Greetings,
I admit I'm a beginner with editing. however, I'm trying to create a bus service within my multiplayer mission using AI. I would like to create an AI bus that waits at the bus stop for connected players to enter the bus. Afterwards the bus will move through waipoints leading to the next stop, next to the plane to catch. Once there, I would like it to automatically unload the players and automatically return to the first stop, then remain in standby.
how can I do that? it is possible to set the start of the bus using the scrolling menu?
THANKS!

I would suggest not to bother.

the AI driving is generally incapable of complex and mission-critical movements in multiplayer.

it is a nice idea, and if you want to try it go for it, but many have come before you trying to do similar

• Like 1

Many greater than most have tried and As far as I know the best of the best have failed with coding AI driving to not even be close to perfect and have failed. Not trying to discourage you, but If you figure it out you will be a hero to all Arma fans. no joke. 😉

On 6/14/2023 at 1:13 AM, Cruiser1092 said:

I'm trying to create a bus service within my multiplayer mission using AI. I would like to create an AI bus that waits at the bus stop for connected players to enter the bus. Afterwards the bus will move through waipoints leading to the next stop, next to the plane to catch. Once there, I would like it to automatically unload the players and automatically return to the first stop, then remain in standby.
how can I do that? it is possible to set the start of the bus using the scrolling menu?

First of all, you need :

- a bus;

- a map;

- a looped path without obstacle for the bus.

So, tell us where and what you want to do. The very first test is the endless loop for bus path. You can place the waypoints ("move" type) on map and end by a "cycle" waypoint near the first one.

Test. Give more info about that and let's see how to script bus calls/stops.

hello, thanks for the reply.
I would like to put an AI-driven bus that takes me from point A to point B and then returns to point A by itself after disembarking the players. I wish it would just sit at point A waiting for players. When they get on board the bus leaves and takes us to point B.

the bus is of the mod cup vehicle and the map would be Sumava, in the airport.

We had something very similar more than 20 years ago for our Operation Flashpoint missions, and it worked fine but NOT for AIs boarding. The AI driver usually did a nice job if there were not too many obstacles, so it would always reach marked (waypoints) bus stops, wait for a few seconds for whichever players wanted to board/disembark, then follow to its next bus stop, and always looping, looping, looping around.
But we had the bus set to no-damage/invincible, so the services would continue even if enemies ended up shooting the players inside.

And the main "secret" is on that said by pierremgi, but our true, most common result, was always closer to what fn_Quiksilver and mikey74 said. 😂

• Haha 1

Yes. First of all, check your loop (don't forget the cycle waypoint near the first "move" one. The driver belongs to a group. set the group to careless (important). Make bus and driver invincible... if you wish.

A waypoint is completed when its condition is set to true. So, if you want your bus stop at a waypoint, just add a condition (false for stop) and toggle it  to true for start.

Example: in condition field of the waypoint: {_x in vehicle this} count allPlayers > 0  (the bus will start when a player is on board) . You can also add a timer (just scroll down to the waypoint timer). Timer starts AFTER the condition is met. Useful for waiting other players.

• Like 2

Thanks pierremgi! I  solve my problem! thanks to your suggestions! it works!