Arnes Beganovic

Randomness in Vigor is getting killed

I will get to the point with loot and latest update that ruined loot but let me make small introduction. I write this from the bottom of my hart because I love this game and do not want it killed...

What I liked with Vigor, was it's randomness. Everything could happen just as in real life. You could get tricked, fooled, cheated, or outsmart or outplayed. And that's OK. I get pissed when someone kills me at the exit, of form the bush, I hate the game at that moment but at the end of the day, it's fun. It's Vigor. One bad day, one good day. But from season to season this randomness is getting killed. People complain about something and devs adjust that thing by killing randomness. You make it more and more predictable and that kills the game. Can you please stop listen to people complaining about injustice... Vigor is randomness and that's best part of it. There were so many ways of playing this game and that was making it fun. Someone wants to snipe people. It takes sniper and jump to some roof and do it. But no, you made glint and now nobody snipes like that. I never sniped but I like the feeling that I could be sniped. We had bush campers and then mortars were made to stop camping. Now, that's gone as well. Good. I never camp but I am OK with people that do. Then number of consumables were limited. Someone could bring 10 ports and that was OK. So what! That's the way they want to play. I brought bombs because I like them. It costs me 50.000 materials and I liked it that way. But now we can not do it like that. Everything is limited, there is no randomness to expect.

I noticed as well that from season to season, there is less and less loot. Loot places. We had a lot of houses with rich loot, some hidden spots, but now it's gone. It takes ages to collect 20.000 wire to finish shelter. It takes 400 games to do that. Sometimes, I just want to have loot game. Not possible because all loot is in safe, time safe or container. What is sad here is that this game is supposed to be shoot and loot but it's only shoot. And it's boring. No place for tactics. Only direct fight. That's the only way to play a game. Go into encounter, see where container is, fight and die or go out. Do not go to the roof because it's impossible. Do not go inside a house, bush and do not go to loot because there are no loot places.

Now to the point. Loot is poor af after this Halloween update. It's just 30-40% of what it was and that is sooooo sad. I played Forest until this week and could go out with 20k loot. Not now. Now it's 8000 and I need to run from top to the bottom. So there is no point to play for the loot. I just wander how new player will finish it's shelter. I am experienced player with cca 3800 encounters (not in top 100 but still a lot) and I have two more things to finish a shelter. I need a lot of wire and it was already hard to do it, but now it's even harder. I understand that people should boost a lobby and I do it but it's just poor. Not worth playing. 

It's not even loot that bothers me. It's lack of randomness that does it. I just know that after 30 seconds there is actually no way to encounter someone in Sawmill corners because noone is there. Why should be. There is container in the middle, everybody is there killing each other and that's all. If you want to join do it, otherwise, run around collecting your 50 wire. 

What did you do to the game? It was random, now it's predictable. No more people sniping, no more people on the roof, bush, no more exit campers, no more smart games where you outsmart someone or that person does it to you. I want to be outsmarted. I used to clip gameplay when someone kills me and analyze it in order to learn. Last time I clipped was in June. No need. It's all the same now.

Can you please make this game shoot and LOOT again so people run all over the map. Let me find something at the edges of Station. Let me encounter someone at that abandoned place at the north east Station. Let me get killed at the bottom of Forest. Near the tank. Why is picture place always near safe or container? Random duos. Oh, I miss that. Was team killed bunch of times, but that was Vigor. You never knew what is going to happen. Now you know...

I think you get the point. Bring back randomness. The game is getting repetitive. I love this game. Please...

• Like 3

Well just try to enjoy the game while it lasts because they will not bother to bring it back to the fun Vigor (RIP) because its all about how many kills you can get. Forget about finishing up grades on your shelter cause the loot is crap and the game now is see how many kills you get. Sorry 

• Like 3

JUst check when you got killed...   the ratio of a lot of players is incredible..

Yesterday:  the guy has 3244 kills for 1234 game ...  and this is not the only one.  MOre and more from the last 3 month are like that..  So two things: there's a cheat somewhere that I not aware ( very possible ), or there a lot of people that need strong medical stuff to help then to pass over COVID  😉

Bohemia..  it's not my firt post or reply..  you drop the ball to the killing players.  You got a great game etc, but you just drop your base players for the killing one.

RIP Vigor !

Valley used to be loot haven but they gutted it. I have around 3800 encounters played with just under 18million loot value. I busted my butt to finish my shelter,  if I'm willing to take in every port I can and possibly lose them,  that's on me. I was pissed when they limited what I can take in. They only started doing it because of the crybabie noobs. I'm a Founder and have been playing religiously. I used to spend $100+U.S. dollars a month on this game but when they nerfet the SG1 I haven't spent one cent on Vigor. It makes me sad to see a game that was so great cave to the lazy player that wants everything made easier for them.

• Like 1

Few ideas on what can be done to bring back Vigor. I would like to see (and guess many other players) some sort of progression in the game. To have a higher goal. We have a lot of games where you enter encounters to fight and outplay other people by outgunning them. But we do not have game with progression. I played a lot of survivor games that makes you survive for that moment. Like DayZ for example. It's a nice game but pointless. You just run around, loot and shoot. Name any survivor game and you will notice lack of progression. Progression is not the goal, game play is. If you can not play 5 hours in a row it's pointless. I have only 1 hour today, and I would like to save it, build something and continue later on. Another option is to play as long as I can and start over next time. A lot of games took this second approach and Vigor followed with little bit faster tempo. A lot of similar games where you pretend to have final goal and pretend to be hard core but basically cheat by allowing shortcuts. For example: weapon crates are shortcut in Vigor. Old player starts new character, plays  couple of shootouts, gets few bugles, enters encounters to get high KPI and that higher goal. Narrative of a postwar Norway where you build shelter and improve all the time is lost. It was hard before, but now it's even harder. And everybody avoids that with shortcuts. There are more and more players starting to make fun of this version of game. Take example of top 20 killers on PS when they stream. What do they do? Kills everybody and then kills themselves. They do not want to even exit with loot. Nobody collects it because it only makes you heavy. THey do not need because only that matters is weapon and they have a lot of them. No price for weapon. It's devaluated.

So what I would suggest is to create few modes. First one is: builder. In that mode you build your shelter as we did before. You enter encounters with guns created only in shelter and with premises from shelter. No help from weapon crates, no weapon without plans. Just pure progression. It can be upgraded with new stuff like stamina, precision and number of loot spots for character. More kilometers = greater stamina. Better shelter, more loot places. Default is 25 you can increase it to 30 to collect more stuff. etc

Another mode would be arcade mode where you enter encounters way people do it today. Yes, you have all maps available but you put 30 players in it and they can take any weapon they want, and any consumable they want. Let them play arcade game. 

With what we have now, game will have huge play base turnover but no loyal players. Game will have hype when they release something new (like map, season, feature) and will last 3-5 days and die out when those players gets bored. Game is not balanced between shoot and loot. It's most shoot now. It's fine for me, but I do not play it as much as I did. No idea why I write this. Maybe just nostalgia because I invested some time into it.  

I mentioned before that I’d like to see a battle royale style mode where everyone goes in with nothing and has to scavenge randomised weapons and loot on the map. Have a smaller number of exits or perhaps no exit at all? Winner or winners if we allowed duos and trios get to head to an initially locked exit and can leave with whatever they found. Would need to flesh out the idea but a basic premise I like the idea of it. 

• Thanks 1

I've been playing this game for probably a year now and just within the last like two weeks, I can't stand that game anymore. Seems like out of nowhere everyone is just camping anymore. Yes, I know the game is more realistic and yes, I've told people about this game saying it's harder than cod because you actually have to have some tactics. But Jesus the camping is just getting outrageous; I literally don't have fun in this game anymore. I would rather go back to the matches with people doing nothing but killing because like me at least they are running around most of the time whereas everyone now just lays there waiting. I've had some crazy moments that i have on twitch where I've had people hunting me and I get them to follow and end up killing them because I was able to lead them on. But again, I can't have fun because everyone becomes a bush or a rock anymore, makes me wonder how they leave the encounters when they have grown roots sitting there too long. Another thing that has killed it for me is the newbie buff. I swear i used to be able to get three kills in a game no problem but anymore there's way too many "raincoats" who have the health buff because they are new. Thats really not fair to some of the people who have been playing the game for a while, hell even longer than me. We never got anything like that so now I get dropped from new people with under 50 kills because their guns recoil gave them a lucky headshot. Even though the new season comes out tomorrow I can kind of get a good idea where this game is going to continue to go especially with the shotgun buff I've seen to many of my favorite games get ruined so I may just hang my hat up now.