EricR

Play Argo in 2022

Hello,

Good news! There is a simple way to skip the Main Menu of the game,
and by the same time the login verification that was giving the error message "Unable to Connect to Bohemia Interactive Servers 0x2001".

After a discussion with members of the community about using the Direct Connect launch option,
to join directly hosted servers by using the connect and port parameters to launch the game,
I decided to try the setupHost parameters instead and it worked really easily while giving more freedom to the player
by giving back access to the 3den Editor, the Server Browser and Self-Hosting. (Mostly skipping the Main Menu).

> Here is a simple tutorial and demo <

↓↓↓  DO NOT WORK ANYMORE ↓↓↓ Last update October 14th 2023

New to Argo or it is not in your library,
here is How to Install Unlisted games on Steam (deleted, removed).
↑↑↑  DO NOT WORK ANYMORE ↑↑↑
Argo have been completely removed from Steam, making it "impossible" to add it to your Steam's library.

Possible downsides

Spoiler

- Navigation through the menus can be confusing for some (Editor, Server Browser, Hosting).
- No Single Player (Can be played in MP but solo in LAN).
- Your in-game name will be (not 100% sure) the first name you've entered for your BI Account (No more GUESTS).
- No access to the Armory (No more custom loadout).

Navigation

Spoiler

- When the game start, whatever you want to play solo or host you must click the OK button when you're done with the hosting settings,
  otherwise you'll get redirected to the Main Menu (login).

- After you clicked OK (from Mission Selection menu),
  - For playing / hosting -> just select your mission.
  - For the Editor -> Select "New - 3D Editor" at the top of the mission list.
  - For the Server Browser, click on Back.

Game progression and Armory aren't working anymore, so the default game modes will only let you choose from basic default loadouts.
I've made the PvE (Combat Patrol) game mode as a pack, which let you add your script to it (e.g. Arsenal box to pick and creates loadouts on the fly in-game).
You can find the "Custom Combat Patrol" game mode here: Customizable Combat Patrol game mode
And a tutorial on how to add a Virtual Arsenal box following there: Add Virtual Arsenal (loadouts)

Have fun and happy new year guys 😄

Edited by EricR
updated info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To continue to play Argo online... Follow the instructions in the Video .

and launch the game Argo normally in 32 or 64 bits.

The game must be present in your library...(follow eric's video)

Thanks to Eric for the Tuto...And U-Again 🙂

• Like 1

strange, when i put in the setupHost in the launch options, i still get the login screen en can't get passed it.

Any additional things i should do to get it working?

Hello @Devisius,

Nothing else to do. Just make sure it is spelled correctly and as in the video with the "-" included.

Hope this could help you

• Like 1

Hello guys,

Since a few months or so, it seems that people that don't already have Argo in their Library are now unbale to add it using the Steam's Support trick.

I unfortunately believe that Argo have been completely removed from Steam, making it "impossible" to add it to your Steam's library anymore.
Even the FREE games come with a unique CD Key when they are added to our library, binding our Steam Account to Argo... so without that CD Key, it mostly impossible to start the game,
even if you have all the files required to run the game.

That was probably a demand from Bohemia directly to remove the "archive". I don't see why some older games would still be available through the Support of Steam, but not Argo anymore.

Sorry for the bad news and I wish best for the last Argo's Survivors.