Hello,

i noticed reforger saves mod under mydocuments in my windows folder. Feeding up my drive and online backup space. is there any way to change it?

4 hours ago, Joshua Gullion said:

Where do you enter that at though? Command Prompt? or something in the game?

It's a startup parameter. Couple of options here but setting it in Steam should be the easiest for you. See Set Launch Options section of this article:

https://help.steampowered.com/en/faqs/view/7D01-D2DD-D75E-2955

and put -addonsDir D:\DownloadedMods in the field. Obviously, make sure the path you enter there actually exists on your hard drive.

Alternatively, you can make a shortcut of ArmaReforgerSteam.exe, right-click on it >> properties and add that to the end of Target field. You may need to put the path or both in quotes.

Finally, you could also use a batch script to run the game with startup parameters. I made a post about it not that long ago for Arma 3, you can try to adopt that for your needs.

FYI for clarification because it's not quite clear for some and perhaps someone might have meant one over the other in this post.
You need to use the switch -addonDownloadDir not -addonsDir.
The first will force the location of Download and Detection of mods and Workshop content in a custom directory.

-addonDownloadDir D:\DownloadedMods

You do not need to add an "addons" folder in the line above -addonDownloadDir will create one.
As stated before, make sure the location exists and your mods are copied over.

Note on this as I had 20GB of mods to move. Go ahead and copy the addons folder in .\Documents\My Games\ArmaReforger\ to your destination and it will then have an addons location in the new directory. 
As an example when copying .\Documents\My Games\ArmaReforger\addons to (using example destination) D:\DownloadedMods, it should now have an addons folder there. This is key in detecting the mods you already downloaded.

Fire up the game, then it will state it needs to sync the mods in the directory. Then after sync you will be good to go!

Edited by NutzMcKracken
Correction, Update, and Clarification

On 2/7/2024 at 2:15 PM, NutzMcKracken said:

FYI for clarification because it's not quite clear for some and perhaps someone might have meant one over the other in this post.
You need to use the switch -addonDownloadDir not -addonsDir.
The first will force the location of Download and Detection of mods and Workshop content in a custom directory.

-addonDownloadDir D:\DownloadedMods

You do not need to add an "addons" folder in the line above -addonDownloadDir will create one.
As stated before, make sure the location exists and your mods are copied over.

Note on this as I had 20GB of mods to move. Go ahead and copy the addons folder in .\Documents\My Games\ArmaReforger\ to your destination and it will then have an addons location in the new directory. 
As an example when copying .\Documents\My Games\ArmaReforger\addons to (using example destination) D:\DownloadedMods, it should now have an addons folder there. This is key in detecting the mods you already downloaded.

Fire up the game, then it will state it needs to sync the mods in the directory. Then after sync you will be good to go!

This doesnt work. My game is still redownloading the same mods over and over and over. This actually seems to break the mod directory entirely for whatever reason. I can leave them in C and they work but cause a memory leak after around 15 minutes of play. With this method I get about 45 minutes before a memory leak but once I restart the game it wants to redownload all mods again. Im not sure whats going on with this program but it seems clear at this point the code behind it is entirely broken to the point of inconsistency.

Have you allow listed the program with any AV products and excluded common directories? It sounds more like your AV is blocking things. Also allow the program through your firewall.

Mods work fine for me and many others. Sounds like you have something local going on.

4 hours ago, NutzMcKracken said:

Have you allow listed the program with any AV products and excluded common directories? It sounds more like your AV is blocking things. Also allow the program through your firewall.

Mods work fine for me and many others. Sounds like you have something local going on.

Yes. After allowing in firewall and antivirus, everything started working fine.