Sign in to follow this  
Guest BratZ

Corsair beta released

Guest BratZ

Heres the scoop...

I haven't been able to spend the time that I expected on the Corsair, I expect another month for full completion

So I released a beta of just the BlackSheep version, don't get too excited, I think its low quality and seriously unfinished at its current stage ,but has some new innovations that you may want to check out.

Problem is I can't find a quick place to put it and is only submitted to Ofpec at the moment,so whenever it gets reviewed and posted I think is the way it works,unless someone has a better host

And all my projects are being moved to WW2EC, the best WW2 source

edit: sent to blackdogs source and named IEGF4u.zip...thanx blackdog

Guest BratZ

Many thanx again to Blackdog.I hope peeps got a glance of things to come.

Check out the multipart landing gear on the Corsair.

Final will have folding wings,working gas gauge among other features.

Funny I release the Corsair because my Helldiver is like 90% done compared to like 70% on the Corsair.

Work continues on the Helldiver and Corsair and finals expected about a month.I'd like to use Dragofires bomb pack and COC Torpedoes (any estimate dates on them?)

I also need to start on some Axis planes too. I could use some help so anyone interested please respond.

htye man...jsut wanted to tell ya the corsair is lookin good considering it is a beta...and im not gonna bitch "the textures are wrong" and "the sound sucks" as so many many many other ppl will do. i jsut want to say that its lookin good and keepo up the good work

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ Mar. 17 2003,00:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...but has some new innovations that you may want to check out....<span id='postcolor'>

Im sorry but what am I looking for here?

The cockpit opens but thats not a new inovation or anything.

um, I dont see anything "fancy" at this point.

Perhaps he means for the later release?

Guest BratZ

No I mean the gear actually,and the 2 part skin that is not in use yet,model will be skinnable

And the folding wings thats not in the USMC version

I wanted to release as help for other modmakers, its only a small part of what can be done,depending on your imagination.

But take a look at the gear and mainly the wheels,you will notice they fold back then turn in,seeing how only one animation per part is the limits,I consider that a new innovation and I don't know of a plane yet that has gear like that.

Also could be used to make the wheels roll while taxiing on the ground

Damn, I didnt even notice the wheels fold up like that at the end. Your not really animating the same part twice, your using hidden selections to mimic animating the same selection twice. You sneaky dog you! I wouldnt know this if I didnt have to do the same thing after splitting the wings on my F18 and then having to fix the ailerons. Good Job! Keep up the good work.

hMM. From Black Dogs thing download site it says my compressed folders invaild or something. I clicked the bottom link and it worked.

Nice plane so far, keep up the good work hehe.  Now we just need some german/japanese planes to go up against, the Foker and other WWI craft don't stand a chance.

Edit: Problems I've found

A) when started in the air the gear are extended but the menu says gear is up.

B) when turning the plane looses alot of speed real fast, and I tend to stall frequently in dog fights

Released addons, including betas go in to the Addons & Mods: Complete forum smile.gif

The B) in my previous post might just be my bad flying skills though, somebody else feel free to comment hehe.

I just found out you could perform the Cobra maneuver with this plane smile.gif You might want to limit the aileron/elevator controls a bit.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The B) in my previous post might just be my bad flying skills though, somebody else feel free to comment hehe.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, It happens to me too. When you trun at 90 degrees (Turning around) The plane kills alot of speed like maybe 100 mph in 6 secs.  confused.gif But that's ok, just go straight for a while and you gain your speed back! biggrin.gif

Guest BratZ

Glad peeps are having fun, I was flying low and in between buildings with it and such.

Also remember that the Blacksheep Corsair is the fastest fighter that I am putting out (unless I make a Me262?)

But even compared to the Navy and Night version of the Corsair the Blacksheep is quicker and more nimble.Designed as an intercept fighter. I want Jap pilots to think "Oh no,its a squad of Blacksheep fighters, we must stay and fight, we cannot run"

I've decided and started work on a Japanese single seat fighter Kawanishi NIKI-J.

Any comments on the Corsair are appreciated,I will adjust some of its characteristics,but I'd like to keep the speed and nimbleness somewhat as it is.

I didn't realize the beta would be dl so much (390 dls on a german site! http://www.ofp.at/ ) I really should have finished more ,but final will be in about a month anyways.Sorry about the wheel smoke and such ,I had the wheels all named properly,but when I last finished the gear,I started over.

This addon is a blast! I really like how you set the dispersion on the MG... I think it's important for plane addon makers to make their MGs fire more like this, and less like BIS' A10 (in real life that cannon fires a few thousand RPM). The handling is fine IMHO, although it does get to stalling on the sharp turns, but wasn't that it's real life disadvantage against the zero?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 18 2003,11:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Released addons, including betas go in to the Addons & Mods: Complete forum smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Beta's have to be discussed. So this topic should be in A&M:D forum (which was even named "work in progress")... It is REALLY better for beta addons to be kept in "discussion", and fully completed (or very nearly completed, just for betatest in final release) in "completed", so it really helps many people, I think mostly it helps to people who post news on their news-sites :]

That's just my opinion.. :]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Silent N Deadly @ Mar. 19 2003,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The B) in my previous post might just be my bad flying skills though, somebody else feel free to comment hehe.<span id='postcolor'>

I agree, It happens to me too. When you trun at 90 degrees (Turning around) The plane kills alot of speed like maybe 100 mph in 6 secs. confused.gif But that's ok, just go straight for a while and you gain your speed back! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That thing in reply might be just a bad mathematic skills. Turning back is turning 180° tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (rufusmac @ Mar. 19 2003,18:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This addon is a blast!  I really like how you set the dispersion on the MG...  I think it's important for plane addon makers to make their MGs fire more like this, and less like BIS' A10 (in real life that cannon fires a few thousand RPM).  The handling is fine IMHO, although it does get to stalling on the sharp turns, but wasn't that it's real life disadvantage against the zero?<span id='postcolor'>

I have set the values for the P51D and P40 exactly the same (I talked with Bratz about it.. its good that we have the same values... )

smile.gif

BIS A10 is a complete failure as far as i'm concerned!

Two things... 1 offtopic 1 on

!: I am really impressed with the work the WW2ecteam has been doing as of late, you guys are a benefit to the mod community.  It is also a really wise idea that you compare your addons with the other ones out there, other addon makers should take heed!!!

2: The BIS A10 does indeed suck, but only because its best feature is useless.  Can someone just redo the CPP code to increase the ROF by at least 200%?  Or show me where the ROF line is in the CPP and I'll do it myself...