Sign in to follow this  
Reticuli

Ace 3 now showing as completely outdated even though it's using a version posted to steam 5/24/2022

I don't know how to get a newer version of Ace 3.  The pbos cause Arma 3 errors as being outdated.  I believe I had this problem back in January, which is probably why I lost interest in using Arma for 5 months.

10 hours ago, Reticuli said:

errors

It would be easier to help you if you shared the exact errors you are getting.

It changes depending on which pbo I delete.  File X.pbo is outdated.  If no ACE pbos have been removed by me, the first one is usually GUI or AI ACE pbo error being outdated, though.  I had to delete all of the following one by one, restart Arma, before it stopped giving me errors, and of course then next time I let Steam run it's going to replace these again:

ace_field_rations.pbo ace_fortify.pbo ace_headless.pbo ace_intelitems.pbo ace_medical.pbo ace_medical_ai.pbo ace_medical_blood.pbo ace_medical_damage.pbo ace_medical_engine.pbo ace_medical_feedback.pbo ace_medical_gui.pbo ace_medical_statemachine.pbo ace_medical_status.pbo ace_medical_treatment pbo ace_medical_vitals.pbo ace_sitting.pbo ace_viewrestriction.pbo ace_volume.pbo 

Of course, I'd like to actually have things like ACE medical, though.

Don't delete files to fix errors. 

Get everything installed. Run Arma until you get the error. Close Arma. Find your most recent .rpt file (it will be in %localappdata%\Arma 3). Upload that file to pastebin.com or any similar site, then link it here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All of this is of course assuming you're subscribed to the official ACE workshop files, rather than some janky third-party unofficial (and hence, probably outdated) upload...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jackal326 said:

All of this is of course assuming you're subscribed to the official ACE workshop files, rather than some janky third-party unofficial (and hence, probably outdated) upload...

It's the official version off Steam, which is the same as the official ACE3 site. 

I just created a custom folder of that Ace and will manually load it when necessary in the future.  In the meantime, I have just allowed Steam to go back online and validate/update all those files that I deleted from the original ACE folder.

Errors aren't happening with just full Ace3 and CBA.

I started adding mods back, and I think it's aceWarlords causing most of these issues now.  There are a few benign errors remaining, but they don't appear related to Ace:  MGTesting requires rhs_main, iteminfo.scope, hitpointsprotectioninfo.scope, AIsettingsV3.hpp not found, and one other that escapes me at the moment... Donut Fatbursts?

Sounds like you aren't running mods that are required by other mods which is of course going to give you errors...

9 hours ago, Reticuli said:

iteminfo.scope, hitpointsprotectioninfo.scope

...and old, outdated and/or poorly coded mods...

I suspect some of these remaining benign errors are not from ordinary addon mods but missions that have dependencies.  For instance, I don't have anything called MGTesting.

If only there were some way for us to see what was going on.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Reticuli said:

I suspect some of these remaining benign errors are not from ordinary addon mods but missions that have dependencies.  For instance, I don't have anything called MGTesting.

If the mission had a dependancy upon an addon you didn't have, you wouldn't be able to play it...

You MUST have that addon installed for it to throw the error. Keep in mind that name is the cfgAddons name written in the config and not necessarily the PBO name as not all content authors have the sense to have a naming convention when it comes to the stuff they release...

As @Harzach was eluding to you could try looking at your RPT which is the unwritten common-sense approach when you're getting errors left, right and centre. It is basically a log of the games config errors and such and will give a much more clear indication as to what you've broken by smashing mods together. If you can't make heads or tails of it you can try posting a link to it here (not the whole thing, it'll give people retinal-cancer).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jackal326 said:

you can try posting a link to it here

And feel free to follow the instructions I posted for you on Friday.

• Like 1

The only error regarding ACE I see is that you aren't loading the compat file for RH pistols. 

Another thing I see is the wild assortment and vast number of mods being loaded that are not relevant to the mission you are trying to play. Always loading every mod is not how Arma works. Try just loading the required mods, then start adding additional mods you want to use in the scenario in a logical manner.

• Like 1