Sign in to follow this  
PFC_Mike

Ofp 1.91 and directx9 trouble

Hey all, just wondering if my DX9 installation f-ed my OFP:R? It can't load, and the addons folder is empty.

Installing DX9 shouldn't have done anything to the Addons folder -- something else must be responsible for that. If crucial files are missing (such as the World files), I suppose that you could wind up with just a plain green screen and no actual graphics.

OFP V1.91 will work quite nicely with DX9, I'm running it myself.

Without more information I am afraid you will not get any usefull help:

Do you get any error messages? Is any error message recorded in your Flashpoint.rpt file? Any more details about your system configuration?

I've been experimenting with moving addons around. It seems that the problem is being caused by CAT_SHIT_ONE's Afghan map, which isn't your fault/problem.

Thank you.

...this is becoming a real problem, I'm getting a plain green screen on start up with different addons installed and I dont have Cat's Afgan Island installed. First I thought it was Delta/Ranger addons because it would start up correctly when I removed them but now its happening with TJP-UH60, and Vit's new F15, and the same problem with the HiSky addon .If I remove these addons everything goes back to normal. CoC mines are ok and BAS littlebirds are ok Sebnampack 2 is ok. I havent tried any others yet because this is a new install of ofp191 sence I replaced my Hard Drive. I will say this though sence I replaced my HD I upgraded to  a new GF5600 256mb from a GF Ti4200 64mb. I never had these problems before my hardware upgrades.

Heres the order that I used to install ofp...OFP CW CD, then RES. CD and the 191 patch. then I installed editor upgrade102. I cant remember if I was running DX8 or 9 before my HW upgrade though...........I'm just stumped now.

Heres my Specs now

XP pro

DX 9

ofp1.91 w/kegetys editorupgrade102

Gigabyte DDR333+ mother board

w/Intel P4 1.6ghz cpu

512RAM

WD 80G HD

GF FX5600 AGP 256mb Driver 4.3.5.1

Audigy mp3 w/5.1

17' ViewSonic running at 60hz

sad_o.gif

I get similar things on startup with my Radeon 9500, alt+tab and back and it's all fixed smile_o.gif

Yup..I tried Alt/Tab too but no cigar...I can even hear the game running in the back ground and the mouse pointer passing over the links on screen.  Any other ideas anyone?

Just want to clarify something, alt+tab takes you completely to the desktop, you then click Opf in the toolbar and it's still messed up?

Yes..and reinstalled the game 3 different times but still have the same problem.

I just removed it again untill I can figure our whats going on.