Sign in to follow this  
pong2cs

Game "pauses" after 1 shot.

As I posted in the BAS addons thread about the new MH47 (which was a numbnut place to post):</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On a side note, would anyone know why my game pauses 10-20 seconds in every gunfight the instant the first bullet is fired? Say if 10 people come at me, the instant a bullet is fired, game pauses, then it resumes and the gunfight is carried out in a normal fasion, 1-2 minutes later, another group, another pause... <span id='postcolor'>

Could this be because I have too many addons in my folders? I'm not sure because lately I just deleted a sh*tload (pardon my French) of them, mostly things I found pitiful and so on.

Or is there another reason?

Interesting...I've just spent the last few hours trying to find out whats causing the same problem??...i had thought it was maybe the fact i loaded 5 addons at the same time...the new mh47...the new yak 141...the updated king tiger and rocket launcher and the startrooper dropship...i deleted all the addons and still get the same problem...also, i hear a "Swooshing" sound in back ground that loops.maybe we should spread this to another thread to get more feedback??...im willing to bet its the sounds in the mh-47 that may be the culprit on our systems...hopeing im wrong though

I had the same problem until i uninstalled that mad.gifmad.gif dropship mad.gifmad.gif

Well thanks rouge1 but i think its already to late for me because i destroyed my N-videa G force 4 card because i thaugd it was that thing so i pulled it out and trowed it on the ground but i can be happy and the store gives me tomorow a new one so thank god but i gonna del that stupid drop ship never liked it any way tounge.gif

It is actually the crater addon that came with the dropship that was messed up.

Dont thank me, thank SkyQuake.

I was about to do a complete reinstall of my system smile.gif

Praise you AND SkyQuake!

He's from WKK, right? Long time since I last played with those fellas...

Would you have joined recently (within a year or 2)? Because I don't recall having seen you on their roster...

Yeah i joined a couple of months ago, cant remember exactly when confused.gif

i had the problem when i tried the starship dropship too . I deleted it and im still having the problem and i tried reinstalling flashpoint but i cant find the 1985 cd key! I can only find my resistance cd key! Any help is appreciated

*whew* Thank God I search the forums and found this thread!  OR I would have done the same thing as waffendennis did and lay a beating to my Geforce4 card.

I had the same problem, my game would pause/freeze for like 5-10 secs after an explosion!  For the life of me I couldn't figure out what the problem was!  I was going crazy!  I thought it was my Nvidia drivers, so I updated them to the latest ones, but that didn't do it.  So I kept installing older drivers, and was going crazy because nothing worked!

Thank you SkyQuake and others that figured it out it was the crater.pbo addon that comes with the dropship addon smile.gif