Arma 3 Characters 4K

r4rEQsy.jpg

This is a simple mod that upscales the textures of Arma 3 faces and bodies to a new level of detail x16. Recommended for people who are very obsessed with graphics quality and photographers.

@A3 Characters 4K

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2965541384 (Available via WorkShop).

Currently
Adds 109 textures with a size of 4096x4096 pixels.

1024 vs 4096

0FgRzDw.jpg

JrMSGlw.jpg

To Do list

Here I'll show you what I'm working on so you can get an idea of what's to come.

In principle the _CO textures, which are the Colour part, are scaled and finished with very good quality.
Now I started to work on the _NOHQ which is the Normal Map part. I'm still in the process of research, so this is still alpha.
I've also modified the _SMDI which is the glow and reflections part, these are being improved to make the eyes more believable and correct some old bugs in the methodology of the first ArmA 3 characters.

Now, these characters are going to be quite heavy in some Gigabytes, I understand that can be a problem, but that's the thing about modern game graphics.

Here are some pictures of progress, thank you & feet.

Spoiler

AIsXROt.jpg

GKMzbvL.jpg

fpcZR8q.jpg

ZT5PlB1.jpg

hjkcsAN.jpg

xYLYGUm.png

Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Very cool level of detail and im no marketer but you might not want to lead off with dem fungal feet pics....jus sayin

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

This will pair well with the new ACE Medical Toenail Clipper!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 4/27/2023 at 12:23 AM, froggyluv said:

Very cool level of detail and im no marketer but you might not want to lead off with dem fungal feet pics....jus sayin

You're right about the cover, but maybe it's also on purpose as aggressive propaganda.
I don't mind the foot jokes (it's true, they have horrible feet!).

But as I already said in the workshop... "When a Wise Man Points to the Moon, The Fool Looks at the Finder." -Kǒng Fūzǐ, 500 BCE

On 4/27/2023 at 3:25 AM, Harzach said:

This will pair well with the new ACE Medical Toenail Clipper!

Thanks for the idea! 😎

I think I have the perfect Normalmap template to generate all the faces of ArmA3 at 4K.
A correct combination of the skin details we have in Vanilla, plus a more realistic minidermis and added a microdermis that is the delight of any potographer.

7T27bXh.jpg

Of course I'm also improving the feet for the legion of podophiles!

e4NEIuX.jpg

Happy weekend... & feet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1