Sign in to follow this  
2stoned2kil-

Any news from hudson ?

hi all ,

is there any news of Hudson's F/A-18 *Final version* ??

Some screenies ??

(i've tryed to find the old topic but didn't find it)

Were working hard on it, were not setting any dates but its getting close. Running out of ideas to add. Here are a couple screenies to show off what we have been doing...

Screen 1

Screen 2

Screen 3

Much thanks to pennywise for all the help he has been giving me with the scripting and cpp file. Should be finished sometime soon.

Nice man , but i don't like the grey version . sad.gif

It needs some blue/green shine wink.gif

hehe and for the rest is everything very nice

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Feb. 28 2003,12:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice man , but i don't like the grey version . sad.gif

It needs some blue/green shine   wink.gif ....<span id='postcolor'>

Blue green shine? Why would you want that, its supposed to be grey. Military aircraft are painted in flat colors, not luminecent pearl paintjobs like your hot rod honda.

i think u don't understand me

the grey color needs some blue shine (or whatever u call it in English)

Maybe he means the blue flame that is caused by the afterburner?

Looks wonderful, Hudson! Can't wait to fly them - and I don't even like planes! (And thanks for the work on the proxies - the F/A-18 looks much better now that the weapon loadout looks realistic!wink.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (2stoned2kil| @ Feb. 28 2003,18:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Nice man , but i don't like the grey version . sad.gif

It needs some blue/green shine   wink.gif

hehe and for the rest is everything very nice<span id='postcolor'>

I think he means it looks "plain" but its ok and there looking awesome so great job biggrin.gif

but i see 2 missiles 2 sidewinders on the wingtip and some missiles under the wing, is this scripted or just for show ?

Thanks smile.gif

Waaaa you hate the grey version, I hate the brown and blue version the greys the best.

They look just a little too bright, and a little too clean...

Otherwise I like 'em.

^ disregard this. after seeing second screen it looks better ^

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Feb. 28 2003,20:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Waaaa you hate the grey version, I hate the brown and blue version the greys the best.<span id='postcolor'>

i aggree 100% the grey is the best and the brown and the blue was a waste of time in textuing (they are good textures just look incredibly "cartoon"ish i guess u could say.

the grey has all the right textures including the "wear" colors

I think Hudson released the blue and brown camo ones cos they look pretty cool and for people that like their planes to be all colourful and pretty biggrin.giftounge.gif

In RL those are aggressors used to simulate potential enemies in training, hence the SU-27 style blue and the Mig-21/23 style brown. I believe there is only one squadron in the US Navy that performs this task.They are based at NAS Yuma.

Well maybe i cant explain what is little bit wrong with the grey color confused.gif

but could u guess when its getting released (a month or 3 weeks , something like that)

Well, Hudson just posted on ofp.info. It's me again guys. I hope that you like all the features but there's just one feature that I'm disappointed isn't in the pack and thats the working gps in the cockpit from that dkm commanche 1.1.

I think by "shine" he meant "shading". In real life, the grey color is just the same flat color paint, but because of real-life lighting, there are lighter and darker parts. Since the 3D engine in OFP does not automatically handle this well, having a flat grey texture looks unrealistically flat. By adding artificial lighting/shading into the texture as in the screenshot posted above and other addons like BAS Littlebirds and the Lavos armored vehicles (forgot the name) it gives it a better look.

It is not perfect because it is a static texture and the lighted spot on the texture may very well be on the side of the plane facing away from the light, but if done subtely, this error is not noticible but the shading is visible and it turns out seeming more realistic.

However, the textures you have now in my opinion are quite good, and this addon will rock regardless of this issue, just thought I would throw in my two cents.

Another question...

Do you have plans to have an option to add custom textures to part of the plane, like maybe the number on the side, the texture of the tail fins (is that the word for it?) or maybe for the pilot's name on the side? I mean allowing mission creators to specify the texture portion in the init line.

that would be cool. ps the thrusters are 2 dark lighten them up. they are the only shiny part on the plain

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Feb. 28 2003,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">theres nothing wrong with the grey, looks just as it should imo

photo

Hudsons screenshot<span id='postcolor'>

Well.. There IS a green shine on that photo, on the bottom :]

Anyway.. it looks great, but true are some statements that it looks to flat and too clean...

And surely is to bright, look at the bottom of it, it looks like of being painted with self-luminant paint :] Try to darken it and add some clever shadows :]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Mar. 21 2003,10:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acidcrash @ Feb. 28 2003,19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">theres nothing wrong with the grey, looks just as it should imo

photo

Hudsons screenshot<span id='postcolor'>

Well.. There IS a green shine on that photo, on the bottom :]<span id='postcolor'>

Have you seen the newe pics at OFP CZ? Here's one:

hudf183.jpg

What's wrong with it?

Now that i See that Grey Version im starting to look forward to this addon, becaus the Blue and Yellow / Brown Textures really annoyed me, ive never seen an F-18 like that. But now im thinking this is good... cant wait for it!!

Now if we can just get a decent F16 (Loadouts & Animations) Scorpio's F16 model is good, it just lacks the options it could have that resistance offers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Landwarrior87 @ Mar. 21 2003,20:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Now that i See that Grey Version im starting to look forward to this addon, becaus the Blue and Yellow / Brown Textures really annoyed me, ive never seen an F-18 like that. But now im thinking this is good... cant wait for it!!<span id='postcolor'>

Brown F/A-18

Blue F/A-18

They are painted this way to represent the camouflage patterns worn by potential enemy aircraft like the MIG-21 or SU-27 or any other "enemy" aircraft as these Hornets are used as aggressors in air combat training.  smile.gif