Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Something new for bhd missions - downed uh60

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PROTOTYPE 001 @ Mar. 31 2003,05:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">In work as we speak on the jet crash sights.  Already have the c130 crash site done and am working on the dc10 as a static object so you can use it in hostage missions.<span id='postcolor'>

will the C-130 it be over a large plot of land or will it be mostly intact?

confused.gif

confused.gif Hmmm, didn't think of that. Well I guess that I will have to make two crash sites. First is mostly intact(that one is done). I'll start work on the next when I have some time. It will have to be after I crash the f18 smile.gif .

i thought someone was already retexturing the downd helo to black confused.gif been watching this thread for it

OK good.  And finish it fast!  'Cause I'm making this pointless "mission" with a bunch of pointless crap going on, and one of those pointless things is a blackhawk going down on a runway in an airfield... smile.gif

I'm also using the tail rotor failure script from OFPEC  wink.gif

Oh and did anyone think of making a downed commercial plane, like a 747 or Cessna...just a suggestion.. confused.gif

-iCe-

Downed cessna + bibmi's South American irregulars + BAS deltas = Colombia mission!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (|iCeMaN| @ April 02 2003,07:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh and did anyone think of making a downed commercial plane, like a 747 or Cessna...just a suggestion.. confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">am working on the dc10 as a static object so you can use it in hostage missions.<span id='postcolor'>

There yer go smile.gif

The crashed Blackhawk is terrific, adds a bit more dynamism to a mission - all I can suggest is making some nice high-res textures with some bulletholes, burn marks etc., and maybe a couple of different versions (one on its side, one with rotor missing etc.)

Great job though - nice to know someone's making some good auxiliary addons...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PROTOTYPE 001 @ April 01 2003,06:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">confused.gif Hmmm, didn't think of that.  Well I guess that I will have to make two crash sites.  First is mostly intact(that one is done).  I'll start work on the next when I have some time. It will have to be after I crash the f18 smile.gif .<span id='postcolor'>

It's just that i had this game (forgot the title) where there was a C-130 crash site that had a very large radius and a lot of burning trees and debris.

Edit: Just thought about something. there should be a large fire in the middle that can be lit by hand or scripted like if it was just shot down smile.gif

wink.gif All good ideas you guys have. I have also crashed the dc10 but I did not want to but it out till I got permission back from the owner of original modle.

BTW how long do you guys think I should wait if I don't get an answer back from someone I asked to use their modle?

Just to let you know I have a downed black hawk with crushed gear and one on its side. Also have made some other stuff that I saw in the new BLACK HAWK DOWN game I just got(tires used as bunkers, buted cars and trucks, old furniture, and other urban garbage).

Do you guys think that the game needs like half sunk boats and other ships n stuff?

That would be good for if the mission was to mop up the remaining troops at a bombed naval yard.

confused.gif

Make the Black Hawk like in BHD.  On its side with missing rotors and a bunch of wires, paper, and other technical garbage you would find in a cockpit hanging around in a big mess inside the downed chopper.  tounge.gif

And also put a playable M60 in there, to use for defending yourself or whatever if you were the pilot smile.gif

mad.gif BTW PROTOTYPE 001, how much of that black UH60 are you done?? tounge.gif

-iCe-

biggrin.gif Almost done just waiting on permission from one person then It will be out.(I'll include the dead pilot bodys with it)

I don't know if you have done this already, but could you improve the wheel model? The BIS default is a hexagon-solid with circular textures on the sides. But uou can still the middle which is the polygon. Take a look at it and you'll see what I mean.

Also, could you put a Beretta in the wreck instead of an M16? I think pilots would be more likely to have a sidearm than a rifle.

Finally, could you have an ammo belt for the machine gun?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ April 05 2003,09:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Could you make it black.  One with dead pilot bodies and one without?<span id='postcolor'>

is it too hard to put in a pilot and adjust the health/armour to 0? confused.gif  need him sitting down? refer to the animations list and make him dead and sitting

oh btw.. prototype001 could u make it in the same class as the orginal? "Crash Site"

confused.gif The standard dead guy in ofp has no real dead feel to it. My addons are gonna have missing parts and lots of gore to them.

And yes they will all be in the same crash site class.

wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LaPoi @ April 08 2003,20wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Patience |iCe MaN| tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

notify.gif

crazy.gif Patience? PATIENCE!??!  I don't know the meaning of patience!!  Hurry up!!! tounge.gif

thumbs-up.gif

-iCe-

Maybe he's recreating each dead cell on the dead pilot?* biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

*just kidding biggrin.gifsmile.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PROTOTYPE 001 @ April 06 2003,10:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">confused.gif The standard dead guy in ofp has no real dead feel to it. My addons are gonna have missing parts and lots of gore to them.

And yes they will all be in the same crash site class.<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah the original dead soldier looks like an insomniac that fell out of his bed. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif