Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Interview with..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (haunted @ Mar. 20 2003,09:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OMG guys, I cant believe after 4 pages noones mentioned this.

Mark says BIS are going to make a big announcement shortly, HOWEVER, and this is the big one, he's not sure that Independence Lost is even going to be released......

Now, I dunno about you, but maybe.... MAYBE there are 2 projects on the go here, an OFP2 and ID perhaps?confused.gif?confused.gif?

Whatdya think?<span id='postcolor'>

Well there is an announced project due 2004 at www.bistudio.com wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ Mar. 20 2003,05:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You'll have to become.......mysterious  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I am mysterious, Leone, my friend, I am...

whistles X-Files tune tounge.gif

Ya, he did say BIS in Australia is making IL, so yeah -- two projects are in the making, I guess. But who will buy IL (assuming it's an expansion to OFP1) if it's going to be released about the same time as OFP2 is out...?

My initial thoughts on IL are.... flight.... Ive yet to see a SS with Infantry in, only aircraft. and a boat.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (haunted @ Mar. 23 2003,05:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My initial thoughts on IL are.... flight.... Ive yet to see a SS with Infantry in, only aircraft. and a boat.<span id='postcolor'>

no way, OFP engine isnt made for planes... its mostly a infantry combat sim

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Vixer @ Mar. 23 2003,15:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">OFP engine isnt made for planes<span id='postcolor'>

Don't tell that to Hudson & Company.

Granted, their are humans there, but they could be used for things like when you get captured (Like in one of the EuroFighter games) or just look that good when you get up close, because most Flight Sim games nowadays have views of Ground forces when you get low, I know Falcon 4.0 did, and that games ancient.

Also, who said it uses OFP engine? Correct this if Im wrong of course, but I havent seen it said anywhere that it will use the same engine as OFP, these SS could also be taken from VBS1 (I doubt it, but you never know wink.gif )

Therefore lotsd of unfounded rumors but when I first saw OFP SS's the emphasis was clearly based on Infantry, while with IL the first SS's I saw were of choppers and aircraft on Carriers eor in flight.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (haunted @ Mar. 24 2003,19:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Therefore lotsd of unfounded rumors but when I first saw OFP SS's the emphasis was clearly based on Infantry, while with IL the first SS's I saw were of choppers and aircraft on Carriers eor in flight.<span id='postcolor'>

I'd say the IL emphasis on aircraft/ships in their screenshots is to illustrate the main differences between it and OFP - perhaps the simulation of infantry in IL isn't that much different to regular OFP, while other areas (ships in particular) are leaps and bounds ahead. Makes sense to point out which parts of the engine have been improved the most...

Seeing as IL is based on the East Timor conflict (or a future conflict in ET), I think it's highly likely that the infantry aspect will be the main part of the game, just like it was in real-life...