Sign in to follow this  
SGTKOPP

What ever happen to the ch53

where is the CH53 Is scopio still making this or what? crazy.gif

An addon like that would take a while to complete, so I'm not surprised it still isn't realeased.

That's unless all the buttmonkeys who insulted him put him off finishing it. mad.gif

it looks almost done it looks great estimated release date? Please i love the choppers smile.gifsmile.gif

It still has some bugs. The handling needs to be fixed and the stairs are untextured on the inside of the craft. You can also see through the windows when rotors are turning... I have no idea of a release date. You'd have to ask Scorpio.

No release date as of yet...but maybe I'm trying to get it out soon, but its not a promise.

Vektorboson is very busy at the moment and I'm waiting for him to send me the scripts so we can finish off the scripting area. I'm currently working on the flare system apart from the chaff. After that Cpt.Moore/Adammo is going to work his majic on it. wink.gif

[EDIT] I'll try to keep you guys updated.

Is that one of those things nicknamed "Jolly Green Giant" , like from the vietnam era???

No, chris but they do look almost the same.

I make that mistake sometimes...

Jolly Green Giant (CH-3)

hh-3e-dvic311.jpg

CH-53

ch-53e-dvic305.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ Feb. 17 2003,21:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No, chris but they do look almost the same.

I make that mistake sometimes...

Jolly Green Giant (CH-3)

hh-3e-dvic311.jpg

CH-53

ch-53e-dvic305.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Actually Chris was right, and you were too, both the HH-3E and the HH-53 flew "Jolly Green" missions rescuing downed pilots, the HH-53's were known as "Super Jolly Green Giants":

HH-53%20Jolly%20Green.jpg

boxart_HH53C_italeri.jpg

Experimenting with some different paint schemes...  smile.gif

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/OFP/ch53_j.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sam.adham/OFP/ch_53j2.jpg

And here is theMH-53E Seadragon ... I'm not happy with it yet...It still needs a lot of work.

Plus I've started with Cpt.Moore on the MH-53J Pavelow III. We've got a model, and textures are being made. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mattmayhem @ Feb. 19 2003,01:20)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You know if you make it in super jolly green textures you "have" to add a minigun smile.gif .<span id='postcolor'>

It would be nice and easier and better to borrow minigun from BAS CH-47... reasons:

~ It's already done

~ It works nice

~ It is better to keep same weapons look same way and work same way in each addon - just for realism puproses :]

Thanks, Onn...it will be discussed. I havn't heard anything from vektorboson for some time...he's very busy - looks like it'll have to be delayed due to scripts. sad.gif

I believe that the CH53 was developed from the CH3. Both had the same role in Vietnam. I agree about the Pavelow though, it would go well with BAS's upcoming SEAL's etc....

I dont think SEALs would go on far inland missions would they? Also they have HH-60H's that probably have in flight refueling capabilities, either way BAS is developing a range of H-53's for the units, i wont say any more though as this is scorpios thread

The Navy has them venturing pretty far in in Afghanistan. I know they are using MH53's for transport over there, but it could be because of the high altitude operating environment. The Pavelow is gonna be a hell of a lot more reliable up in the thin air than some of the other birds.

Apparently the SEAL's performed really badly in afghanistan compared to the other USSOCOM forces out there, although, thats completely neither here nor there....anyhoo...

Thats a shame, I was wondering why they were even sent. SEAL's kinda get a little freaked out when there isn't an ocean to ingress, egress from. They go to the water when things get rough for them and Afghanistan isn't exactly beachfront property.