Sign in to follow this  
theavonlady

The swordfish trilogy mission pack

I've just released a 3-mission pack of King 6's classic missions, Swordfish I, II and III, fully enhanced and corrected and to run with any version of OFP, from 1.30 and up. Even if you already have these missions, you should consider adding these renditions to your collection.

For all the details about the new Swordfish Trilogy Mission Pack, go over to its review page in the MOM section at The FAQ

smile.gif

All I can say people is:

DOWNLOAD NOW, AND PLAY ASAP.

The original missions were very good, now even more polished by Avon Lady. A have must!!

Thanks Avon, I already played the 1.1 version of Swordfish I and it works flawlessly. I'm now on the next one.

nice work and mucho credit to the original author.

1 problem i have with all winter nogojev maps is 'missing addon kegssoldierwg36a' the missions always work but i seem to miss the intros because of this though.

any ideas?

Delete all files that are specified in the readme of kegetys Winter Nogojev. Be very sure that you delete ALL the files he stated there. Read carefully! I solved the problem this way for me.

Sometimes when the error message is telling you missing addon "......" in reality you have not to add an addon but you have to delete an addon because it causes conflicts with newer/other versions of this addon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sinister[tnuC] @ Feb. 15 2003,00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1 problem i have with all winter nogojev maps is 'missing addon kegssoldierwg36a' the missions always work but i seem to miss the intros because of this though.

any ideas?<span id='postcolor'>

Did Kroky's solution work for you?

The kegssoldierwg36a is indeed the name of an addon within the older Winter Kolgujev Island addon.

I produced the Swordfish Mission Pack using an isolated mod folder, first for Winter Kolgujev, then for Winter Nogojev.

Testing all missions and cutscenes in the packed PBOs, I found no errors about missing addons.

Let us know if you've resolved the problem. smile.gif

yep, its all fixed, i had Island.pbo hiding in there tounge.gif thnx

swordfish3 is intense, i spent about an hour on the side of the mountain, before the ammo dump, fighting wave after wave of troops and some tanks. finally completed it and got back to the evac point and had forgotten to blow the heli, DOH hahah. i wasnt going back for it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sinister[tnuC] @ Feb. 15 2003,00:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">nice work and mucho credit to the original author.<span id='postcolor'>

Sadly, I don't think he's around anymore.

I BCC'd King 6 when I emailed out a notice of the pack to M.O.M. subscribers.

His is a HOTMAIL address. I didn't get back an unknown recipient error from HOTMAIL. So either he hasn't accessed the account recently, chose to ignore it or the account is owned by someone else now who decided not to play the imposter. tounge.gif

I like the look of these but after downloading all the addons from your site, I found that the Ebud Seal addon will not work. I cannot extract the zip file, nor can I look into the zipped file. The virus scan says that it either doesnt exist or requires higher privlidedges to access?? Can you help me with this I couldn't find the addon anywhere else wink.gif

Perhaps the zip file got corrupted during download, try downloading again with or without an addon manager (dependant on how you downloaded it the first time) smile.gif

Bugger, unfortunately I also tried to download it from OFPEC, but still no luck, I was thinking that maybe something in my system doesn't like it. oh BTW placebo what is an addon manager? I'm still learning net lingo.

http://www.planetrainbowsix.com/atwar....od_name

Hope it works cause I had same dl problem on three other sites.

It's been a while for me and I'm doing a new install of Flashpoint dif computer, and wondering if there is an easier way. Trying to catch up with all the add-ons and what folders Res or main makes it hard to get any playing time.

I haven't checked out the Avon page yet to day but I’m sure to end up there again.

Easier for me to whine before researching. Sorry

Oh yeah noticed All seeing EYE didn’t have filter for e190 v what’s with that

Could someone post if the Game Spy DL of Ebuds SEAL UNIT works for Sword fish. I'm not sure if I want to join Game Spy agian.

Why do you need so many different addons?

It takes a life time to find all of them.

Maybe it's a good trilogy but with all these different addons it's a bad mission pack.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Llauma @ Feb. 19 2003,03:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why do you need so many different addons?

It takes a life time to find all of them.<span id='postcolor'>

Hmmmmmmmmmm............

Scroll down the pack's review page at MOM and you'll have all the direct download links you need.

Did you miss that? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Maybe it's a good trilogy but with all these different addons it's a bad mission pack.<span id='postcolor'>

Like I said, these are the original missions by King 6. I just adjusted them for all the latest versions of OFP.

Is there any chance of you updating the pack to use the new BAS rangers in place of the older STE rangers? smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister 5 @ Feb. 19 2003,23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there any chance of you updating the pack to use the new BAS rangers in place of the older STE rangers? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The thought crossed my mind and the person who emailed the idea to me.

It could be he's working on it. I'll check.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ Feb. 19 2003,23:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister 5 @ Feb. 19 2003,23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is there any chance of you updating the pack to use the new BAS rangers in place of the older STE rangers? smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The thought crossed my mind and the person who emailed the idea to me.

It could be he's working on it. I'll check.<span id='postcolor'>

Someone is indeed working on converting the Swordfish Trilogy Mission Pack to use BAS' Rangers instead of STE's older ones.

Watch this space. smile.gif

bad news i'm afraid chief i still can't get them to work from that refeshed dl you mentioned. I haven't tried the @war sit eyet though. Let me know if you find a fix these missions sound gr8, even if I wont be able to play them for a bit tounge.gif

***Update

Nope tried the @war site too same thing happened. Does give me an interesting oppurtunity to use this new smilie though crazy.gifcrazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (chris330 @ Feb. 21 2003,01:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">bad news i'm afraid chief i still can't get them to work from that refeshed dl you mentioned.<span id='postcolor'>

Soemthing's wrong with your setup or system.

Is your problem that the PBO can't be extracted from the ZIP file? If so, if you have any sort of download manager running, disable it and download again.

Did you check your PC for viruses? Did you scan your disk for errors?

Could well be right I give the system a seeing too right now and try again later. Indeed I cannot extract anything from the zipped file. I'll let you know what happens after i have sorted my machine out wink.gif

Nope I virus scanned and defragged to make sure. i have used Netscape and Iexplore and still cannot get that addon to download. All the others have worked fine and they were downloaded at the same time as the seal addon. Any more ideas??

I just downloaded the file from The FAQ's FileFront link, using GetRight. I can open the file and extarct everything.

Something's wrong with your system.

I would suggest scanning the disk for errors. I would also recommend getting the last release of AdAware and its spyware reference file and checking your PC for spyware that might somehow be interfering with your downloads.

You might want to uninstall and reinstall WinZip. You should have the latest version, 8.1.

Otherwise, I have no idea.

You were absolutely correct. I couldn't find the scandisk feature so I presumed that it was automatic. This is not so for Windows Xp. I had to search with some help from my dad to find a new function called Check Disk. This resolved the issue, as obviously something to do with the download facilities was residing in a bad sector on this system. Thanks for your help now I can play the missions!!! wink.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gif