Sign in to follow this  
Taggart

Flares

Ok is there a way I can have a flare get launched to a certain area say every 5 min or so?

You could probably just make trigger that are always activated, and put like 300(seconds) in for min, max, and mid, and put x="Flare" camcreate getpos spot . You could then make a game logic, and put this setpos[(getpos this select 0),(getpos this select 1),x] where x is the height of the flare when it starts.

Ok I dont quite understand this. Basic Terms?

Do you want the easy script way of doing it, the fancy script way, or the trigger way of doing it?

ya how do i get a AI grenadier to shoot a flare.. using a trigger when he sees the enemy?

I have a grendier with flares... and a trigger for when his team sees the enemy... now what?

thx

Ok here's what.

Make a marker, name it (e.g. mrk) and make it an "empty" trigger, instead of "Objective" or one of the other types so that it wont show up in the breifing map. Place it where you want to have your flares going off.

Next, make a trigger with a radius of 1, then put it out of the way where nobody is going to go, then for its activation set it to, for example, West-Not Present, and in its Min/Mid/Max fields set them to 300 so that every 5 minutes it is activated. Also where it has "Once Only" and "Repeat(I think)" change it to the repeat one so that I wont execute only once. Now, in its On Activation field type this:

flr = "Flare" camCreate[getmarkerpos "mrk" select 0, getmarkerpos "mrk" select 1, 150];

Flare - can be either Flare/FlareGreen/FlareRed

mrk - the marker name

150 - the height that the flare appears

This will create a flare at the marker (named mrk) every 300 seconds so long as there are no west units present within the triggere's area. Hope this works for you, it does for me.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blich @ Mar. 10 2003,07:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ya how do i get a AI grenadier to shoot a flare.. using a trigger when he sees the enemy?

I have a grendier with flares... and a trigger for when his team sees the enemy... now what?

thx<span id='postcolor'>

In the trigger put it as "East detected by west" or opposite, then put this in the activation field</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">BOB fire ["m203muzzle", "flare"]<span id='postcolor'> Bob being the person fireing it smile.gif

ya thx.. asked a friend and he showed me

I made a script, and put this in the On activation of the trigger:</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">soldier2 fire ["throw","Flare","Flare"];<span id='postcolor'>

soldier2 being the enemy with the flare... this is how you code a grenadier with 3 white flares.. in the Initialization:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this removeMagazine "GrenadeLauncher"; this removeMagazine "GrenadeLauncher"; this removeMagazine "GrenadeLauncher"; this addWeapon "Flare"; this addMagazine "Flare"; this addWeapon "Flare"; this addMagazine "Flare"; this addWeapon "Flare"; this addMagazine "Flare"<span id='postcolor'>

this might be a long way.. but it works

By M203 muzzle, that is west, I forget where you get all the thigns for east/west.. Maybe the weapon/ammo names (pinned)?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Taggart @ Mar. 11 2003,04:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">THX! it worked.<span id='postcolor'>

No probs.

Does the flare idea work MP?

And how do i get the gren guy to carry flares?

EDIT- NVM!

Ok here's what.

Make a marker, name it (e.g. mrk) and make it an "empty" trigger, instead of "Objective" or one of the other types so that it wont show up in the breifing map. Place it where you want to have your flares going off.

Next, make a trigger with a radius of 1, then put it out of the way where nobody is going to go, then for its activation set it to, for example, West-Not Present, and in its Min/Mid/Max fields set them to 300 so that every 5 minutes it is activated. Also where it has "Once Only" and "Repeat(I think)" change it to the repeat one so that I wont execute only once. Now, in its On Activation field type this:

flr = "Flare" camCreate[getmarkerpos "mrk" select 0, getmarkerpos "mrk" select 1, 150];

Flare - can be either Flare/FlareGreen/FlareRed

mrk - the marker name

150 - the height that the flare appears

This will create a flare at the marker (named mrk) every 300 seconds so long as there are no west units present within the triggere's area. Hope this works for you, it does for me.

For me the trigger is ok for the first flare but after the time for a second there are nothing...it's ok for one Flare but how obtain a flare during each time 17sec...

I put the trigger on repeat and time 20 sec for min max mid. and the presence or not of west change nothing

sad_o.gif

you will have to make another trigger that switch an boolean on and off(or something else, an integer)

fireflare trigger

condition: that you have and !fired1

onActivation: fired1=true

fireflare second trigger

condition: fired1

onActivation: fired1=false

or the easiest and most controllable is to have it in a script

[] exec "fireflaregdmnit.sqs"

fireflaregdmnit.sqs

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

#Loop

code from above

~17

goto "Loop"

exit