Sign in to follow this  
FSPilot

"police" simulator

Got a question for you guys. I'm looking for a simulator (or an OFP campaign would do nicely) where you're a police officer. It just sounds like an interesting thing to do.

And yes, I have been watching cops lately. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 09 2003,03:59)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Got a question for you guys.  I'm looking for a simulator (or an OFP campaign would do nicely) where you're a police officer.  It just sounds like an interesting thing to do.

And yes, I have been watching cops lately. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You mean just a regular cop, or like a Swat thing?

Anyway, take your pick:

http://www.if-legends.org/~adventure/Sierra_On-Line,_Inc/PQ.html

a regular cop.  i've got SWAT 2 and it's ok, but i'm looking for something more every-day.

edit - thanks tex.  i guess i'll just have to wait for my ban from the underdogs to lift.  thats what i get for downloading the manual and the game at the same time. sad.gifwink.gif

thanks again tex

edit2- RATS! sierra's an ISDA member. i cant get it from underdogs anyway. sad.gif wonder why they have it on the site though

I don't think anything like that exists. Would be very cool though.

You would be on your regular shift, and things would happen/unfold and you would have to respond.

I'd like to see an OFP campaign or SP mission like this *hint hint*. i'd sit and play it all day biggrin.gif

You want a game where you pull people over and walking around the mall to make sure the kiddies don't get out of control?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Cloney @ Mar. 09 2003,05:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You want a game where you pull people over and walking around the mall to make sure the kiddies don't get out of control?<span id='postcolor'>

Dont forget the donuts wink.gif

If you want to see something really interesting try to get a ride-a-long with your local police department. Most will do it and it will give you great insite into the day to day lives of the cops.

COLINMAN

That would be really quite cool. I like the idea of trying things out which haven't been done before, games like Enigma Rising tide. I played the demo and it was really good.

The police quest series (before swat) are my favourite series of games (beside Opf of course), even though they're dated now if you can get hold of them they're well worth playing smile.gif

Ubisoft is coming out with a CSI game soon. Sounds interesting but there's very little info out, from what I've seen.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Mar. 09 2003,14:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ubisoft is coming out with a CSI game soon. Sounds interesting but there's very little info out, from what I've seen.<span id='postcolor'>

CSI ? what's fun with playing a CSI member ? they do one of the geekest job (in my opinion) , they never go out of their laboratory , and when they do (rarely) they wear white combis and masks on their face , like if they were fearing the contact of the sunlight tounge.gif

no , but frankly , how would it be possible to play a CSI in a PC game ?

in my opinion it can only be some kind of adventure game with pseudo-scientifical puzzles to advance or something .......

but what i'd like is somekind of police precint tycoon smile.gif

aaaaaaaahhh , that CSI . from the TV show ....... nice , i hope they'll keep the ambiance of the serie ..... i like the who's music in the credits tounge.gif

whhhhhhhhhhhhooooo are you whhhhoooooooooooooooohhhhhhooooooooo

hehe

what i want is a real police precint tycoon , kinda like theme hospital , but for the police smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">aaaaaaaahhh , that CSI . from the TV show ....... nice<span id='postcolor'>

The screenshots look adventure like. No crosshair biggrin.gif

B00007LVDN.01.PT06.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Looks like a standard adventure to me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balschoiw @ Mar. 09 2003,15:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">aaaaaaaahhh , that CSI . from the TV show ....... nice<span id='postcolor'>

The screenshots look adventure like. No crosshair  biggrin.gif

B00007LVDN.01.PT06.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Looks like a standard adventure to me.<span id='postcolor'>

why is the gun so far away from the corpse ?

tounge.gif

i think i'm going to buy it .....

Wonder if they'll use the SB Live crackle bug to synthesize Grissom's hearing problem biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Mar. 09 2003,15:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wonder if they'll use the SB Live crackle bug to synthesize Grissom's hearing problem  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

hehehehe smile.gif

I think its interesting to think about the mafia engine and the potential it has to make a gread cop game. Just strap me in the seat of a Crown Victoria and let me cruise....ohhh baby. You've gotta love those cars, I've been test driving a few recently but it turns out I can't afford the insurance sad.gif . i don't think its even possible to get out of a Crown Vic after driving it for a while and not have a big stupid smile on your face afterwards. Oh well, good ol' Topaz is gonna have to make do for a while yet.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've been test driving a few recently but it turns out I can't afford the insurance .<span id='postcolor'>

Buy a classic car. I own my 280 SE for 5 years now and never had any major problems with it. I bought it in quite good condition and restaurated it with the help of a friend and patience biggrin.gif

MB is still producing spare parts for it so support is granted.

I pay not much taxes and insurance as it is classified as oldtimer which means it costs 230 Euro tax and 220 Euro for insurance which is quite cheap for a engine of 2800 ccm and 6 cylinders.

I love it but I only use it on sunny days smile.gif

The picture shows the same as mine but it is actually not mine.

I dont have the fog lights but the colour and outfit are the same. All side-windows and sunroof are moved by electric motors and the engine has an injection pump which is very good for fast accelerations and a top speed of 220 km/h.

mb280se.jpg

I'm fine with my peugeot (sp) 406, it's got a cd player ya know, what more could you want?