Ex3B

Prarie Fire discussion

Interesting.  I don't understand exactly what you are talking about, but that doesn't matter.  I suggest posting on Savage Game Design's Prairie Fire Discord to get a faster answer.  There is always some dev there it seems, so you would likely get an answer quickly.

• Thanks 1

See this menu here?

This is the default map menu, and it' has very useful features: One of them being the kill statistics that I use all the time (for over 10 years) When you install the Contact or Prairie Fire DLC, this menu gets replaced with a cheap looking menu with out these statistics. You can even see the buttons on the top right that are missing from the newer menu. I don't understand what they were thinking. And if these features are hidden someone, they didn't make it very apparent.

The Original menu is even shown on the BIS Wiki page. It's been around forever, now it's gone unless I disable these two DLCs

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Mission_Presentation?useskin=darkvector

I get statisitics in SOG as well. Simple to test. Run SOG in preview, kill one or more unit(s). No problem. Perhaps, you are running another mod

ArmA-3-Screenshot-2024.07.27-06.39.21.75

• Thanks 1

Hello pierremgi

As far as me running another mod, this is where I ordered the DLC.

Yes, you got it. This is the map I get when I hit the M key after the Contact and/or Prairie Fire DLC is loaded. It's horrible. The menus on the left don't show anything,There are notes and objectives but it won't show any kill data. There are no layer buttons on the top like the original map menu such as the one you are showing. I hate this map.

Here is a screenshot of this map with the right center button active. This map won't do anything useful.

arma3_new_map.jpg

Here is another screenshot pierremgi

I've looked in all the settings, I can't find anything to change back to the old style map menu. If I disable the two DLCs, then the Map goes back to normal.

main_menu.jpg

Unload Contact DLC and you can play SOG with normal map and stats.

For Contact, you could add a feature request on manifest, but I'll not bet on that.

No, I tired that, even if I unload/disable Contact, this new map shows up when I hit the M button in preview. I have to unload both DLCs.

I wish I could send a ticket to https://feedback.bistudio.com/ Developers. I can't register there, the verification code will not come back to my email. My host must be on some kind of black list.

EDIT

I was able to register a different email and post a support ticket! :thumbsup:

Just now, Boss-Starstreams said:

Could you possible submit a ticket for me?

I will not because I have no problem with SOG DLC and, furthermore, I don't keep Contact menu/map when I unload Contact DLC from BI Arma launcher. Nothing weird on my Arma.

You should check what you are loading, and how. Perhaps, you are running a dedicated server calling Contact DLC....

Definitely, there is no problem for map with SOG Prairie Fire , as we are here in a Prairie Fire topic.

I edited the post above just after you must have replied back.

I was able to register a different email and post a support ticket! :thumbsup: