Sign in to follow this  

Maus (ww2 german heavy tank)

maus.jpg

At robot.gif

ehm.. i forget : this is under costruction (obviously..)

Hey, ASW,

Just wanted to say that I LOVE that grenade pack. I incorporate GebLad, PFW & Molotov into every ammocrate now. Thanks for the work putting those together.

How many were these monsters created and how many of these actually see battle, i bet not many.

I've seen a model of this tank once. The thing is HUGE. It uses a 75mm canon as a secondary weapon! (I don't know the caliber of the main gun)

Two of these have been reported seen in action against the russians at the end of the war.

Replies :

Agua ) We have under costruction the Russian Grenades pack smile.gif

Goeth[kyllikki] ) 2 + others under costruction..

speed : only 8 km/h (road !! )

weapons : 1-128mm and 1-75mm plus 1-20mm Flak (only for test)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ 05 May 2003,23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've seen a model of this tank once. The thing is HUGE. It uses a 75mm canon as a secondary weapon! (I don't know the caliber of the main gun)

Two of these have been reported seen in action against the russians at the end of the war.<span id='postcolor'>

yes i know.. near Berlin i think.. wink.gif

What about makeing the german tank that never got built?

"Most Maus prototypes were blown up in the last weeks of the war as the Russians closed in on Meppen, although guns, turrets and hulls were found by Allied Intelligence officers abandoned and partially destoyed..... bla bla bla ...  Design studies found at Krupp showed a version of the Maus carrying a 305mm breech-loading mortar, named 'Bear', and a giant 1500-ton vehicle with a 800mm gun as main armament and two 150mm guns in auxiliary turrets on the rear quarters. This vehicle put forward by two engineers named Grote and Hacker was planned to be powered by four U-boat diesel engines."

Make the 1500-ton tank biggrin.gif Wuld be cool driving it 2 mph, around nogova...

Actually there is some dispute as to the Maus prototypes seeing combat <there were two combat ready that were apparently destroyed by their crews when the fuel ran out>

The Russians apparently built as Maus out of the parts they found at the factory, it's now in the armor museum at Kubinki.

The thing SkyQuake is talking about was the E1100, never got past early concept stage.

The ones that are interesting are the other E series

E100 140tons 1.5cm gun <btw the maus used this as main gun>

E75 65 ton replacement for Tiger II

and going all the way down to the E5 5 ton light tank.

Of these the E100 prototype was 60% complete when the factory was captured by the British in '45

and looked to have been a superior design

(The Maus was more of a concept car design, the order to build and outfit them for actual combat came as a shock to the design team)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">E100 140tons 1.5cm gun <btw the maus used this as main gun><span id='postcolor'>

Well, really no. Maus B (second prototype) used turret with 128 cm KwK 44 L/55, 7,5 cm KwK L/36 and 7,92 mm MG34 machine gun. First prototype never had his turret, only 55-tons weight. In 1945 both the heaviest German tanks were in Kummersdorf. Very probably Maus never seen battle. Armed prototype no 2 (type 205/2, Maus B, whatever) was blown up, with it`s hull damaged and turret almost intact. From Maus B turret and Maus A hull Russian made their Kubinka`s main attraction. Americans found 6 uncompleted hulls and turrets in Meppen and 2 hulls and 3 turrets in Essen.

Max speed of 188-tons Maus B: 20 km/h on road and 13 km/h through field.

At.St_Walker, model looks nice. Please continue your work. I think you will have problems with textures to this beast. Maus A was first painted darkgrey Panzer Grau (RAL 7027), later standart Wehrmacht Olive. Maus B had tree colours paint pattern.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Przezdzieblo @ 07 May 2003,19:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">E100 140tons 1.5cm gun <btw the maus used this as main gun><span id='postcolor'>

At.St_Walker, model looks nice. Please continue your work. I think you will have problems with textures to this beast. Maus A was first painted darkgrey Panzer Grau (RAL 7027), later standart Wehrmacht Olive. Maus B had tree colours paint pattern.<span id='postcolor'>

Tnx all smile.gif

maus4.jpg

This is B textured version . We add S-Mine mortar smile.gif

Maus specs called for 1.5Cm, not what it had in field.

Soviet documents say Maus engaged 134th Tank Rgt of 8th Guards East of Kummersdorf, this has never been confirmed although there is a group of 6 photos that show a battle damaged Maus with Soviet Soldiers around it, the turret reportedly was used in the Kubinki reconstruction,

and,

for the Record, Meppen was in the Free French zone, no American forces ever saw Meppen until 1947.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pzvg @ 08 May 2003,05:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Soviet documents say Maus engaged 134th Tank Rgt of 8th Guards East of Kummersdorf, this has never been confirmed although there is a group of 6 photos that show a battle damaged Maus with Soviet Soldiers around it, the turret reportedly was used in the Kubinki reconstruction<span id='postcolor'>

Interesting, are there any link related to this?

Only source I have is a friend in the armor museum at Aberdeen, the documents he showed me <in '88> were copies of documents dated from 1946, the soviet description of the battle was 2 pages out of 30 most of the document pertained not to combat but examining German Armor plate, the battle was one of 4 references <the other 3 involving a TigerII, a Hetzer,a an unidentified "enemy armored unit" which apparently stood up to 3 IsII's long enough for them to exhaust their ammo, then it left the field>

Dear freind good work with this tank I like the early textures you are using for it smile.gif keep it up and contact me for the soldiers for the bf 45 Mod ok ? Send me pics ok

P.s.

I am waiting news about the gijoe veichles and you gijoe fans out there the Mod is still in development smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FOLGORE @ 08 May 2003,17:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Dear freind good work with this tank I like the early textures you are using for it smile.gif keep it up and contact me for the soldiers for the bf 45 Mod ok ? Send me pics ok

P.s.

I am waiting news about the gijoe veichles and you gijoe fans out there the Mod is still in development smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Tnx Folgore.. i post you very soon  smile.gif

Are there any real pics that u can show us?? Cuz I'm really curious about this tank.

maus-3.jpg

maus2.jpg

maus4.jpg

pzvg, now I see we have different sources of informations about German super heavy tanks. I found Mauses tanks specifications in three published texts, all in Polish. One is Maus` monography, second is about German II WW tanks at all, and one is article in magazine. In all of those sources Mauses had to have 12,8 cm and 7,5 cm coaxed. E100 was designed with modified, similar turret with 150 mm (there were also plans for 170 mm!wink.gif main gun. And there is said no Maus saw battle (there were some orders to use it in fight, but were cancelled).

If we think about the same fotos I saw 2 of them. Maus has destroyed hull on rigt side, it`s turret lies on this side with guns in dust. There are no easy to see projectiles hit damages.

At.St_Walker, make it darker...

the red army reached the testing ground for this tank. A version with the turrent was destroyed by the germand and a version with only a mock turrent was captured by the russians after it got stuck in mud.

(I'm not 100% shure about the facts)

@prz, no not that set of photos,

@reed, LOL the problem is, there is very little hard information

on the last days of the war, most of what we know right now is from dredging through the massive Soviet archives, which until recently, were classified.

It will take years to find all the info, and even then it will not be complete.

<not to mention national "spin" doctoring>

Prz if they weren't using them in battle, why were they at Kummersdorf? <look at a map, find Meppen, then Kummersdorf, as a former tanker I find commiting to battle to be only viable reason for them to be there>

pzvg, why in Kummersdorf? Becouse there were running test of Mauses. In Meppen were not finished hulls and turrets, in Kummersdorf testing area of two builded prototypes. More, Maus was not the first German tank tested in Kummersdorf.

The point being prz, that WHEN they sent them to Kummersdorf, the Red Army was only 10 miles away,

I don't know how y'all do it, but we generally don't send experimental sh!t to what's going to be the frontlines, unless we want to combat test it.

And The Sovs do say the things fired on them, I find it most strange that no one has ever heard from the Maus crews.

maus2.jpg

Alpha test !!  smile.gif

maus5.jpg

maus6.jpg

:mrgreen: