Sign in to follow this  
instanto

Removing 1.91

Is it possible to uninstall 1.91 and use 1.90 instead? The OFPResPatch_1_90.exe does not let me install it since I have 1.91 installed.

I am unable to play the normal game now, since I get something like 1 fps and lots of artifacts on the screen at the main menu.

BUT:

If i start a multiplayer game, everything works, untill I exit to the main menu.

And by the way: When are you going to remove the "#&" idiotic CD-Protection.

V1.90 and V1.91 are beta patches, there is no way to uninstall them. All you can do is reinstall and patch your way back to V1.90.

v1.90 is *NOT* a Beta patch.

And is there NO way to get back to 1.90 from 1.91? Should'nt be that hard to make a uninstaller, or a 1.90 patch that would work over 1.91/all other versions.

If you happen to have a copy of your 1.90 EXE file (FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.exe), you should be replace your current EXE with the older one. (I found this out by accident, when I was grabbing files from an old installation of OFP I backed up).

Using a util I found I am able to extract all the files from the 1.90 patch, then I can manually install them and get 1.90 back again.. (i hope) :-)

The only difference between 1.90 and 1.91 is the resistance executable and a pbo (res\dta\dtaext.pbo). So just delete the dtaext.pbo and copy the 1.90 executable back into place and you are back at 1.90...

You sure?

Ah, difference from 191 and 190 you mean.

Since the 190 patch contained a _lot_ of files.

I cant find the dto file you mentioned.. just the resistance.executable.

Very sure. I always run a checksum program over the whole folder which shows me all new/deleted/changed files and the difference from 1.90 to 1.91 were the changed executable and a small additional pbo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (instanto @ Mar. 14 2003,23:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And by the way: When are you going to remove the "#&" idiotic CD-Protection.<span id='postcolor'>

Why would you want the CD-Protection removed? Do you want Bis to go under because scum steal from them?

No, but after paying for a product we should be allowed to make a legitimate backup copy.

Yes, I am aware that in the case of a damaged CD you can contact Codemasters who will replace it for a small fee, but IMHO this isn't the same in terms of cost and convenience.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Mar. 16 2003,01:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, but after paying for a product we should be allowed to make a legitimate backup copy.<span id='postcolor'>

Well 1. That doesn't apply to every country, and 2. I have never ever had a CD damaged beyond use, and that's despite the fact they're seldom in cases and more often than not just piled all over my desk and floor smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 16 2003,12:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well 1. That doesn't apply to every country, and 2. I have never ever had a CD damaged beyond use, and that's despite the fact they're seldom in cases and more often than not just piled all over my desk and floor smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Fair enough, I know this is the copyright law in Australia, it may well be different o'seas.

And yes, I must admit I have never damaged a CD beyond use either, but for me its more of a peace of mind thing. wink.gif

I understand where you're coming from but I simply don't think it to be reasonable to expect a company to strip out the one thing stopping their CD's being easily duplicated.

But as this is delving into realms of a conversation topic not allowed on here it's best to drop it smile.gif

Hello

From Placebo

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why would you want the CD-Protection removed? Do you want Bis to go under because scum steal from them<span id='postcolor'>

I just want to notice that Id software and Epic in one of their last patches for Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament , to thanks their customers removed the CD-checks protection, allowing people to play without CD

And those game were very good sales despite the end of the CD-Check.

EDIT : oops, i was not carefull, the conversation was about CD protection not CD-check

I am not against CD copy protection , that is totally different !

sorry

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ Mar. 16 2003,02:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, but after paying for a product we should be allowed to make a legitimate backup copy.<span id='postcolor'>

1st You are allowed to make a backup copy (see license agreement)

2nd You can make a backup copy if you have a decent cd burner

On the other hand the basic cd protection that exists keeps many kids from distributing their copy to all their friends, that is something good.

To stay on topic: I always keep a backup of my last installation (just a big zip file) so I can get back to a clean installation whenever I want. This has saved me a lot of time that I would have wasted reinstalling otherwise.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 16 2003,02:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (instanto @ Mar. 14 2003,23:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And by the way: When are you going to remove the "#&" idiotic CD-Protection.<span id='postcolor'>

Why would you want the CD-Protection removed? Do you want Bis to go under because scum steal from them?<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Why would you want the CD-Protection removed? Do you want Bis to go under because scum steal from them?

<span id='postcolor'>

I dont care about people who pirate their games. If people want to pirate the game they are able to, and will do it, regardless of consumer unfriendly measures such as CD protection.

Flashpoint was out in the warez scene days before it hit the stores, and so has all the add-ons been.

One good thing if they removed the cd protection (and if your assumption about the pirate hordes copying the game then) will be that there will be more people playing the game, and if some of them like it, they will purchase it. ANd hopefully they will come to these forums and make suggestions on how to make OpF more multiplayer friendly than it is(nt).

I want the cd protection removed so I dont have to rely on the CD being in my -rom at all times, so I wont have to 'wait' for the cd protection/check to activate, so I wont have to listen to the 52 x cd-rom spinning and making sounds as loud as a Fighter Jet taking off, so I will be able to have music cd's, or other cds in the drive, so I dont have to have the Flashpoint copy always on my desk to store the cd in, so I wont have to listen to the cd spin up every time I open "explorer" to check the free disk space on my hard drive (since all disks are checked), so I wont have to listen to the cd spinn up during boot up, so I dont have to risk the cd being damaged, or rotting (As some CD's I have are already doing).

CD Protection is consumer unfriendly and does not stop piracy. The only piracy it will stop is friends copying the game to each other, and most likely they would never have purchased the game in the first place, if they relied on the pirated version, and frankly, if they like the game, perhaps both of them will purchase the follow up / add-ons, compared to 1 buying and 1 copying the original.