Sign in to follow this  
Mister Frag

*** new official sound blaster live! drivers

I feel your pain Goeth. It is possible that the problem is not entirely the SBLive's fault since it occurs in no other game than OFP. However since older drivers and different settings are fine, it must be part of the problem.

I have contacted Creative Labs, Code Masters and BIS about the problem, but they have either ignored me, or shown little interest in solving it, after all, our suffering has not cost them $... yet. (The fact that I'm never buying another Creative product, and will hesitate to buy a BIS one and will tell others why, has not yet come into effect).

The problem could be something as simple as a slightly invalid sound file associated with the 'shilka' in the game. That invalid sound causes corruption in certain drivers which are sensitive to it.

If BIS would even bother to look into this 100% reproducable crash, I'm sure they could find a workaround, you wouldn't need another sound card, and I could stop using my integated sound chip while SBLive sits idle.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ Mar. 17 2003,02:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">can anyone recommend some good soundcard.<span id='postcolor'>

Philips Acoustic Edge

oki, i tried them too.

german drivers: crackling sound sad.gif

with reg hack: crackling sound sad.gif

patched german drivers: crackling sound mad.gif

with reg hack: crackling sound mad.gif

english drivers: crackling sound crazy.gif

with reg hack: well  biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BergHoff @ Mar. 15 2003,05:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Mar. 13 2003,06wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'm not sure if this will help anyone, but if you are having problems with your Sound Blaster Live! card, check them out.

From http://www.warp2search.net/article....order=0

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Drivers: Sound Blaster Live! - LiveDrvUni-Pack For windows 2000/XP

=>Posted by: NewsFactory.

=>Thursday, March 13 @ 04:39wow.gif9 CET  

This package upgrades the Sound Blaster Live! driver and enhances the overall product performance on Windows 2000 and Windows XP. The package also upgrades core applications including Audio HQ and Surround Mixer for optimal Sound Blaster Live! performance.

This update:-

Resolves compatibility issues with Sound Blaster Live! products on Windows 2000 and Windows XP

Requirements:

For Windows 2000 and Windows XP users ONLY. Creative SB Live! Series Audio card installed.

Note:

This package can be installed independently and does not require other applications in the LiveDrvUni-Pack to be downloaded.

Older Sound Blaster Live! Experience demo applications may not work properly when updated with the LiveDrvUni-Pack.

Download Sound Blaster Live! - LiveDrvUni-Pack 10/03/2003<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

Maybe these drivers has caused so much trouble for me.

When I'm playing first the sound goes away and then BAM the computer reboots...NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH MY GF3 and SBlive5.1 driver from my disk!

Strange indeed...

smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have this problem too. It sucks!