from. They are crab like and take alot of punishment before they go down. They roam over entire countrysides blasting everything in their way. They eliminate entire armies leaving no human life behind. Meanwhile, a F/A18 Hornet went off course on its way back from a mission and landed somewhere in the jungles of the south pacific island Ia Drang. A spec ops brother was the pilot and the spec op expressed his concern. His brother's last transmission was "Mecha". The President of the U.S. has tasked SOCOM with first finding the spec ops brother, then eliminating the enemy presence before its power leads to the destruction of the civilized world."

How's that for a scenario?

wanzer01.jpg

Blimey!

Dont forget the constant threat of a nuclear bomb ticking away and your daughter being on the run from an angry mad man...yes thats right and only Keither Sutherland can save the day!!!

Hehe...its good though

Thats one thing that always baffles me sad_o.gif i can never think of a great scenario

Where are these 'crabs' supposed to of come from? The story sounds a little far fetched to be honest, but if you make it I will play it!

RED

Here. I found out a better way to start it. Check this out:

SOCOM has figured out that missing Nukes are being stockpiled in Ia Drang at a very high price. While noone knows what that price is the world can be sure that SOCOM will be sent in to find out. An F/A18 pilot and member of the skull squadron was shot down doing an observation flyover in Ia Drang. His brother is a spec op who likes to write in his spare time. His unit, D squad, was sent in to be a part of a rescue unit of Army Rangers tasked with combing the island for his brother, the pilot. Little did anyone know that they'd discover a brand new weapon of warfare. (this one is actually the prequel to the first scenario. I changed the brothers from the pilot and the President to the pilot and the spec op.)He writes; "There's a new weapon sweeping the land and noone knows where it came from. They are crab like and look like they can take alot of punishment before they go down. They probably roam over entire countrysides blasting everything in their way. They probably eliminate entire armies leaving no human life behind." The President of the U.S. has tasked SOCOM with three objectives to D Squad: finding any missing in action, eliminating the new enemy presence before its power leads to the destruction of the civilized world, and eliminating any nukes. This is the story of D Squad and their trek through the island of Ia Drang to honor their country, his family, and protect the civilized world.

This is one way you can think up a series of scenarios. What I did was start off small:

setting: the future

enemy: robots + mad genious(used to work for NASA at Area 51), Greedy business owner

good guys: SOCOM

enemy goal: to form their own nation and be the first to colonize space

good guys goal: to protect the civilized world

It may not be what I'll stick with, or use, but I know I'm on the right track. Starting off basic will let you branch out to a whole slew of possibilities. I started off with basically the story of love between family. My ol pal Scott once said to me I should do a story of a brother going in to find his brother so to me this is my calling.

By the way the crabs came from Gigans website.

Thanks for the website, BronzeEagle! smile_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Yeah, I know! What the hell is that? A lightsabre? rock.gif  wow_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

I don't want to give too much away but lets just say that Its going to be interesting. Frankie, you just thought of two. Just take what you thought of and tie it into war. Here's what I've just come up with as far as my story goes.

setting: the future

enemy: robots + Guba private army

good guys: SOCOM

enemy goal: to form their own nation and generally cause trouble

good guys goal: to protect humanity

Guba private army kidnaps a scientist(1),to, forces him to make the wanzer,to, uses wanzer to

strengthen army and sell,also, hides nuclear stockpiles for cash,to, starts buying nuclear weaponry

and build wanzers,to, protect island.

0. Guba private army takes over island Ia Drang, sets up base of operations. Begins stockpiling

nukes for cash.

1. Russian scientist is kidnapped secretly, taken to Trinity. kidnap is reported noone knows

where.

2. Wanzer blueprint is reconstructed by scientist at half capability, wanzer is manufactured on

the island of Trinity and the blueprints stored on a floppy which is hidden in a safe. Safe is

flown to Ia Drang.

3. Wanzer is built on island of Trinity.

From here I kinda get the idea of an engaging story.

I think your story idea would be good without the crabs, but if you are still thinking of keeping them, how about:

Objective 1 - Take out AA + radar site so 2 F15s will take out the crabs.

Objective 2 - Clear the nuke site of hostiles and deactivate them.

RED

Okay I have a timeline for my story. Here it goes:

1. Russian scientist Dimitri Mirov is kidnapped secretly, taken to Trinity. kidnap is reported noone knows

where. 1 year later Wanzer blueprint is reconstructed by scientist at half capability, blueprints

stored on a floppy which is hidden in a safe.

2. 3 months later. Wanzer completed. Guba private army begins stockpiling nukes for countries for cash in Ia Drang. Uses the

harbors for importing nukes. Safe is flown to Ia Drang. (Angelina Uses some money to pay off

natives to protect the nukes, some to fund army, some to build Wanzers.) Natives become armed as

payoff and ordered to destroy anyone who comes close to camps. Flyovers by U.S. forces become more

frequent, a resistance is prepared by Guba's private army to conquer the island entirely.

3. Air cavalry recon blackhawk spots nuke stockpiles informs. They tell base but transmission begins to be interrupted as fighting is heard in background. Last

transmission heard from Communications officer C. Piestewa was "send help.". Plei Me SF

BASE finds out about nukes and issues a bombing by F15's, unsuccessful.

President orders war.

4. Within a week all contact lost with the Special Forces base on Ia Drang and later the air

bases. President tasks ARMY, NAVY, AND MARINES under direction of SOCOM to Ia Drang eliminating

the nukes and finding M.I.A.'s.

5. 5 days later NAVY AND MARINES arrive off coast of Ia Drang in preparation for beach landing.

Rangers in planning phase for combing the island for M.I.A.'s. while onboard C-130. Beach landing operation will have marines take back Plei Me and push north and west while Army Rangers arrive to hold the base. (four players, one squad each needs sucheys marines.)

My brother asked me to make a story about North Korea reactivating their nuclear facilities so.... I'm making the story. The whole Wanzer idea is off. I'm going to try to get ahold of the code blue guys to see if I can get them to make those code blue marines with forest helmets and boots. You'll have to download the code blue soldiers to see what I mean. marine_02.jpg

Okay here goes a new one. It involves a beacon finder script, it also involves a moving hostage script and a few other proximity scripts. Everything else can be done simply using the basics of the editor.

The mission goes like you follow a beacon to the crash site of the plane. You have a team and a

pilot and you even have to choose your own gear from a crate. You follow the beacon and come upon

the crash site and see a bunch of rebels at the site. Once they see you they fire at you but the

radio man doesn't. He isn't armed. You can kill them all but have the option to take the radioman

prisoner. On one of the dead carcasses you see an army document lying on the ground. The documents have instructions for

who to contact in case of a crash and the code to the floppy and that the floppy disk onboard contains the locations. You realize that too. You check the safe from the plane and its empty. You then get a

radio call on the radio soldier you took hostage, just after the firefight, to report back but first thanking him for

the service and that the disk should be there in no time. He tells them that everyone is okay if

you let him live. If you don't, he doesn't report and then the leader secretly calls in an su-25 bomber

airstrike. You know that they have taken prisoner the crew and are on their way back to their base

wherever they are. You then have to decide what to do. Once their convoy arrives at their camp

theres a certain amount of time before they fly out and head to your camp to retaliate. You have to get

the hostage, destroy the choppers and take the floppy to complete objectives. Once you do all that you head home

with the hostage and you're mission complete.

Hey I am doing the north korea mission where they go in and look at whats at the nuclear facility, its going to happen. Everything is going well.