Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

The s.j.b. handgun project

SWEET! thx for the link, colt has an excellent site.

looks to be a .44 magnum biggrin_o.gif

ya gotta put a .357 mag in one of the packs too

ya gotta put a .357 mag in one of the packs too

I'll think about it for Pack Three, but I doubt it'll make it in time for Pack Two.

Nice...I didn't imagine Glocks were made in chrome version, seeing as they're made from plastic composite materials smile_o.gif

Ah I see, thanks smile_o.gif

TBH I've never been too keen on Glocks.Just their shape I suppose.

Any chance of a msall, pistol grip shotgun usable as a handgun, like a double-barrel sawed off or an Ithaca Stakeout?

ithaca.jpg

can you do that?

wouldnt it be held like a pistol? strange! 2 hands near on the grip, but no hand further down, no hand on the pump

I own a Glock 34 and I can tell you that original Glocks don't have hard crome or stainless steel slides.

That one on the picture is Aro-Tek Ltd. custom made Glock. That version must be crap, considering that original Glock's slide and other metal parts are finished with a unique surface treatment called Tenifer that makes those parts virtually as hard as a diamond. Not to mention that Tenifer is even more corrosion resistant than stainless steel.

No chance of a shotgun I'm affraid, at least not in the Packs Two or Three.

And when I say chrome, the glock isn't really chrome, more of a silver finish.

EDIT: I do have several shotguns planned for the SRT Pack, but I said I'd not go into that on this post.

training_small.jpg  Practice_small.jpg

And to be honest, if they can have blue and red finishes for training/practise models respectively (picture) I think they can have a silver finish (even if its not "realistic" its still plausable).

unclesam.gif

Yea, but these two have painted frames, which are made out of a synthetic. Metal components (slide, barrel, ect.) cannot be painted, they need to be finished with different surface treatment to achieve matte/gloss/silver look. And as I said before, nothing beats Tenifer.

Does it really matter?

Anyway, I've completed several new Colt 1911 variations (6 to be exact) and will shortly upload a few screenshots for you all to check out.

I've also added another Desert Eagle variation, which I just have to test ingame (screenshots of this are a few days away).

EDIT: Here are the images of some of the new Colt variations. Check them out in the 'Colt' sub-folder of THIS LINK.

oh man, those looks sweet!

any chance one of the new 6 colts will be a chrome 1911?

If you could make the dispersion wider on these pistols than B.I. has set for theirs (as you can practically snipe people at 300 yards with most of theirs), making it wide enough that it is rather difficult to hit a man-sized target past 200 meters.

Because of the short sight rails on pistols, their base accuracy is crap compared to assault rifles, with their long sight rails. Add to that the fact that muzzle flip is much more pronounced on a pistol than on a rifle (if you were to actually measure the # of degrees the muzzle flipped).

Of course, if you are sitting and firing it braced from your knee, there are some long-barreled, large-calibered pistols than can reach out to a goodly distance, especially if they have a scope on 'em.

No sitting firing position in OFP, though. Prone position isn't braced enough for some of those monstrously large-bore pistols.

And if anyone says anything contrary to this, they don't know what they're talking about.

Pistols should be close range and back-up weapons, not a good substitute for an assault rifle if you just aim for a second or two.

Pistols should have their weapon sight views unzoomed so that there is more peripheral vision, if possible.

Also, will an extended mag (33-round?) be possible for the Glock 18?

One step ahead of you, work began on one today smile_o.gif

All I need to do now is figure out ModelSpecial so if you load a 33 round mag into a "normal" glock 18, it changes to the 33 round magazine glock model.

Any tips on this? I've never really used ModelSpecial...

unclesam.gif

is this kind of like the G36 that uses C-mags in the lost brothers HK pack. THis gun can use either regular mags or C-mags- they also have a machine gun that can use belts of bullets, clips cmags and boxes i think. the model changes when you change the clip. maybe u could ask vipersheart how its done biggrin_o.gif

Yeah, I'll check the config.cpp and ask around if I get confused. Thanks for that biggrin_o.gif

unclesam.gif

After reviewing the feedback from Pack One, I realised I hadn't fixed the positioning of the handguns, in relation to the hands of the holder. This has now been fixed, and the guns now actually look as if they are being held, not like before where they 'clipped' through the holder's fingers.

