Cigs4

Ace addaction position problem

Hello Arma gurus!

I have a question regarding ACE.

I would like to put an action on a gate via eden editor. This action should appear in the ace interaction exactly where the lock on the gate is. For some reason unknown to me, the interaction appears in the center of the gate and not in the lock.
Here's the code I'm using:

_action = ["actlock","Lockpick","",{Vrbpick = TRUE; publicVariable "Vrbpick"},{true},{},[], "door_handle_1", 5] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_createAction;
[gate1, 0, ["ACE_MainActions"], _action] call ace_interact_menu_fnc_addActionToObject;

Any help I would really apreciatte.

13 hours ago, Cigs4 said:

a gate

Which gate?

Apologies for the delay. This is the classname:

"Land_PipeFence_03_m_gate_r_F"

Thanks!

I think I see what you mean. I can't get the ACE action to appear anywhere other than the default position.

I can move an object to the position of the lock (remember this), but the selection array returns []. Weird? I'm intrigued, because I feel I'm going to learn something here.

I will say that I think the way to do this is the same way various mods add actions to terrain objects (think water sources in survival mods). Which is to say, when the Interaction menu is opened (in the case of ACE) or perhaps just periodically (in the case of vanilla,) a check is run for objects of a class near enough to interact, a helper object is then attached to each relevant object (remember?), and then an action is attached to each helper. Finally, in the case of ACE, when the interaction menu is closed, all helpers are deleted.

It might be worth looking at some mods that do this type of thing. Maybe ask in the Ravage mod topic, or perhaps @haleks can offer some insight here in this one.

• Thanks 1

Yeah I do this all the time using the yellow helper spheres.
Just add the ACE interaction code the the helper sphere, make it invisible and there you have an interaction you can place anywhere. You could even use attachTo to attach the sphere to another object if you needed it to move for some reason. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you very much, gentlemen. As always, your help is invaluable.

I did exactly that, I chose a small object, I placed it exactly in the lock of the gate (inside it, so it's out of sight), I used the bis_fnc_attachToRelative, to keep it in place and voilá, action available.

Thanks again!