Kaede Takagaki

Much lagging need help...

Hi all:

I have played ARMA3 for 7200 hrs but often confused in lagging problem. I used to play with the Dell Inspiron laptop of CPU : i7-7700 HQ, 16GB MEM and GTX-1050TI GPU.

The game performance usually around 40 FPS , over 50 AI might decrease to 30 FPS.

Yesterday I changed a new laptop into Dell Alienware A51M-R2 with CPU:I7-10700K, 16GB MEM and RTX-2070 SUPER GPU

I considering the device might able to solve the problem , what I hope is all videos settings in medium or high , 60 AI Battle keep stable around 60FPS.

However, if enter the editor did nothing just watch trees

(SAMPLING: 100,

TEXTURE: very high,

OBJECTS: Standard ,

TERRAIN: Low,

SHADOW: Disabled,

PATICLES:  Low, 

COULD:  very high,

PIP:  Low.

OVERALL:  1268

OBJECT :830)

FPS is around 38, to the sea it up to 60-71. 40 AI bots battle FPS around 28-33. 6V6 tank/APC battle round 26-33 FPS.

I CAANOT accept a device much advanced than my past performance worse than the old laptop.....I tried whole night couldn`t figure it out.

May I ask where is the problem?????  How can I set each of options in launcher and videos settings and others to increase the FPS??

Thanks so much.

Welcome to ARMA forums. You should check what SPEED your RAM is at and what is your CPU's MAX TURBO speed.

Those 2 things will affect ARMA performance tremendously.

Also, check to make sure your CPU cooling is adequate at MAX TURBO speeds. If it overheats, the CPU will slow down to maintain the heat limit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey man, you should go to your Arma 3 Launcher and edit some of the parameters in the launcher. Also set your game to 32 bit because for some reason Arma 3 doesn't go past 60 fps in 64bit.

• Thanks 1

I would definitely suggest playing in 64bit in all except the most unique circumstances, and not because "arma doesn't go past 60 fps in 64 bit"...... 

• Thanks 1

Thank you for all 🙂

The problem has been solved. At first ARMA3 running with the intergrated graphics and the RTX 2070S haven`t get activated ...so it came 30 fps.

After changed into RTX-2070S , game running with highest 185 FPS and 150 AI battle keep staying around 100-120 FPS.

Cheers.

• Like 3

On 4/26/2021 at 10:26 PM, Kaede Takagaki said:

Thank you for all 🙂

The problem has been solved. At first ARMA3 running with the intergrated graphics and the RTX 2070S haven`t get activated ...so it came 30 fps.

After changed into RTX-2070S , game running with highest 185 FPS and 150 AI battle keep staying around 100-120 FPS.

Cheers.

I was about to sugest that for you. I also had this problem. You have two video cards and you can change from one to the other. The integrated one consumes less power this is why it is habilited.

Also, now you know you have a somewhat good integrated video card.

On 4/26/2021 at 3:26 PM, Kaede Takagaki said:

Well... fine! that's Sci-Fi for me (GTX 1660). On the other hand, is your V-sync enabled? If yes, wow!

One cent question:

I wonder wether if too many FPS are not loading the bark for CPU when scripts are using "onEachFrame" event handlers (no matter the version).

So, reasonably, is there an optimum between tremendous FPS (your eyes can't see the difference) and the possible lag due to CPU resource ?

pierremgi,

My monitor have 144Hz, i feel a big difference from 60 to 120 fps. 120 fps is ideal, but also a dream. Most of the time fps is between 60 and 120, on my GTX 1080.