S3LMON

An error occurs when the mission file with AFAR script applied is obfuscated using obfuSQF and the server is opened.

Good morning :)

I made a mission file using AFAR script
(https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/200791-release-addon-free-arma-radio/)
(Thanks to phronk for developing a great script!)

Complete all mission files and service obfusqf (https://obfusqf.bytex.digital/)
obfuscated the mission file.

However, when I opened the server with the obfuscated mission file, the function did not run smoothly. (I think it might be a half run.)

I'm sure it ran for a while and then stopped, but I don't know exactly where the problem was (there was no error message, so I don't think the error was...).

Of all the problems I've encountered so far... it seems to be a different field...
Does anyone have any information that might be helpful?

(I am not an English speaker, so I may not have been able to convey the exact meaning of what I am saying, and there may even be some rude comments, but that is not my truth!)
Google translation

Thanks for reading :)

"Obfuscation aims at rendering your content unreadable and useless to third parties." - Seems to work for first parties too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vigil Vindex said:

"Obfuscation aims at rendering your content unreadable and useless to third parties." - Seems to work for first parties too.

Thanks for your comments!

However, other scripts in my mission worked well even with obfuscation.

I'm just cautiously guessing if some scripting feature unique to AFAR is causing the problem.

I've never worked with obfuscation, but at a guess it sounds like variables are being edited that an external/unedited source is trying to read. 

Not aware of obfuscation? just search for Arma obfuscation on net. It's just an extra-useless-anticommunity tool!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, pierremgi said:

It's just an extra-useless-anticommunity tool!

This is about all I know 😁 I learnt what I did thanks to the openness of the community. I just figured that maybe in this case variables were being renamed in some places and not others.