I've made dedicated server with mods and some of scenarios having small errors like "xxx.sqf not found" or "no entry xxx" and so on. They aren't really major because i can simply press "ok" and scenario will work without any problems if i'll start it in LAN from server browser

But if im hosting dedicated server then there is no way to press "ok" button and server not passing through and returning back to lobby with error in console

Question is - how to avoid kicking from scenario if it contains small problems like i described above without fixing the problem inside scenario, because it kicking even if it can't find script that i simply not using in scenario and just forgot to delete execution command of this script

I remember that i've seen somewhere command which allowing me to start scenario with errors, but i haven't found it anywhere

7 hours ago, Sanaj 1337 said:

errors like "xxx.sqf not found

Welcome to Bi Forums!

Better to just fix the scenario and learn from it and then not have to deal with issues like this.

Start with the scripts not being found, now if the scripts are actually not in the mission folder then thats one thing, but if thier there

then all you need to do is make sure that the code used to call the script is correct basically making sure the name of the script is correct,

and if its in a folder then you have to add the line in there for that.

If you want to remove the script entirely then you need to locate the file, or asset in the editor that would have the code.

So it could be an asset in the editor, or it could be one of the script files in the mission folder, either a init.sqf, interplayerlocal.sqf,

initserver.sqf or another that is initiating the script.

What we need to know is the exact errors that you are getting, and the way to do that is to get the rpt, so run the scenario through mp lan

and then once you get the error, then grab the rpt from here ----> C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

the rpt will be like a notepad document with rpt at the end of the title.

Make sure that you have [ ] No logs unchecked in the Arma 3 launcher parameters when you do this or you wont get a full rpt, it should

be unchecked if your getting errors but check to make sure its unchecked.

Once you have the rpt, open it with notepad, copy it all and paste it here

https://justpaste.it/

publish it and then share the link here.

If anything we can fix the script issues, the errors with code we can fix too but it depends what it is.

So what scenario is it that your trying to play that is getting these errors, something you created yourself, or you subbed too, if you

subbed to it, can you link it?

17 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Welcome to Bi Forums!

Better to just fix the scenario and learn from it and then not have to deal with issues like this.

Start with the scripts not being found, now if the scripts are actually not in the mission folder then thats one thing, but if thier there

then all you need to do is make sure that the code used to call the script is correct basically making sure the name of the script is correct,

and if its in a folder then you have to add the line in there for that.

If you want to remove the script entirely then you need to locate the file, or asset in the editor that would have the code.

So it could be an asset in the editor, or it could be one of the script files in the mission folder, either a init.sqf, interplayerlocal.sqf,

initserver.sqf or another that is initiating the script.

What we need to know is the exact errors that you are getting, and the way to do that is to get the rpt, so run the scenario through mp lan

and then once you get the error, then grab the rpt from here ----> C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

the rpt will be like a notepad document with rpt at the end of the title.

Make sure that you have [ ] No logs unchecked in the Arma 3 launcher parameters when you do this or you wont get a full rpt, it should

be unchecked if your getting errors but check to make sure its unchecked.

Once you have the rpt, open it with notepad, copy it all and paste it here

https://justpaste.it/

publish it and then share the link here.

If anything we can fix the script issues, the errors with code we can fix too but it depends what it is.

So what scenario is it that your trying to play that is getting these errors, something you created yourself, or you subbed too, if you

subbed to it, can you link it?

Me and few people making scenarios for our unit. We using mods (100+) and some of them causing problems like this. And you probably understand that checking every mod is really pain in ass even if there is error i should unpack pbo's fix problem inside mods and then repack them
This causing a lot of problems, because i don't really have time to check every mod and scenario on errors, so i just wanna know is there is command that can make dedicated server pass through scenario with errors like that.
As i said, i remember that i've seen command like this somewhere around. Maybe im just having kinda mandela effect

No need to quote my whole post, just reply, or quote specific points to reply too.

Some points to keep in mind when working with servers, mods and missions:

1. Most mods may have an error or some, or none but regardless they should work without them making your server kick

you out of your mission. But this brings me to my point below before you put a mod on a dedicated.

