Zjajo

Reforger Discussion

I just watched the latest ArmA Reforger Trailer and also viewed the previous ones. The discussion I want to start is....Why does it seem like the graphics in ArmA Reforger are still a couple generations behind the mainstream "milsims"? I mean, I play a lot of military video games. I'm also two years out of a 20yr enlistment... I really want this game to set the PACE for others in the same genre but the graphics are so 2016 still. I have 7800hrs in ArmA 3 alone(not including ArmA 2:OpArrowhead). I get that Reforger is NOT the new ArmA, but if these graphics look anything like the "New" ArmA... don't bother. The real question is.....What is going to be different and what will be new?

I understand your questions, but probably nothing fundamental will change in the gameplay or graphics. Those days are over, unfortunately. The future game (ArmA 4) will only be relevant for a minority, as a sandbox.

There is too much missing, you can't list it all, it would take several pages. 😞

Reforger shows that we get here more or less an ArmA 3.5 - with meaningful improvements, but missing innovations. The graphics would not even be of great importance - if at least the basic framework, such as physics and technology were implemented more extensively.

Just one example:

If the local power supply is destroyed, the power must also fail. In turn, energy should also be available again for everyone after repair. 

This part alone would generate a lot of missions and contribute to a comprehensible gameplay. Immersion, baby.

I'm sure the community would have hundreds more examples, and we can't mention them all. 

#1 Graphical improvement: Lighting and distant shadows, this needs to be a server-side setting because it makes a huge difference in ability to spot things

#1 Graphical feature missing: Distant grass and foilage, maybe they can make it sprite based with like 5-7 LOD's or something, but it absolutely needs to be something that renders at very large distances (Same as objects) to prevent infantry or vehicles parked in the bushes from sticking out like a sore-thumb 

On 8/25/2022 at 11:45 PM, Zjajo said:

Why does it seem like the graphics in ArmA Reforger are still a couple generations behind the mainstream "milsims"

Not to be sarcastic - but what other mainstream mil-sims? You mean the ones that dont have AI or the ones that are just vehicle only?