Sign in to follow this  
dayglow

You will respect my authorite

I'm just in a giddy mood. After a years effort I just got the phone call telling me that I will start being a police officer smile.gif It just feels good to reach a goal that I have been striving for for the last few years. Damn I'm in a good mood.

COLINMAN

So is this like Calgary City Police?

If so, are you going to enjoy arresting drunk cowboys? biggrin.gif

Congrats! A pretty thankless job, good to see someone (who at least seems) sensible going into it.

When do you start training?

Congrats!

You're not going to be a meter maid are you? wink.gif

Yep, here in Calgary. I'll still be in Depot during the Stampede, so I miss out on the fun this year smile.gif

My class starts on April 28, so a few weeks left at my serving job. Since waiting tables anything will be better than that. Operation slack-off is about ot commense. "what you're going to fire me?" lol I garantee my last night will be a shitshow. I'd hate to be my customers that night.

COLINMAN

You will have my respect when you can spell Authority, lol.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So is this like Calgary City Police?

If so, are you going to enjoy arresting drunk cowboys? <span id='postcolor'>

Weird to see my city on this board... If it is Calgary, I heard a rumor that the average time on the job of our force at the moment is ony 18 -20 months. Scary stuff.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Mar. 19 2003,05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yep, here in Calgary. I'll still be in Depot during the Stampede, so I miss out on the fun this year smile.gif

My class starts on April 28, so a few weeks left at my serving job. Since waiting tables anything will be better than that. Operation slack-off is about ot commense. "what you're going to fire me?" lol I garantee my last night will be a shitshow. I'd hate to be my customers that night.

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!

I envy you. I deal with some of the dumbest people in the world, and the day I get to quit, I am not going to bother with giving notice, I am just going to be bluntly honest with people.

'That's right sir. You cant retreive your voicemail because you are a moron and cannot read two lines of instructions. I am afraid your abject stupidity is not getting any better and I cant help you. Have a nice day!'

smile.gif

So why City Police versus being a Mountie?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (barcode6 @ Mar. 18 2003,21:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You will have my respect when you can spell Authority, lol.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So is this like Calgary City Police?

If so, are you going to enjoy arresting drunk cowboys? <span id='postcolor'>

Weird to see my city on this board...  If it is Calgary,  I heard a rumor that the average time on the job of our force at the moment is ony 18 -20 months.  Scary stuff.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, it's how cartman says it and wouldn't sound right if I spelled it normal like tounge.gif

I picked Calgary over RCMP because frankly I wouldn't enjoy being stuck in some small town in the middle of Saskatchewon. Also RCMP isn't unionized so they do a lot more volunteer overtime to finish paperwork etc. Also with Calgary I start getting payed as soon as I start training vs going to Depot for free, or even charged tuition like some forces.

COLINMAN

wow.gif5--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 19 2003,05wow.gif5)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So is this like Calgary City Police?

If so, are you going to enjoy arresting drunk cowboys? biggrin.gif

Congrats!  A pretty thankless job, good to see someone (who at least seems) sensible going into it.

When do you start training?<span id='postcolor'>

Congrat m8. I thought u where young, must have confused u with some1 else. Warin I am from calgary, u 2?

You guys ever been downtown to the Joey Tomatos in Eau Claire? I'm the big ass ugly mofo waiting tables there smile.gif

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Mar. 19 2003,07:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 19 2003,05wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So is this like Calgary City Police?

If so, are you going to enjoy arresting drunk cowboys? <!--emo&biggrin.gif

Congrats!  A pretty thankless job, good to see someone (who at least seems) sensible going into it.

When do you start training?<span id='postcolor'>

Congrat m8. I thought u where young, must have confused u with some1 else. Warin I am from calgary, u 2?<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, DayGlow is.  I am west of you about 7 hours by car.

Kamloops.

You know..the small city whose WHL team keeps kicking your WHL teams ass biggrin.gif

lol, Kamloops, I remember when you were the 'big city' when I spent a few years growing up in Salmon Arm. Thankfully my parents moved back to the west coast so I didn't have to grow up in that town.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 19 2003,06:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">south-park-cartman-4001497.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

nightmares of CTF hunt II comes to mind

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hit_Sqd_Maximus @ Mar. 19 2003,08:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 19 2003,06:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">south-park-cartman-4001497.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

nightmares of CTF hunt II comes to mind<span id='postcolor'>

hell yeah smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Mar. 19 2003,06:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I picked Calgary over RCMP because frankly I wouldn't enjoy being stuck in some small town in the middle of Saskatchewon.<span id='postcolor'>

What's wrong with Saskatchewan? smile.gif  

If you like Crusin, Drinkin and Fightin Saskatchewan's your place man!  Hell, I grew up there and that's all we did! Ever been on a Booze Cruz?  If not I'm sure you'd be down for it,  Well maybe not now cause your a cop and all. tounge.gif

So you guys are all in Calgary huh... I'm from the city north of yah that still has a chance to make the playoffs.  wow.gif

Are you kidding, tell me any other police service that has a beer tent during the stampede tounge.gif

Here's another reason why I could live in Sask, I don't like Philsner.

COLINMAN

Don't like Pilsner! wow.gif Well it all makes sense now. smile.gif

Oh, and Congrats on becoming a cop (I forgot to mention it before).