Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Interview with..

Our site managed to get an interview with Marek Spanel.

You can read it here.

Flashpoint.ru: Are you going to release any more editing tools for OFP? Is there going to be a new version of Oxygen? Will you release a proper user manual for. Oxygen? Will there be a plug-in for 3DMax and other modeling programs?

Marek Spanel: We still...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 16 2003,22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, nice interview, but it also destroyed my hopes concerning ongoing update support.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They cant update forever wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Mar. 16 2003,22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, nice interview, but it also destroyed my hopes concerning ongoing update support.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

well, they are moving on to next engine. wink.gif

edit: great inteview, Anti Christ!

A second generation ofp engine!! Sounds allmost to good to be true biggrin.gifsmile.gif

Very nice interview Mr. (I dont like ur name). mad.gif

tounge.gif

Guys, o my goodness did u read that whole thing, I think is a good news in a long run but bad in the short run sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Flashpoint.ru: We have another hot question, which we can't not to ask. Many of us are already tired of guessing about Independence Lost. You said that this project has nothing to do with BIS, but there is your logo on IL official website. So, what is it going to be? A new add-on such as OFP: Resistance or a full game with the new engine?

Marek Spanel: Independence Lost is an effort of our studio in Australia. It's an interesting project but it's still too early to reveal any specific details or even to confirm it will be released. We will decide later on future of this project but we have no intention to release it this year. At the moment, we focus on the Xbox version and on the second generation game using our technology due out 2004.<span id='postcolor'>

so we got to wait for 2004 anyways, o boy I hope u addomakers r gonna keep me busy, very busy, and u guys make missions and campaing loads of em (I cant do them I suk too much) sad.gif

Nice interview, but I fear that OFP will losse a large majority of it's current fanbase, if there will be no more updates/addons.

OFP 1.91 has serious issues with multiplayer. A large number of players get timeouts en masse, which didn't happen back in 1.85 times. Without a fix for this, many people might loose the interest. Furthermore, if the next game indeed is far in the future (at least a year) the community will be reduced to all but the diehard players because of no more updates till then. If it is really planned that the current 1.91beta will simply loosen the beta desigantion, with no further changes, this will be a catastrophy for many of us. The community has been waiting since mid-december for a decent new update. Letting us down now WILL come back to you sooner or later. There has been talk for months now regaring the 1.91b, with lots of feedback and smaller requests. Now they tell us it was all in vain. Well, my day is screwed. Thx. :-(

What a disappointment that IL won't be released this year. sad.gificon12.gif

Like ale said...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">o boy I hope u addomakers r gonna keep me busy, very busy<span id='postcolor'>

Invasion 44 will be out mid year. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SFG @ Mar. 16 2003,23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Invasion 44 will be out mid year. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yay for invasion1944, counting down till june. Bis I want ur next engine to kick butt and the crap out of any engine out there, I want millions of ppl to play ur game (i bet u do too), it helps to have a huge community.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ale2999 @ Mar. 16 2003,23:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Very nice interview Mr. (I dont like ur name).  mad.gif

tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, don't start with it! I already explained heaps of times before why i've decided to register here under that name.... I was bored!!! biggrin.gif

Great interview! Looks like we have a long wait ahead of us.

RED

I wish BIS would consider capitalizing on the addons they've already produced for VBS1.

If they are or can be made compatible with OFP 1.9, how much would it cost them to whip up an expansion pack, including a new campaign and missions using those addons?

To cut marketing costs, it could be downloadable, like Red Hammer originally was.

If enough would sell to see a decent profit on this, everyone would be happy.

It certainly would increase the current version's lifespan.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 16 2003,23:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well, they are moving on to next engine. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But that sounded to me different; he said that they are improving the Flashpoint engine, so the second generation engine would be rather a version 2.0 of Flashpoint (and not a complete rewrite!wink.gif

Hope they fix the limitations, because I just don't understand some of them.

