Sign in to follow this  
TaNK_Em

Animations

how about an animation for the M60's, PK's etc... like when you go prone the wee "legs" flip out to rest your gun on for more accurate shots...?

I'd like some more death animations. It looks somewhat weird(like in a cutscene showing people being executed) when there's ten people lying dead in a row, and they're all posed, I guess you could say, the same way.

i don't think you should be able to jump. for one, in a real life situation, it doesnt seem like there are many oppurtunities to do any jumping. when you need to get somewhere higher, you either climb, or find another way or something. adding jumping (even with a penalty system) usually only makes multiplayer games jump-fests. also, with a full equipment load i can imagine it would be quite difficult to do any kind of significant jump.

of course climbing would be a-okay.

Quote[/b] ]Something basic I'd like to see is soldier turning animations when using the mouse. As it is now you hit either the default X or C, or Del/End keys and you see a "real" turning animation. When you turn with the mouse, your soldier "spins".

I have a great idea about this: When you move your mouse in the central area of the screen, the soldier rotates his weapon, but when you move the mouse close to an edge, there comes a turning animation, and you can't fire. The closer to the edge the mouse is, the faster you turn.

Don´t know if someone posted this allready, but

how about BIS ditching the motion capture tools and doing the animations themselves, perhaps most of you played Splinter cell? Well i think it had pretty good animations, and they were done by hand. But of course you can make great animations with motion capture too, if it´s in the right hands i guess.  rock.gif

Yeah, Splinter Cell was fricken amazing, all those life-like actions. wow_o.gif

Yep OFP2 really needs better animations!!! Oh and maybe an official animation program that is (hopefully) easier then the current one we have now.