Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Red Hammer Studios

IMO the RSS one is better, The DKM one is nice but the textures are way too cartoonish for my tastes.

It looks nice, but actually I go for the TANKS  tounge_o.gif

dkmrss.jpg

The RSS one looks less finished (because it isn't finished, of course) but either way they look equally as good or a little bit better than the other.

Both of them are cute smile_o.gif

Regarding the Havocs, RHS' looks more accurate. Their model's smaller nose, gun and landing gear seem to portray what you see in pics. Example:

ru_helo_mi28_04.jpg

Or are there other Havocs that are more like DKM's? rock.gif

One thing that is incorrect on the RHS model and I think on DKM's too is the rear wheel.

Its support struts should be inclined forward and not backwards.

Look carefully at all the Havoc photos you can find.

One thing that is incorrect on the RHS model and I think on DKM's too is the rear wheel.

Its support struts should be inclined forward and not backwards.

Look carefully at all the Havoc photos you can find.

ru_helo_mi28_04.jpg

I think there is nothing wrong with the taill wheel.  I think maybe the tail wheel in the pic is not in the original position (the joystick or rudder didnt move to central) wink_o.gif

i dont know mi28 very well...correct me if im wrong :P

I think there is nothing wrong with the taill wheel.  I think maybe the tail wheel in the pic is not in the original position (the joystick or rudder didnt move to central) wink_o.gif

Look at all the Havoc pics on the bottom of the FAS MI28 page and compare it to RHS':

rhs_promo2.jpg

Look at all the Havoc pics on the bottom of the FAS MI28 page and compare it to RHS':

rhs_promo2.jpg

3701.gif

ru_helo_mi28_07.jpg

mmm....i think that tail wheel is turned to reverse position in the pic because it is parked and some safety or security reasons. smile_o.gif

I stand corrected. Thanks and nevermind.

havoc5.jpg

Looking at the above pic's upper side window, it would appear that RHS' needs to be adjusted a little, no? Or am I wrong on that, too? rock.gif

OK here we go:

About the tanks: ALL tanks are masively updated there are many new versions, and the old ones are ALL updated visually both the model and textures. New sounds and new scripting will be availiable. Many more features.

About the Mi28 gear: The gear is 360 degree revolving in order to turn so I think when it is parked there si some sort of parking mechanizn which locks the gear in that position.

Yes the Tanks are completly retextured, have new sounds, scripts and some other nice stuff.

Oh and there are many versions of each tank like T80U,T80UE,T80B,T80BV and many more.

The Havoc is still far from final texture and also needs some scripting work.

I think later this week we update the pics also with some Ural pics.

RHS Team....execellent...excellent work...can't wait to see some of these babies released...especially the Havoc.

Great work and keep it up!

RHS Team....execellent...excellent work...can't wait to see some of these babies released...especially the Havoc.

Then we'll watch your Little Birdies fly south! mad_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Someday we'll see the RHS Havoc battle it out with the BAS Apache  tounge_o.gif

tounge_o.gif

Respect the Littlebirds Avon...respect the Littlebirds. They will always have that special little place in heart as the first addons from BAS.

I still love these little fellas...although I must admit.....if I ever meet a Havoc in MP I'll be running faster than an old man with a bran muffin and pack of laxatives in his stomach.

just one thing I worry about. Cayn you guys work together with BAS when writing the cpp? I mean I'd like to have some balance between BAS und RHS AddOns. Not that one team uses very different dammage/armor vaules from the other team.

Not that we end like the two WW2 teams out there (WWIIEC and I44) which are completly incompatible with each other.

Because otherwise a fight between the two will not be fun.

RHS and BAS working together in many ways.

May it be a config or a texture well help each other out.

The fact how our and their stuff will match against each other is another thing cause not long ago i askek in a tread do you want a helo that matches the existing units or an version with almost everything it has in reallife even if thats against playability.

Most said as real as possible.

The thing has some awesome lil scripts included, cant tell anything atm cause we must keep such details secret until release.

Oh and i almost forgot, thanks to everyone for the feedback and ideas so far, especially Avon

tounge_o.gif

Respect the Littlebirds Avon...respect the Littlebirds. They will always have that special little place in heart as the first addons from BAS.

I still love these little fellas...although I must admit.....if I ever meet a Havoc in MP I'll be running faster than an old man with a bran muffin and pack of laxatives in his stomach.

chiken you just take a LAW and take that orgly Apache look a like to ground or you could try shoting it down whit a M16(sugest you take a lot of mag's whit you). biggrin_o.gif

STGN

dkmrss.jpg

The RSS one looks less finished (because it isn't finished, of course) but either way they look equally as good or a little bit better than the other.

Aint there a prity big difirence.

STGN

Guest DKM-jaguar

Hey, they both look great. Well done RHS, you guys have always had my respect becuase you are working on stuff that is not just the same old US stuff. I really hope this project works out for you.

i wold prefer to see this helcicopter fighting DKM's RAH66! that would be great!

once again, good work Red Hammer Studios!

Ours, BTW is going very well, and i would apreiciate it if you didnt spit on the hard work of my colleuges by drawing comparisons on products that arent finished and you dont know jack about, thank you very much  biggrin_o.gif.

It seems people are always putting DKM down, until they produce stuff like the RAH66, which is probably the best heli for OFP so far. Oh, but you want to forget  that...

Edit: after reading some of those posts that were comparing the two, the comparers didn't even know the correct position of the rear wheel, but yet still think they can evaluate our addon against some grainy old pics! Just what is your problem with DKM? why always trying to say "they are ok, but this is better..." when you cant tell that from screen shots. Anyway, this is about RHS, so lets not make it into "have a go at DKM" day. rock.gif

The fact how our and their stuff will match against each other is another thing cause not long ago i askek in a tread do you want a helo that matches the existing units or an version with almost everything it has in reallife even if thats against playability.

Most said as real as possible.

Yeah I know and there's nothing against it ;) It doesn't have to be balanced that every side does the same dammage with the same weapon type. no. I mean use a similar dammage/armor scale. Of course the weapons of the two sides don't match each other in dammage/armor ratings but I just don't want that we end like other add ons.

there are things like with the add on from one mod team you need 3 anti tank weapon hits to destroy a tank but with the same or a very similar weapon from the other mod team you need 20 hits to destroy the same tank.

Don't get me wrong. the dammage vaules and armor values for both mods are very good as long as you don't use add ons from other mods. but they're just incompatible with each other

Lets not turn this into RHS vs. DKM thread rock.gif to produce addons like DKM takes alot of knowledge and effort and RHS has alot of respect for them. People! before you start critisizing (unconstructively) ask urself if you can make anything better. Constructive critisizm is ok though biggrin_o.gif

release it !!!!!! crazy_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

ok:

both helicopters are looking good

dkm's one has less detailed textures

but that doesnt care ;D

Both Mi-28's look good, we can judge which is best when theyr both released... rock.gif  wink_o.gif

Why Judging rock.gif ...have FUN with both of them tounge_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

If you still want to pointlessly moan about our model..carry on.

if you want to actualy help with something for once; go here: MI28 vote