Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

I concur with Commando84s point of a single massive download, but i'd only like it to keep my addon folder neat and tidy  tounge2.gif  as RHS have quite a few .pbos im my mod folder  biggrin_o.gif

Hi dear RHS Team!

Many thanks for creating these beautiful Addons. I enjoy all russian units, but yours count to the best!!!!

Maybe just one thing could be improved.

RHS tanks commaded by AI don't fire on most of the available enemy choppers.

Would it be possible to make them do so?

This seems to depend on both, choppers and tanks.

AH1 is attacked by all enemy tanks.

On the other side, Ash's Real MBT, BMP2, Bradley fire on all enemy choppers.

Would it be possible to implement RHS tanks attacking enemy choppers (using Machineguns) in next releases?

Best regards! Keep up fantastic work!

Hi....

when u think it would be possible to try youre BEAUTYFUL T-80UM1 tank?

Quote[/b] ]AOCbravo2004 Posted on Nov. 12 2005,06:44

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (t80 @ Nov. 11 2005,22:32)

Hi....

when u think it would be possible to try youre BEAUTYFUL T-80UM1 tank?

When it's ready

Ooh man. i could figure it out. but that was not the question, it just that i seen the screens and it look like it was ready to me smile_o.gif

if its not ready, it would be nice with some more screens of it.

screenshots are a poor proof of progress cuz the icing on the cake are the scripts, animations and all which are in a stage where its not ready..yet

Oh now i see. its just look ready but cant move. or look like it moves. i think that vits BMP-3 Arena works very well on the Arena part, dont know how it is done, but is it not possible to make a copy of that, to save some time? ahh i dont know nothing of that so, the best thing i could do is to notworthy.gif and wait. to not disturbe u of youre great work. smile_o.gif

Oh now i see. its just look ready but cant move. or look like it moves. i think that vits BMP-3 Arena works very well on the Arena part, dont know how it is done, but is it not possible to make a copy of that, to save some time? ahh i dont know nothing of that so, the best thing i could do is to notworthy.gif and wait. to not disturbe u of youre great work. smile_o.gif

arena AND shtora are both ready and working even with some funky visuals xmas_o.gif

Nice to hear about progress of RHS. I really miss you!

smile_o.gif

Just a question in general: which units (armored) will you use a reference for balancing of armor, weapons etc?

My problem while mission editing is always to find well balanced units to keep gameplay funny and realistic.

Each mod or addonmaker has a bunch of arguments why he configured his addon in the way he did. But at the end, I cannot use tanks of one mod against the tanks of another.

My experiences: imncredible recognition capabilities. A tank outside my viewrange firres at another tank 2500 m away. Thats useless.

Made my exercises with BWMod tanks, RHS T-64 BetaPack, RHS-t54/T55 Pack, ORCS tanks and Sigmas tanks.

RHS and BWMod seems to be balanced in a way, but ORCS and Sigma are quite a lot overpowered in its range of sight an weapon.

Would be pleased to see a well balanced tank pack, if necessary with interchargeable configs.

Whats your plans of that?

Just a question in general: which units (armored) will you use a reference for balancing of armor, weapons etc?

I have tested the T-80 against LLW Leopard 2A6, DKM Challenger 2 and BIS M1A1.

There are quite a number of variants, all with their own differences in ability to resist damage.

The Sovjet tank strategy was based on a 4-vs-1 principle (not meaning it takes 4 T80's to destroy another tank), so I wouldn't put an RHS T-80 ingame up against another more or less modern age tank (except for BIS tanks), because it will get it's butt kicked biggrin_o.gif (and for realism's sake)

Engagement range of the RHS T80 is something like 600-850m.

Quote[/b] ]Soul_Assassin Posted on Nov. 12 2005,17:46

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote (t80 @ Nov. 12 2005,17:30)

Oh now i see. its just look ready but cant move. or look like it moves. i think that vits BMP-3 Arena works very well on the Arena part, dont know how it is done, but is it not possible to make a copy of that, to save some time? ahh i dont know nothing of that so, the best thing i could do is to and wait. to not disturbe u of youre great work.

arena AND shtora are both ready and working even with some funky visuals

THAT!!! is F***G amazing notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Hi.. smile_o.gif

Have one little suggestion on youre T-80UM1

one tank with the values that you allready use.

one tank with CAVS values.

one tank with WGL values(so can use with ffur).

maybe there are some other values to, in that way everyone can use it everywhere, more people, will use it smile_o.gif

yeah i forgot ofqourse

ONE TANK TO ROULE THEM ALL!!! notworthy.gif

Hi.. smile_o.gif

Have one little suggestion on youre T-80UM1

one tank with the values that you allready use.

one tank with CAVS values.

one tank with WGL values(so can use with ffur).

maybe there are some other values to, in that way everyone can use it everywhere, more people, will use it smile_o.gif

well our mission is to get them out as they are and to make CAVS and WGL compatible you'll have to make your own private use versions. Sorry but we have other projects that we need to get out of the way.

Quote[/b] ]well our mission is to get them out as they are and to make CAVS and WGL compatible you'll have to make your own private use versions. Sorry but we have other projects that we need to get out of the way.

any thank is good for me man. smile_o.gif

Kenji has been working on an update for the T-62. More info (including screenshots) can be found on the RHS forum ^_^

Any news on the UM1?

screens?

still in progress?

nice loking t-62, haven't seen one before, where can i find the latest , full version of your latest tank pack & crews?

Cause last time i installed it some tanks doesn't want to work, i get error message about missing something when i hit prewiev in the editor. Im seriously thinking about making some Rhs based coop missions soon. Question also wich sorts of troops should i use for winter settings, Flora or the other camo type?

nice loking t-62, haven't seen one before, where can i find the latest , full version of your latest tank pack & crews?

Cause last time i installed it some tanks doesn't want to work, i get error message about missing something when i hit prewiev in the editor. Im seriously thinking about making some Rhs based coop missions soon. Question also wich sorts of troops should i use for winter settings, Flora or the other camo type?

Or you could just go to http://www.redhammerstudios.com for everything up-to-date.

btw, also the current version of RHS t-64 Pack contains bugs. All the Resirance versions are causing a ctd and without an additional "barrelnu2.paa" a few eastern versions do not run too.

Afaik RHS know this. I fixed my T-64 Pack with that "barrelnu2.paa", so all the eastern tanks are functional. the problem is that some people who didn't do that (needs unpacking the pbo files) probably are unable to play missions.

Of course, T-64 pack is beta status, but this restricts using it onzo missions I think.

But if you don't care about these facts, the T-64 pack ist an excellent addon! I really love these tanks, hopefully there will be a final version.

And one thing I really appreciate: RHS adds some Resistance versions also to the T-54/T-55 pack. Most mods don't care about OPFOR, but RHS tanks now can fight against RHS tanks at the OPFOR site. There is really a lack of high quality addons on OPFOR side.

Continue your excellent work, please!

smile_o.gif

thx for the link guys, will test out tonight when i get home if i get rid of the t64 bug, or is it something i have to fix without the patches Clausewitz?

There are no plans to patch the T64 Pack FOR NOW as we dont have too much time and people want some better toys to play with. But who knows. I think now it all depends on when ArmA is released. If it is delayed then for sure u'll see a patch to v.1. But for now for all those who still dont know go to A&M:Complete to get yer T80's xmas_o.gif

What ever happened to the functional commanders MG on top of the tank. Did that prove to be too difficult?