Sign in to follow this  
Cpt. FrostBite

M1a2 tank

Can someone please make the M1A2 MBT.

A new model and high-quality textures, please.

The M2 and M240 on top of the turret.(not present at the picture below)

There are very nice tanks around, but no new M1's

m1a2-001.jpg

see also (M1A1, but nice for details like the MG's);

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m1a1-980127-M-4124M-001.jpg

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m1a1-980120-A-0000K-002.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 28 2003,12:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can someone please make the M1A2 MBT.

A new model and high-quality textures, please.

The M2 and M240 on top of the turret.(not present at the picture below)

There are very nice tanks around, but no new M1's

m1a2-001.jpg

see also (M1A1, but nice for details like the MG's);

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m1a1-980127-M-4124M-001.jpg

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/land/m1a1-980120-A-0000K-002.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif The title of this post is "M1A3 tank"...

What is it you want? There are different versions of the M1 in SIGs tank pack, or at least different armament versions.

Since the OFP engine doesn´t support a loader(just as well, really) like the real M1 has, maybe someone could make 1 cargo position besides the 3 crew members? The M1 would then have 3 crew + 1 crew in cargo as default.

When you´re the gunner or commander(can´t remember which) in the BIS M1A1 and look to your left, you can see an empty space and a shell rack. Just put a guy in cargo there smile.gif

And a M2 on the roof would be nice. smile.gif

hehe, woops, Sorry about the the M1A3 title. I tried to change it, but I didn't know how (I didn't had a lot of time to find out). Someone allready changed it (THANKS).

On SIG M1's. Yes, these are a good start. But (as mentioned by PFC_Mike) I requested a new model.

With everything on it; M2 and the M240 on top of the tank (not for firing them, but just to make the tank look realistic). The round "camera" on the turret (don't know it's name). Storage racks (loaded with bags). The new Friend Or Foe device;

check out this;(it's a UK challenger)

http://www4.aixgaming.com/opend....elic135

on the side of the turret you can see the new Friend or Foe device. It's the square thing with the panels (looks near white in this picture). If you watched CNN lately, you've seen these hanging from all coalition tanks/armoured vehicles. They hang from all sides of the tank.

These are just a few things that will would make the tank look great. And (ofcourse) some new sounds and textures (MARFY-like textures).

to Gollum1;

allthough I like the idea, I think it won't work;

You can't have a groep of four tank anymore.

If this can be solved the idea could work.

to all;

I would also like to see a gun with recoil on the tank. DKM worked on this some time ago. They managed to get it working on their russian field gun (I'm not sure if they ever released that version).

Hmmm...why was a Challenger 2 destroyed by another Challenger 2 then if they have this IFF device? Tchss... confused.gifmad.gif

Cant see through sand, only thing that can see through sand i'm told is thermal vision, the Challanger2 has this but its still hard to tell what type of tank it is through the sand.

well , things that BIS already made and then remade by an addonmaker weren't really popular .

So i think no-1 is gonna make an M1A2 confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 28 2003,20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmm...why was a Challenger 2 destroyed by another Challenger 2 then if they have this IFF device? Tchss... confused.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Since when was it destroyed? It was attacked but i havent heard of it being destroyed...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well , things that BIS already made and then remade by an addonmaker weren't really popular .

So i think no-1 is gonna make an M1A2 <span id='postcolor'>

If they're quality they're popular. For example Sigma's T-72s are used a lot.

I haven't heard of a challenger being attacked.

But on the Friend or Foe device;

It's main goal is to let fighter jets see whether it is a friend or foe. (this was the BFP (Big F*cking Problem) during GW1). Tanks identify their targets visually. And there is something called a free fire zone (he, look a tank. It's not supposed to be there; BLAST IT...BOOM.....DAMN, it was one of ours. Only 199 tanks left to pave the road)

to 2stoned2kil;

I don't mean just a re-skin; I meant a serious make-over of the M1. If high-quality it will be popular. Compare it to BAS' Nightstalkers Chinook; it's basicly an upgraded MH-47, but it's great because it's high quality and very different from the original. A new M1 would be great in a battle against SIG's tanks. (the cpp from the SIG m1's can be used, since this is the most realistic).

It's really strange; We have a lot of great tanks made/ under construction (like SIG russian tanks, UKforces Challenger, Gulf war crises challenger), but no new M1.

I've already made an M1A2.

I'm just waiting for Marfy to allow me his textures. . . otherwise, I'm going to have to make my own textures for it, which will look good, it'll just take longer.

I have it ingame and running. . .

So far I've made:

M1

M1A1

M1A2

Take my word for it, Sigma's upcomig M1 pack will be one of the most widely used packs ever, wait till u c the screenies wink.gif

Yeah, new crew is a must. Seriously, between Sigma's great soviet tanks and the M1'a, we'd have all we needed for OFP Gulf War 2. Except maybe infantry and Bradleys, but still...

Maac+Marfy textures are very nice but I don't know how well they would fit a new, totally realistic model.

I think Maac & Marfy's textures are outstanding. I seriously get goosebumps when I see that tank in game. Very realistic looking. All it needs is some machine guns on top.

to Sigma-6

Can you post a screenshot of the model. I'm REALLY interested. Will it have the MG's on top of the turret??

to all (and Sigma-6);

A new crew would be nice. It could be based on the BAS ranger/delta model. Let me explain this; Both the rangers and the (modern) tank crew wear the interceptor body armor (on BAS' model this is visible on the model, it's not just a texture). The ammo-pouches should be removed and the helmet changed to the tank-crew helmet (don't know it's name). The helmet used on the BIS model isen't very detailed. The comm system should be modeled (like BAS SOAR crew). If you do it this way, you will also have the moveble goggles from BAS. A nice little extra. You could also change the BIS model, but the BAS model gives you a nice start and nice features.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Mar. 28 2003,21:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ Mar. 28 2003,20:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmm...why was a Challenger 2 destroyed by another Challenger 2 then if they have this IFF device? Tchss... confused.gif  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Since when was it destroyed? It was attacked but i havent heard of it being destroyed...<span id='postcolor'>

Damaged, destroyed....2 British soldiers died.. sad.gifmad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cpt. FrostBite @ Mar. 28 2003,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">to Gollum1;

allthough I like the idea, I think it won't work;

You can't have a groep of four tank anymore.

If this can be solved the idea could work.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmm, I didn´t take that into consideration. Maybe the 4th crew member could be in a group of his own, if that´s possible?

And Sigma-6, are you making new BMP´s and finishing the t72s and t80s besides making the M1´s? You seem like a pretty busy guy smile.gif

Don't worry about Sig, it keeps him off the street.

Making it an other group could work. (by using a second group and the 'MoveInCargo' in unit init field)

One other thing that can be done is placing a 'dummy' in the tank model (fixed).

I wonder if the reload sound can be changed. For example; On the end a voice should shout something like 'Ready' , 'Loaded' or whatever they shout when the gun is ready to fire. This might also be possibe by scripting; letting the gunner say this over the radio (that way you don't allways have the same voice)I'm not sure if this is possible (i don't know is a voice saying "ready" is in the game). But the major drawback by radio is that when you order to target something, you have to wait until all other radioshatter is over before the order is carried out.

The current engine sounds by SIG can remain the same. (a little loud, but it makes you feel like your driving a TANK! not a mini-cooper with a turret). Together with a new 'load' sound this makes you feel like your really in a tank. In a battle if will create a very loud and possibly confusing situation (with all that talking); just like the real thing!!

They shout: "up!" when the round is in the breech and loaded.