Sign in to follow this  
horrido

If the game is truly about viet-nam

If the game is truly about Viet-Nam, as the picture on the web site suggest, we would need to be able to play Viet-Cong too. And most of all, we would need realistcs VC, not the cartoonish hollywood ones shown in so many movies and games (the kind with the black "pyjamas" and a beard "a la Uncle Ho" and the pointed hats) VCs are always depicted in a ridiculous way in movies and games. OFP2 VC should be portrayed as they were (who wants too walk in the jungle with black clothes easily spotted? They were in civilian clothing, and didn't always wear black trousers and shirts)

VC should wear some sort of camo to conceal themselves.

At the Cu-Chi tunnels 70 km NW of saigon, they're showing for tourists the typical dressing of the local Viet-Cong Guerillas, and they're not looking like anything shown n the american movies. Unfortunately, I don't have a picture to show, but I remember the use of bush hats, a camouflaged piece of cloth on the shoulders, and the typical use of black and white checkers scarfs that looked like the cambodian designs.

-Horrido

Also they were much better shots than the Americans, who would just spray and pray while they got picked off from the shadows, i can see this is going to be a hard arena to simulate in OFP style.

Sure you don''t wan to do some police action on a group of unknown islands somewhere? Or is this going to be a modified vietnam, where we fight against China in the desert?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ April 26 2003,00:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sure you don''t wan to do some police action on a group of unknown islands somewhere? Or is this going to be a modified vietnam, where we fight against China in the desert?<span id='postcolor'>

where did you get this idea?

China - desert, never seen the mix, cause they camo quite good together( not my remark, a chineese friend of mine joke about this all the time )

China actually has a diverse climate, from coldness of Manchuria to heat and humidity near Southernpart. Western part also has some deserts too.

is this OPF2 really a NAM campaign like everyone is saying? The NAM2 addon pack satisfies my need to kill VC.   mad.gif

But the VC are cartoonish in SebNamPack... Just the kind of thing I'd hate too see in OFP2.

And it doesn't satisfy my need to fight for the VC either.  wink.gif

Doc lap Viet-Nam !

-Horrido

I've been to Vietnam. The tunnels are really horrible places, but then im taller than ur average Vietnamise person. They had exits everywhere and could just popup and take you out then dissappear again. The only ppl that wore the hats (of which i have one) were the ppl working the paddy fields. No one uses them in the jungles for obvious reasons.

The VC are better than the USA, and i think in another war, the VC would still kick ass!

Epita

thats coz the kicked there ass in Vietnam lol (no offence intended)

is the NAM thing rumor or fact? the NAM thing would not interest me. I may change my mind if I see some screen shots.

smile.gif

Well the whole idea of twisting the history to create a small and diverse conflict instead of exactly recreating history is what BIS did for CWC, so are we going to see a slight variation of the conflict in the Vietnam era.

If this whole nam thing is true, how much are they gonna donate from each sale to the pow-mia fund? Not only would it help the campaign to bring em back it is also good publicity.

Well if this a Vietnam version (only better, hopefully) then I'd like to see some different options on booby-traps.

Instead of just having satchel charges and mines available, how about tiger pits? Punji stakes? Trip wires? Bouncing Betty's?

Of course, these would be nice in whatever version BIS comes up with.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RUSH_2112 @ 26 April 2003,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is the NAM thing rumor or fact? the NAM thing would not interest me. I may change my mind if I see some screen shots.

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

it's only some rumors, I don't see why everyone try to guess when they might be all wrong.....I don't see lot's of possibilities with a NAM scenario....I want some new stuff and not old stuff...if possible

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The VC are better than the USA, and i think in another war, the VC would still kick ass!

<span id='postcolor'>

And that's what they did, when China invaded the north Viet-Nam in the 80's.

-Horrido