gatordev

Delaying Support Modules until variable/trigger is True

I have a feeling this is a very basic problem to solve, but between Google and the Biki, I haven't found the answer.  Apologies for the simple ask...

I'm trying to make a Support Module (specifically a CAS Rotary module, but the idea is the same for any of them) that won't be available to the player until another variable is true via a trigger.  I've tried syncing the trigger to the module and that didn't work.  I don't see a way to make a module "activate" via a "this && var" type setup.  So what am I missing?  To summarize, I'm trying to make a support module unavailable until "X" is true.

I know I can use the excellent Mil_Cas script from @beno_83au, but I'm wanting to keep the ease of the point and click interface while also allowing the player the freedom to pick the CAS point instead of pre-baking it specifically to a target/unit as the mission maker.

[ unit, requester, provider ] call BIS_fnc_addSupportLink

Sync your requester and provider module together in the editor, then in the trigger statement use the above to link them to the player you want to give access.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, @Larrow.  That worked.

I'll play with it a bit more, but I guess this would also allow you to have more than one support function located at different parts of map.  That way as you move around, you could unassign and then assign modules that are more tactically relevant, no?

I don't know how you guys remember all of the built in functions, but appreciate the help!

2 hours ago, gatordev said:

I don't know how you guys remember all of the built in functions

1. Go to BI Wiki
  2. ctrl+f keyword
  3. Profit!

That's my method, anyway 😄

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2023 at 2:19 PM, Harzach said:

1. Go to BI Wiki
  2. ctrl+f keyword
  3. Profit!

That's my method, anyway 😄

Something I try and do, but alas, this time looking for support module stuff wasn't working for me.  Thank goodness for the forums to get help and be pointed in the right direction...for so many helpful years.