Sign in to follow this  
PSC

Seagull

I was wondering if one of you guys knows the name of the selection names from the wings and wing axes and could tell it to me?

seagull.jpg

That would be much apreshiated!

Regards, PSC

The seagull is actually in MLOD i believe, depbo your data3d and open racekT.p3d in o2, there dont seem to be any selections at all...

There is also a P3D called racek2.p3d which is binarized. I guess thats the actual seagull that is used in the game. Thanks for the idea anyways.

PSC

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PSC @ Mar. 06 2003,10:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">... I guess ...<span id='postcolor'>

?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class SeaGull

{

scope=2;

model="racekT";

simulation="SeaGull";

reversed=0;

};

<span id='postcolor'>

BTW: appears like "Animation" sequences are included in P3D...

Hm, does that mean that the seaguls wings are not animated like the chopper blades for instance? In other words the wings don't use an axis point to rotate around, but a fixed animation like the movement of humans, etc.. But even in that case there should be selections for different parts, shouldn't it?

PSC

SeaGull uses keyframe vertex-based animation. It was the first animation system we had, and it was replaced by skeletal animation later, but it was left this way for seagull, as nobody cared.

This type of animation does not need any selection names.

Oh, ok. Thanks for the reply smile.gif

PSC

Poor little seagull......no skeleton tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Suma @ Mar. 06 2003,15:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">SeaGull uses keyframe vertex-based animation. It was the first animation system we had, and it was replaced by skeletal animation later, but it was left this way for seagull, as nobody cared.

This type of animation does not need any selection names.<span id='postcolor'>

Can this type of animation be used for other models as well?

I suppose the activation is hardcoded, so does it only respond to the seagull class?