Sign in to follow this  
PFC_Mike

Cs weapons

A few days ago I was thinking of which weapons addons were the best -and I realized all of them had been converted from CS.

Are there any tutorials about how to convert weapons from one game to another?

Guest BratZ

All of them? If they were many had to be fixed,lol

Importing models from games depending on their format.

Just as easy to make a new one,we have too many rifles already (a soldier can only carry 1 at time! lol)

yeah but there are some nice m249s and pistols, plus smgs, shotguns, and grenades. I'd really like to see some nice, new REALISTIC-looking grenades

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Feb. 10 2003,16:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A few days ago I was thinking of which weapons addons were the best -and I realized all of them had been converted from CS.

Are there any tutorials about how to convert weapons from one game to another?<span id='postcolor'>

I can help you, my first couple of addons were CS and SOF2 imported guns. My email is u83r_h4x0r@hotmail.com, it would be helpful if you had messanger.

I can't think of any converted CS model among very best OFP weapon addons...

Well, maybe late Quakegamer's AWP and SIG rifles, but i guess they were eventualy completly redone.

My P99, the other P99, that new AW50, Quakergamer's CS stuff, and Matthjis's SIG552 with aimpoint. There are more but I don't remember.

I have done some convertions.. I used Milkshape3d to 3dsMax to O2Light.. Milkshape have loads of import filters.. :-)

noone seems to recall [CF] Koepke's (?) M4 and LR300.

I'm pretty sure they were on OFP.info. Without a doubt they are the best looking addon for OFP, of any kind. No joke, I have yet to see a better looking weapon anywhere.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Feb. 12 2003,02:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">noone seems to recall [CF] Koepke's (?) M4 and LR300.

I'm pretty sure they were on OFP.info. Without a doubt they are the best looking addon for OFP, of any kind. No joke, I have yet to see a better looking weapon anywhere.<span id='postcolor'>

I don't think those were imported, but then again I haven't been on a CS addon site in weeks. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Feb. 10 2003,22:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My P99, the other P99, that new AW50, Quakergamer's CS stuff, and Matthjis's SIG552 with aimpoint. There are more but I don't remember.<span id='postcolor'>

So how hard is it? Are the textures easy to apply, or do you need to redo from scratch?

If it's not too hard I'd like to have a crack at importing some weapons.

I have to agree with above, some of the CS and SOF2 imports looks fantastic in OFP.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (OxPecker @ Feb. 12 2003,02:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Feb. 10 2003,22:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My P99, the other P99, that new AW50, Quakergamer's CS stuff, and Matthjis's SIG552 with aimpoint. There are more but I don't remember.<span id='postcolor'>

So how hard is it? Are the textures easy to apply, or do you need to redo from scratch?

If it's not too hard I'd like to have a crack at importing some weapons.

I have to agree with above, some of the CS and SOF2 imports looks fantastic in OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

It's very, very easy. Theres not much involved, maybe except resizing and flipping to be in the correct position. There is no texture applying, that was most likely done by the original maker, unless he wanted to release a half-assed untextured gun. All you have to do is grab the following program to import some guns:

Deep Exploration Download page

1) After opening the CS mdl file, go to Save as and select 3ds. When the Export Properties box pops up, select the Texture maps tab. Check off Export textures and Rescale pictures, and in the Maximum edge size select 1024 (works best, any higher and you wont notice an improvement, plus it resizes it to the nest closest size).

2) There should now be a couple textures on your selected saving location, plus the 3ds file. Find the textures that contain the arm stuff, and delete them. They aren't needed. Now go to the Oxygen viewer folder, and create a folder that will also be your pbo's name. Since my example will be a Beretta, I'm going to call it "Art_B92" (use some sort of prefix so your addon doesn't interfere with others). Now take the 3ds file and the textures and drop 'em into your addon folder.

3) Open O2. Go to import 3ds in the File menu. A box should pop up to find your 3ds file, do that. A new box will now pop up after the 3ds file has been located. Deselect "Target Texture name is taken from Material name". In the prefix, write the name of your folder with a backslash after it. Press import. A convert textures box should pop up, and if everything went well your textures should now have been converted. The model should now be in the 4 boxes.

4) At this stage, it is very helpful to have an already made pistol or rifle open in a separate O2. You have to resize the gun, compare it to a different addon. In the front folder, the barrel of the gun should be facing left. Once you are done, save it.

5) Now you have to make a cpp. If you aren't that good at cpp's, take a cpp that already has been made and simply change things around, such as the gun name, model directory, sound location, etc. Save your cpp into your gun folder and call it "Config.cpp". You also have to make gear pictures and take some sounds.

6) Start up OFP, and go to the editor and go to desert island (it loads the fastest). Now make a soldier with your gun, either by select the soldier you may have created through the cpp, or manually add the gun to a soldier. Go to preview. Check if your gun fits into the soldier's hands, check sizes, etc. If some things are off, go back to O2 and adjust it, and repeat this step if necessary. Once your done, well, enjoy. smile.gif

Guest ####

I did the above basicly with Amazon addon pack #3. I used the head from Skinnergods lara model and converted and scaled it down. I also converted the textures to .pac from .tga. I had to create a new neck from scratch. You have to when adding different body parts on a unit model redefine them or they end up in wierd places when in game.