I also fixed the problem of the gold colt looking as if it had a hole in the bottom (as if there was no magazine in it).

BTW i know this is a bit late and im not sure if somoen else has nmentione dthis, but is the slide on the USP supposed to go back? cos it doesnt. I saw a trailer for "Bad Boys 2" and in it WIll smith had dual USPs, and there was a part where you could definitely see the slide coming back after shooting.

just letting you know. biggrin_o.gif

the_unknown_one

P>S> i can understand Uzihayu's thinkng, but i reallly dont want this.you could have a vote if you want, but if you did this it would be way too hard.i cant hit anything with the colt anyway. But if he means the tiny recoil on the pistols from BI, then yes. do what he says.

WOW great work on the colt tactical!

Looking forward to some target practise with it wink_o.gif

P>S> i can understand Uzihayu's thinkng, but i reallly dont want this.you could have a vote if you want, but if you did this it would be way too hard.i cant hit anything with the colt anyway. But if he means the tiny recoil on the pistols from BI, then yes. do what he says.

Oh, well if the SJB pistols ALREADY have recoil that prevents hits beyond 200 meters, then you don't need the dispersion, but usually the recoil modelling doesn't prevent these kind of hits.

Pistols are pretty much for use in urban situations and dense brush (like in "We Were Soldiers", where the Sgt. Major was using his Colt .45 at point blank range because the brush prevented the enemy from being revealed until they were almost right on top of him) and trench warfare.

If you need to engage targets past 200 meters with a pistol, you really should just way for the enemy to get closer, or the mission designer should give you something with more range.

I understand where you might be coming from, though. In Rainbow Six and Rogue Spear (and even Raven Shield, I think) the pistols are quite accurate, and because in-game weapon recoil recovery time is based on the length of the weapon, with shorter weapons recovering faster, the pistols wind up being pretty darn deadly.

Most weapons mods duplicated this, but the Nato 3 (or was it 4?) mod for Rogue Spear opted for a very wide reticule expansion to counter the quick recovery time and accurately model the wide muzzle flip on pistols. It rocked! You could fire off lots of rounds quickly, but the aiming reticule arms wouldn't be fully recovered, yet, if you did. This meant that you had to be in realistic pistol ranges to pull this off. However, traditionalists didn't like it.

Keep in mind that if you put significant dispersion on the weapon and then put it in the hands of tangos, they will also miss more frequently.

Yes, all weapons feature what I consider "accurate" recoil. However never having fired any of the weapons featured, means I based them on what I thought 'felt' right.

Yes, the slide on the USP was supposed to go back, I rushed the USP for release and thats why it features a few bugs (e.g. the non 'animated' slide) all of which will be fixed for v1.5

...make a DE with a small scope as well...

Well, I have good news for you. I've just completed the model, and testing of it will begin tomorrow.

I'll post a picture of it tomorrow, right now I'm off for some much needed rest.

unclesam.gif

EDIT: I figured I wouldn't get any rest until I uploaded it, so here is the scoped Desert Eagle.

The scope is taken from a model by SixShooter

unclesam.gif

man this looks to be the best series of handgun addons ever created.....thanks for takin some suggestions and input for the new pack biggrin_o.gif with my ideas, and your skills, we are unstoppable!!!!!

edit.....this also looks to be the first kind of pistol (DE) that has any type of optics on it, that I know of

edit again : sixshooter, heard that name before....he did work with Tactical Ops, one of my favorite online games (NICE GUNS) and counter stike

And my ideas sad_o.gif

I must sound really bitchy, and i bet you hate it when i post cos u know im gonna say spmething bad about your addons, but i really love them, and when i say things i just want to help you make the best possible addon there is. i think.

neways, its the textures o the scope. I just hope they will be JPG in release, and also that you dont ban me from using your addons just cos im uber picky.

the_unknown_one