vafana

Exception: Access violation.

Is there any fix for the game crash on startup whit:

''Exception: Access violation. Illegal write by 0x0 at 0x0''?

I reinstalled the game yesterday, same error, uninstalled and reinstalled today with the same result, updated gpu driver, checked file integrity as well. I sent the report, but from what I understand from some comments on Steam or Reddit, it's an error that persisted from last year. Does anyone know a solution?

Hi,

This could also be the result of a memory error. Try reseating your memory modules (or use a memory check tool) and see if this helps.

29 minutes ago, ozzbik said:

Hi,

This could also be the result of a memory error. Try reseating your memory modules (or use a memory check tool) and see if this helps.

Hi,

That would mean that I would have problems with other games as well, which does not happen.

Hi Vafana,

While in most cases that is correct, I've experienced that it's not always the case. Sometimes programs tend to do stuff differently than what's normal behaviour.

As I said, it's something worth to check for good measure.

I have seen that there's an similar error on the feedback site T164891 

Besides that, could you add the following:

- Reforger log files

- Windows application/system event log containing entry around the time of crashing.

- What OS version, firewall, virus scanner or vpn are you using?

This would help. 🙂

1 hour ago, ozzbik said:

Hi Vafana,

While in most cases that is correct, I've experienced that it's not always the case. Sometimes programs tend to do stuff differently than what's normal behaviour.

As I said, it's something worth to check for good measure.

I have seen that there's an similar error on the feedback site T164891 

Besides that, could you add the following:

- Reforger log files

- Windows application/system event log containing entry around the time of crashing.

- What OS version, firewall, virus scanner or vpn are you using?

This would help. 🙂

Hi, thanks for the reply.

The problem is that for more than a year the game worked without problems, then I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again after about two months and since then I haven't been able to start the game, every time the same crash.
I made a ticket on the feedback site with the crash files attached. I will do a memory check though.

Edit:

I did a memory check, there are no problems with them.

• Like 1

I saw your ticket in the feedback (T177785). Perhaps adding the dxdiag output and crash logs could help the developers a bit further.

The 0xc0000005 error unfortunately is a very common error which has to do with memory (or files) being unable to read/write.

Other thing to try:

- Run steam and/or Reforger as an Administrator

- Disable any overclocking

- Set all Reforger specs to lowest settings

- I assume you've rebuild the config file on your re-install, but if not, remove the config entirely.

- Start without BattleEye (ArmaReforgerSteam.exe)

9 hours ago, ozzbik said:

I saw your ticket in the feedback (T177785). Perhaps adding the dxdiag output and crash logs could help the developers a bit further.

The 0xc0000005 error unfortunately is a very common error which has to do with memory (or files) being unable to read/write.

Other thing to try:

- Run steam and/or Reforger as an Administrator

- Disable any overclocking

- Set all Reforger specs to lowest settings

- I assume you've rebuild the config file on your re-install, but if not, remove the config entirely.

- Start without BattleEye (ArmaReforgerSteam.exe)

Hi, I did everything you mentioned.

2 hours ago, vafana said:

Hi, I did everything you mentioned.

Hi Vafana,

Is the Experimental version also displaying this error? If you have not already, try this version. 

Have you updated the BIOS by any chance before the problems started? Also try resetting the BIOS settings to default (save your BIOS profile for roll-back purposes).

17 hours ago, teabagginpeople said:

Hi Vafana,

Is the Experimental version also displaying this error? If you have not already, try this version. 

Yes, I tried the normal version twice, then the experimental version. I specified this in the ticket opened in feedback tracker.

14 hours ago, ozzbik said:

Have you updated the BIOS by any chance before the problems started? Also try resetting the BIOS settings to default (save your BIOS profile for roll-back purposes).

The BIOS is updated before installing the game, that is, on the day it was released, the game worked normally for a few months until I uninstalled it. It has nothing to do with the BIOS. I will have to wait to be resolved through the open ticket on the tracker, personally I have tried everything I found on the internet regarding the error for a game I paid for.

I found that the only way the game doesn't crash is to first open Steam with these parameters:
-silent -nochatui -nofriendsui -console -no-browser
then open the game from the desktop shortcut.
If I click to open the game first from the same shortcut (and automatically Steam as a result), the game crashes every time.

Very strange behaviour. But good to see you have a way to play. Now hope that this is going to be picked up soon by the developers.

3 hours ago, ozzbik said:

Very strange behaviour. But good to see you have a way to play. Now hope that this is going to be picked up soon by the developers.

Yeah, it was a surprise for me too, I entered two sessions in the same way, I tried another way but it doesn't work.