belgerot

Launcher isn't downloading subscribed mods

Since Dec. 2nd I can't see newly subscribed workshop items appearing in my Arma 3 Launcher.
In Steam, everything under Workshop Items » Arma 3 » Workshop Items looks right, and I can verify the items are downloaded to Drive:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\
but nothing appears in Drive:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop (hidden folder) nor in A3 Launcher.

Same goes for if I download any missing dependencies; Steam shows them as subscribed, they appear in the workshop\content folder but not in the launcher.

The only change I've made recently was to unwatch the main Arma 3 folder in the launcher, which stopped automatically adding "local folders" and removed the green notification each time I'd run it.
Updates to what's present in the mods list work fine.

Could it be that the drive is a dynamic partition comprised of two separate 1TB SSDs?
Any input is appreciated 😀

Edit: I completely reinstalled A3 and the issue persists. I've tried clearing the download cache in Steam, doing a few other workarounds to no avail.
Does anyone know where the Launcher data is saved? Is it tied to my A3 profile folder?

On 12/5/2022 at 12:13 AM, belgerot said:

Since Dec. 2nd I can't see newly subscribed workshop items appearing in my Arma 3 Launcher.
In Steam, everything under Workshop Items » Arma 3 » Workshop Items looks right, and I can verify the items are downloaded to Drive:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\107410\
but nothing appears in Drive:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop (hidden folder) nor in A3 Launcher.

Same goes for if I download any missing dependencies; Steam shows them as subscribed, they appear in the workshop\content folder but not in the launcher.

The only change I've made recently was to unwatch the main Arma 3 folder in the launcher, which stopped automatically adding "local folders" and removed the green notification each time I'd run it.
Updates to what's present in the mods list work fine.

Could it be that the drive is a dynamic partition comprised of two separate 1TB SSDs?
Any input is appreciated 😀

Edit: I completely reinstalled A3 and the issue persists. I've tried clearing the download cache in Steam, doing a few other workarounds to no avail.
Does anyone know where the Launcher data is saved? Is it tied to my A3 profile folder?

I have same issue, I thought I may have reached a Mod limit so started unsubscribing in Steam but Launcher still thinks I am subscribed and lists them all as corrupted, very rough at the moment

That's really odd, I have a suspicion that it's something to do with the A3 launcher folder nestled in AppData and how it speaks to Steam. I tried another clean re-install after removing said folder and ended up with an empty mod list in the launcher, despite having almost 600 gb sitting in Drive:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\workshop\content\.
I'll post a new topic under Steam and will share any progress, hopefully it will help you out as well.

I assume something changed on steam side. I cannot reproduce the issue.

Can you try subscribing to an item/reproducing the problem, and then sending me the launcher logfiles in

%localappdata%/Arma 3 Launcher/Logs

?
Maybe there is something in there.
Either upload it somewhere, maybe pastebin (make sure to set expiration to like, a week), or send it to me via Discord, you'll find me in the #arma3_launcher channel.

Careful, the log files might contain your windows username.

I think I got what I needed from the logs. Something on Steam side is indeed failing which has never failed before.

Due to a bug in the Launcher it doesn't retry after failing, but as restarting the Launcher seems to not be solving the problem I don't think retrying will help much.

Test build for that is in discord. Not much we can do about Valve changing their systems and their API failing due to "internal error"

• Thanks 1

Thanks man, sent you a dm on there. There's a few others reporting a similar issue on Steam, let me know if you want me to direct them to do the same if you find something in the logs.

Update:

We figured out what's going on.

It looks like, end of last week, Valve added a limit of 1000 items to a API method that we use.

If you have more than 1000 subscribed workshop items it will now just fail and not even tell us what's wrong.

We will implement a workaround, See #arma3_launcher channel on discord.gg/arma to stay updated.

• Thanks 2

Awesome, thank you for taking a look at this! 🏆

A fix should now be available via RC-Branch: 

• Thanks 2

On 12/9/2022 at 3:22 AM, Dedmen said:

Update:

We figured out whta's going on.

It looks like, end of last week, Valve added a limit of 1000 items to a API method that we use.

If you have more than 1000 subscribed workshop items it will now just fail and not even tell us what's wrong.

We will implement a workaround, See #arma3_launcher channel on discord.gg/arma to stay updated.

has this problem come back? I am using version 1.5.150968 of the launcher and its not syncing mods. They are downloading to the "107410" with their mod id folder names but the junction link name is not linking to !Workshop folder