Sign in to follow this  
skinmez

P-40 warhawk (my first addon)

Hello

Im doing a P-40 WarHawk (or TomaHawk II if british) and i like to know what you think so far. The model is about 75% done and i will do a couple of nice textures to.

Question: Is there a way to like flatten a .p3d model so you get one or a couple of meshes. It's alot easier to texture it then. I used to do that when i was skinning for Q3 and UT3.

Please make a comment on what you think. If you like it or dislike it or whatever... Be nice though wink.gif It's my first. Actually it's my first model ever, any category...

P-40%20Warhawk.jpg

Which plan views did you use to lay out the model over?

The cockpit glass needs re-working a little bit, it's not as rounded as that. Try this site for a good reference:

http://www.aviacherteg.narod.ru/avia....MBI.htm

I'm not sure what you mean by "flattening" the .p3d. Can you explain more?

Above the propeller(on top just behind it) looks a little off as well.

It does have very good potential though, you just have to look at the pic(s) and look for the details.

Please, pretty please, with sugar on top, make it a Flying Tigers Hawk.

L8R,

TopCover

Good job for a first time, im very impressed this being your first model. The cockpit does look irregular a bit but maybe its just the angle of the screenshot smile.gif

About flattening the model. Do u mean like unwrap the mesh so it would be in 2D? If so no, Oxygen cant do that.

Yes... Unwrap the the model is what i ment. To bad it cant be done though. I working on the cockpit right now as i got some better pictures for referenses. I also work on the inside of the cockpit.

Someone said it's nose looked a little off... Maybe its because it's the US model. It looks a bit different than the british. US model have two x 0.50 caliber Browning machine-guns in the nose and four x 0.30 caliber Browning machine-guns (two in each wing).

The british has Six x 0.303 Browning machine-guns (three on each wing)

I think it will be done in a few days or so. I'm not that good at writing the config file though but i work it out...

i think i got a few cockpit pics form my instructions for B17G The Mighty 8th if u want those pics for ur cockpit or are you covered there?

PS VERY VERY nice model for your "first time"

well now the plane starting to take the shape i want to. Just the landing gear, inner cockpit and textures left to do. And that stupid config.

Comments are wellcome

P-40%20Warhawk%20II.jpg

That looks pretty damn good. Keep up the good work!

Are you going to make a paint scheme such as this one?

P-40%20.jpg

k i snet u the cockpit pics i got, dont gotget to animate the gear, and other then that, oh the gun sight on the nose, i didnt see tha tin ur pics, need to model that in. otherwise its loooks wonderful

oh and also aniamte the cockpit to slide open or shut, so we can choose ot have it open or closed in flight.

We (WW2EC) have recruited his ass biggrin.gif

So il talk things over with him and add all sorts of nice features the P51 also has..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Mar. 07 2003,07:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That looks pretty damn good. Keep up the good work!

P-40%20.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

yes, please make it a P-40 from the Hell's Angels (Flying Tigers). it is my all-time favorite prop-driven aircraft, and it looks great so far! can't wait to fly this baby!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (NavyEEL @ Mar. 07 2003,23:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Mar. 07 2003,07:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">That looks pretty damn good. Keep up the good work!

P-40%20.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

yes, please make it a P-40 from the Hell's Angels (Flying Tigers).  it is my all-time favorite prop-driven aircraft, and it looks great so far! can't wait to fly this baby!!!<span id='postcolor'>

i just noticed a tiny lil problem with this picture......

why does it have jap flags on it for the "kill list"? it SHOULD be natzi flags. the flying tigers flew inteh europian theater and not the pacific

Well i have some photos that i looket at and they have the japanese flags on it. Infact all my pictures of the P-40 with this scheme has the japanese flags...

Yes thats my P-40 Tomahawk model, but with textures done by FW200. Both are going to be relesed as WW2EC addons since i joined them.

Great work skinmez, expecially on the textures. I have to get myself a Wacom board, but I heard they're expensive.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Great work skinmez, expecially on the textures. I have to get myself a Wacom board, but I heard they're expensive. <span id='postcolor'>

No not that expensive. I got mine, a Graphire2 for about 100 dollars. And there is a clear differens to draw with it than use a mouse. So i must say it's worth it.