thy_

[SOLVED] Is this type of dependency a mistake or does it make sense?

Hey, folks. 

I am noticing that my missions sometimes are getting weird dependencies and it's coming not exactly because I am setting assets from DLCs intentionally but because things like these below happen.

Am I missing some Arma 3 Cfg understanding or are those examples of true "errors"?

Unit: B_soldier_M_F

0GXM05H.png

With bipod from Marksmen DLC:

FWLs707.png

With no bipod:

1VZc5KO.png

With bipod from Apex Expansion:

oAsTKic.png

PS: No mods loaded. Only vanilla content here.

Another example is this dependency from Argo (Malden):
2FNO5Rh.png

There is even no asset icon to identify the dependency. 

For starters: currently almost all of A3 DLC data is being downloaded even for people who don't own those DLCs. The only exceptions are cDLCs and Contact campaign (Contact folder, as opposed to Contact platform update in Enoch folder). This is done mostly for multiplayer accessibility (so that you don't have to own exact DLCs as other players etc.).

What's even more interesting is that not all content that belongs to DLC data requires ownership of the DLC to access it in-game. Bipods for example are part of Marksmen DLC, but really are free for everyone to use, as part of the Marksmen platform update that brought... well, bipods into the game. The "bipod from Apex" is merely a retexture of the Marksmen DLC bipod, hence it creates a "dependency" to that DLC. However, it's not a premium asset, so it should be usable by everyone. 

This table lists all the content with regards to if it needs DLC ownership or not.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, krzychuzokecia said:

This table lists all the content with regards to if it needs DLC ownership or not.

Um... this link... good to know! Thanks.