2. Always test mods by themselves with a test mission to be sure they do what their built to do, and

that they do not conflict with your mission or crash it before putting it on a dedicated.

3. Test mods together before you put them on a dedicated, so combining certain mods, like 2 weapon mods, or two ore more mods that add gameplay functions

like ace and hero's mod may conflict because they both change medical aspects of the same thing, so you need to know what mods do before you start combining them.

Knowing what mods do and actually testing them (also look for compatibility files) will help you decide if a mod should be used with another or not.

4. Create command-line profiles or presets of mods for specific missions, unlike many newcomers to arma whom come to the forum here and complain that

their server is crashing, or the fps is terrible or they got this or that error and come to find out their running 70-120+mods for a single mission

is my very point why you shouldn't do that and create mod profiles/presets or basically a command-line for mods for missions that require those specific mods.

Trust me when i say this, it will eliminate the headache of wondering why a mission dont even start on your server if you just

eliminate all those mods not needed that are not actually being used for a scenario.

Other then some gameplay mods, if a scenario only requires say CUP vehicles and weapons, then dont also run all the RHS mods on top of it, unless

your using arsenal and want to have access to RHS weapons and such, it depends on your intent in your mission.

Eliminate the mod fluff and you eliminate alot of the issues you may deal with.

5. Scenarios aka missions, if a mission has a script error stating your missing a script, it may or may not allow you to load that mission

on the server it depends on what it does, missing script errors are easy to fix, if you dont know how to fix it then you can always come to the forum here

but ideally you want to fix those before you put that scenario on your dedicated and start playing with a ton of mods with it.

So test your missions with the bare minimum of what that mission requires (mods) to make sure no errors like script or syntax errors are coming up,

always refer to your rpt which can be found here to get the full error C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

6. As for when a mission is on a dedicated with mods loaded and you want to bypass errors coming up, as said be sure to fix everything like script

errors or what have you prior to putting it on the server for missions, mods your not going to be able to fix unless its a matter of a compatibility problem.

In general if a mission is not loading on the server then there are a few things with that:

1. Missing mods - check your server's command-line to be sure all mods are spelled correctly, and no mods are missing.

2. Corrupt mods (not fully uploaded, impartial file size) so compare notes, if mod A is 100mb and the mod B on your server is 90mb then you need to reupload.

3. Script errors from a mission - (fix these before you put them on the server)

Theres more to this but in general thats the basics.

Server.cfg & RPT

In the server's Server.cfg is the main components that provide information, and command what the server

does, loads, and function for some things.

One thing you can do is turn off the server logs which is basically the server's RPT, this will or at least should most of the

time eliminate errors showing up, and it will also stop the logs from getting to big as when the rpt on a dedicated get into the GB's

it may start eating up your ram or resources which effects performance.

The way to turn off the logs is to open up your server.cfg and look for the following

timeStampFormat = "full";

Set that full to none ---->   timeStampFormat = "none"; 

and it will turn off the logs, you'll still get a log but it wont be fed into, it works just like client side aspect of the rpt.

Even if you do that there is no guarantee that it will fix your issue of being kicked, because if you dont fix the mission issues then no amount of

workaround or tweaking of server parameters will fix the problem with your mission.

For more information on server.cfg see the wiki there can be other things to look at too, even server scripting

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Server_Config_File

Verify Signatures

Last aspect is, if the server is for your unit, group or squad only and its not meant for the public, then

put a password on the server, turn off BE (battleye) turn off the logs unless you have issues, and lastly

turn off verify signatures  which is this ----> verifySignatures = 2;

change that 2 to 0 (zero) this will turn off signature checks for mods, because if a mod isn't signed theres a

good chance the server may kick you.

============

Start with those things and go from there, if you need more help im here everyday or others can help too.

If you have script errors with your mission then i need to see the full error from your rpt, then we can tell you how to fix them

and once those issues for your mission is solved then you'll have more success with it and mods on your server.

Stick to the basics, keep it simple, more isn't better most especially with Arma, Cheers!