Just my thought.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 17 2003,10:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish BIS would consider capitalizing on the addons they've already produced for VBS1.

If they are or can be made compatible with OFP 1.9, how much would it cost them to whip up an expansion pack, including a new campaign and missions using those addons?

To cut marketing costs, it could be downloadable, like Red Hammer originally was.

If enough would sell to see a decent profit on this, everyone would be happy.

It certainly would increase the current version's lifespan.<span id='postcolor'>

I like that idea... please, BIS, please smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nyles @ Mar. 16 2003,22:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Without a fix for this, many people might loose the interest. Furthermore, if the next game indeed is far in the future (at least a year) the community will be reduced to all but the diehard players because of no more updates till then. If it is really planned that the current 1.91beta will simply loosen the beta desigantion, with no further changes, this will be a catastrophy for many of us.<span id='postcolor'>

This will remain my number 1 game 4eva

Man, this is so depressing... sad.gif

OFP is now officially dead to BIS. The user addons will keep it going until 2004, but this is the beginning of the end!

THE END, I TELL YOU! crazy.gif

Still, OFP has come a loooooong way since 1.00.

Did anyone notice that OFP xbox has an ofp 1-and-a-half engine? I don´t have an xbox! confused.gifsad.gif

This day had to come, but if they´d just fixed the autofire sound bug...oh, well. Damn.

But i think there wont be a mission editor on xbox, wont it? I think it would be fun tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bigpoppa @ Mar. 17 2003,11:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 16 2003,23wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well, they are moving on to next engine. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

But that sounded to me different; he said that they are improving the Flashpoint engine, so the second generation engine would be rather a version 2.0 of Flashpoint (and not a complete rewrite!wink.gif

Hope they fix the limitations, because I just don't understand some of them.

Just my thought.<span id='postcolor'>

good point. i should have said it better than what i said above. however, considering the trade off btw spending time improving engine and using existing things to elongate current engine life, i'd rather wait a bit more and get better one.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'd rather wait a bit more and get better one<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly! I dont need another chopper or some nice and sexy looking combat units. A new engine is what OFP needs.

Oh and great interview! smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Mar. 17 2003,22:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i'd rather wait a bit more and get better one<span id='postcolor'>

Exactly! I dont need another chopper or some nice and sexy looking combat units. A new engine is what OFP needs.

Oh and great interview! smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Me neither, but I want at least a working stable netcode for multiplayer and voice-over-net fixed/tweaked for socket netcode. However, I won't mind new addons either. Hell I would even pay for them as long as they are official. I'm not even asking for a fix regarding sliding tanks etc., as I have given up on this long ago, but at least the game should be stable. For many people it isn't anymore, since 1.90.  crazy.gif

I`m not so happy...

I`d have rather liked to see some old bugs fixed, like the missing strela pic, the bug where you can`t lock on with AA in MP until you reload your already loaded launcher, and many other things that were mentioned as bugs in the forums. I know that OFP:R is a very complex game, but a final patch should at least fix the known bugs  confused.gif

And what`s with the Camel for example, it`s also just beta. Or the direct speech thing? It`s still not working...

I don`t want to sound too negative, but right now I`m still very depressed, because I waited for a new patch since the 1.91 beta. That`s been four month, I guess...

I really honor BIS for it`s support up to 1.85 or 1.90, that time has just been outstanding. But I expected a happy ending so to say, a patch that fixes the known bugs and not a 1.91 beta that just becomes "official".

I`ve been with OFP from 1.00 on. That it ends this way makes me sad and it also steals my illusions somehow. Of course I`ll buy OFP 2 too, but OFP:R is losing it... I think we`ll lose a lot of good men (and women) especially in the MP community worldwide.  sad.gif

I second what FallenPalladin says and i have to add that many ppl willjust move on due to unactualised patches.

Sounds sad but life continues....

I´ve been playing OFP since the demo and its the only game i have really played with some exceptions, i´ve nearly lived with it....

What are we gonna do now?? sad.gifsad.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif