Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Trinity island v.1.0 by buggs !

wow, this is cool!

When you going to fix the bridge? I really want to make some missions for this.

I LUV THE ISLAND!

Howver, I cannot get your missions to work.  I removed the "groups" thingie from the mission.sqm, but now i get an error message that says I miss an entry called "soldierEsaboteurday". I really dont know how to deal with such problems; can anyone help or, Buggs, can you release a working version preferrably with a list of the addons that are needed to play each mission?

Bye,

Pimmelorus

EDIT: I'm referring to the Blackbox Delta mission

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruskiesrule @ Mar. 09 2003,10:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When you going to fix the bridge? I really want to make some missions for this.<span id='postcolor'>

When WRPEdit supports anything other than very Low terrain detail (Check previous posts). it would be possible to level the bridges out but i would have to pick a  level of detail i.e low,normal,high,and stick to that.

The other problem is that the 3d view which you use in wrpedit would be useless, what you would be seeing in the 3d view is not what you would get ingame. very time consuming and very painful on the brain. i actualy tried to do this about 4 months ago and it took me about 3 hours to lay 3 bridge pieces, and i still could'nt get bridge aligned as good as i can on very low detail.

i will check it out. however if anybody has any sugestions feel free to post them. also can people post there prefered level of terrain detail, just incase i give it a go.

Cheers

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nierop @ Mar. 09 2003,11<!--emo&wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I LUV THE ISLAND!

Howver, I cannot get your missions to work.  I removed the "groups" thingie from the mission.sqm, but now i get an error message that says I miss an entry called "soldierEsaboteurday". I really dont know how to deal with such problems; can anyone help or, Buggs, can you release a working version preferrably with a list of the addons that are needed to play each mission?

Bye,

Pimmelorus<span id='postcolor'>

Hi nierop, is it a specific mission ie stronghold, which use the standard Russain bizon spetznas or all of them.

Cheers Buggs

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ Mar. 09 2003,11:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I haven't see problem with Bridge....

Vladimir<span id='postcolor'>

Actually, me neither. confused.gif I made a tour with the Motorcycle and everything went fine at the bridge.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ Mar. 09 2003,11:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I haven't see problem with Bridge....

Vladimir<span id='postcolor'>

This bug

http://ssjsolidsnake.free.fr/bridgebug.JPG

Anyway Magnificent island !

http://ssjsolidsnake.free.fr/magnificentisland.JPG

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nierop @ Mar. 09 2003,11wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I LUV THE ISLAND!

Bye,

Pimmelorus

EDIT: I'm referring to the Blackbox Delta mission<span id='postcolor'>

I have checked the black box mission and i'm using the standard bis Russian troops & bizon Spetsnatz

I think the bizon troops came with Red Hammer addon pack or the 1.46 Ultimate upgrade. but i'll check the mission again.

My apologies to everyone that has had problems with the missing addon "groups" error Message.

i checked the mission sqm for unused addons, removed them. then played the mission to make sure it worked. but it looks as if the "groups" is added when saving. crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Buggs @ Mar. 09 2003,12:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (nierop @ Mar. 09 2003,11wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I LUV THE ISLAND!

Bye,

Pimmelorus

EDIT: I'm referring to the Blackbox Delta mission<span id='postcolor'>

I have checked the black box mission and i'm using the standard bis Russian troops & bizon Spetsnatz

I think the bizon troops came with Red Hammer addon pack or the 1.46 Ultimate upgrade. but i'll check the mission again.

My apologies to everyone that has had problems with the missing addon "groups" error Message.

i checked the mission sqm for unused addons, removed them. then played the mission to make sure it worked. but it looks as if the "groups" is added when saving. crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i've checked the missions & it seems i have used some unofficial spetsnatz & resistance soldiers. the problem was that they didnt have any id tags to seperate them from the official ones confused.gif

so nierop, if you want to email me i will send you the amended missions (about 470k in size) so you can test them. and if all is well i'll send the finished missions to OFP-cz to see if they will host them for me.

ps. my email address is in the readme file

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([sZ]Vladimir @ Mar. 09 2003,14:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I confirm, I haven't problem with bridge !!! ...<span id='postcolor'>

because you have your land-detail set at "very low"

I play always with land detail very low. Why ? I can put field at 3km smile.gif play with Anti-aliasing 2x and anistropic filtering 4x smile.gif

So, play with very low land detail and big field of view smile.gif I find that better.

Vladimir

Yes, very low detail is on. I just have a shitty Cpu.

EDIT: Thanks for the updated mission pack.

aaah i see, vladimir

ye, this configuration is pretty good for single player games.

i was thinking of multiplayer games, where the default viewdistance is 900 and you have to keep an eye on all players settings: some guys have 800mhz machines, others have 2000mhz... so the average level of land detail is "normal".

anyways: i´d be so great if you could handle the bridge- thingy, buggs  smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pang @ Mar. 09 2003,17:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">aaah i see, vladimir

ye, this configuration is pretty good for single player games.

i was thinking of multiplayer games, where the default viewdistance is 900 and you have to keep an eye on all players settings: some guys have 800mhz machines, others have 2000mhz... so the average level of land detail is "normal".

anyways: i´d be so great if you couldn handle the bridge- thingy, buggs  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes i'm considring doing two versions one at very low detail and on at normal.

And im thinking about changing the forests & trees to the ones from nogova.

Ill keep you informed.

Cheers, Buggs biggrin.gif

I think anybody would love to see a better, and enhanched version of this island, cause it's looks really nice... One little thing, what I would like to see. A bit more civilian fuel bases... Try it, to go from the northest village, to the southest, then .... smile.gif And a your fuel flows away soon.

CU!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LightBringer @ Mar. 09 2003,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think anybody would love to see a better, and enhanched version of this island, cause it's looks really nice... One little thing, what I would like to see. A bit more civilian fuel bases... Try it, to go from the northest village, to the southest, then .... smile.gif And a your fuel flows away soon.

CU!<span id='postcolor'>

Very true, I made a tour at the West part of the island and the only fuel station that I passed was at the airport. It would be nice if you could make some more (Resistance) fuelstations near the road. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DestroyerX @ Mar. 09 2003,12:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LightBringer @ Mar. 09 2003,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think anybody would love to see a better, and enhanched version of this island, cause it's looks really nice... One little thing, what I would like to see. A bit more civilian fuel bases... Try it, to go from the northest village, to the southest, then .... smile.gif And a your fuel flows away soon.

CU!<span id='postcolor'>

Very true, I made a tour at the West part of the island and the only fuel station that I passed was at the airport. It would be nice if you could make some more (Resistance) fuelstations near the road. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, same here! On my tour I had to start over because I ran out of fuel smile.gif

I thought I hit a tree, but then I realized that I had actually run out of fuel.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Buggs @ Mar. 09 2003,17:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And im thinking about changing the forests & trees to the ones from nogova.<span id='postcolor'>

Please do! This island would definitly rule then.

Cheers for the feedback. I'm going to do the forest first(longest job) then the trees, & then more fuel stations(didn't give them a second thought when i was making this).

and lastly i'll look at doing a version with the bridge for normal terrain wink.gif

hey buggs,

i thought this might interesst you:

i just had a look at the island jelalabad and was curious about the bridge... so i checked it out on both "very low" and "normal" landdetail.

bridges.jpg

i know, its kinda hard to see any difference  confused.gif  but it didnt change on both settings.

maybe its creator, umphrey (umfrey@hotmail.com) can give you some advice with the bridge thingy smile.gif