Spoock

Gamepad control and inventory

When I look at the control of the Xbox version, why the authors do not try to use the circle menu for consoles like games such as Red Dead Redemption, Horizon Forbidden West.
Many more options for playing with equipment, much faster for many other things with weapons. Many groundbreaking actions with shortcuts on the controller can be applied to this menu.
To my taste, the current state of control is terribly unintuitive and could be a big problem for ordinary console players.

• Like 3

this is the reason for what AR is released as an Alpha and as The Road to Arma 4.

BI has not much experience on xbox and they try to get such feedback to get an overview of better solutions to implement such thing in Arma 4 ( or maybe in Arma Reforger as well).

Its just a playground for the devs to get data and feedback of how the things are running.

Therefore, I assume BI appreciates your feedback (and that of others) and will take it into consideration even if they may not answer here.

• Like 3

It’s difficult to map a PC game to controller but after a few plays I feel it gets more intuitive. 
It’s much more fiddly than any console game but it’s not terrible by any means imo. 

• Like 2

my only complaint about the controller layout is free look.

Pushing down on right stick is damn near impossible to use, it should either be push down on left stick or lb (like days)

On 6/3/2022 at 12:01 PM, Spoock said:

When I look at the control of the Xbox version, why the authors do not try to use the circle menu for consoles like games such as Red Dead Redemption, Horizon Forbidden West.
Many more options for playing with equipment, much faster for many other things with weapons. Many groundbreaking actions with shortcuts on the controller can be applied to this menu.
To my taste, the current state of control is terribly unintuitive and could be a big problem for ordinary console players.

I'm on Xbox Series X and I agree with what's said here. there's nothing intuitive about the xbox controller. press for example, on the right stick to look around, it's just not possible... allow console players to set up button mapping please! make an action wheel like on DayZ with shortcuts for items and also weapons thank you.

• Like 1