Sign in to follow this  
Corona

Radeon 9500 pro

Hi

yesterday finally the postmen deliverded my new videocard.I installed it,and played ofp the whole evening.Today i d/l the latest driver,and now i cannot play anymore!!  crazy.gif .It crashes to my desktop!!I pass all dxdiag tests,no problems found.What could it be??The last driver from ati??I ask this because on this forum the lead programmer said : D/l the latest video driver,but thats i think the problem

My specs:

AMD xp 2200+

point of view radeon 9500 pro 128 mb

512 mb kingston pc 2700

msi KT3 ultra mobo

win 2000 sp3 with all updates

and some other stuff.

Plz help,because i love this game.

clanpage: http://bbe.guts.nl

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister Frag @ Feb. 25 2003,22:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Try running the Preferences program and using the Autodetect button.<span id='postcolor'>

Did that,not working at all sad.gif

They are customised drivers based on the catalyst 3.1's. I first used the Omega drivers when i had severe problems with another game and ATI original drivers, switched to Omega, boom sorted.....

I got a 9700 (not pro) and it works just fine with OFP.

Hmmmm,

i had to format again crazy.gif ,but i think that i can play now biggrin.gif .I can get further now,no crash to desktop anymore.I suggest that if u are have problems like these,do a complete format,install windows or linux,get all the updates & latest drivers,use norton windocter for the problems(regkeys that are no longer in use) and then u install OFP

good luck!!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ViperCheese @ Feb. 25 2003,23:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">is that the new catalyst 3.1 driver from ati? i have the same problem exept my computer restarts.<span id='postcolor'>

Go to control panel>system>startup & Recovery. Turn off "automatically restart" under "system failure". Now instead of rebooting, you will get a nice BSOD instead.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FallenPaladin @ Feb. 26 2003,00:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I hope you guys find a solution, because I want to buy a Radeon too, but if it doesn`t work with OFP correctly...  mad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yep. I was hoping on a Geforce FX, but with that vacuum cleaner attached to it and the ridiculous price, I'm either going to get a Radeon or a Geforce 4.